Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile How many of you do pin trading when you visit disneyland?

I started pin trading my last trip to Disneyland.I ended up with to lanyards full.I put them on display when I got home in a shadow box on my wall to remind me of all the wonderful memories I made on my trip.I tried to trade for the pins that are about the rides I went on and my favorite disney characters.If you pin trade,what type of pins do you trade for?Do you display them when you get home?What is the best place in disneyland to pin trade?Have you found any places outside of Disneyland that have cool disney pins?

• my favorite sociopath

Re: How many of you do pin trading when you visit disneyland?

I don't trade, I hoard.

• Future Indy Castmember

I buy pins, but not for the purpose of trading. I like to decorate my camera bag with pins and have 2 duffy pins and a dragon pin on it currently with a WoC pin on my school/Duffy bag.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

I used to wear my lanyard with pins on them from 2005 to 2007 on some of my visit to the DLR, but now I stop wearing them to the parks because I have change and I don't want to look like I'm obsess/geek with Disney when I go with my friend and etc lol.

oh, I have never trade pins with anyone before.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

I realize this sounds like a testimonial, but my family has fun pin trading at the parks. We get to meet lots of different people (although I try to steer my kids to trade with CMs), and we add to our experience as we walk to different attractions, hop from DL to CA, or just enjoy our time in DTD.

If I'm buying pins to trade, then I try to stick with pins that are on sale (no, I do not buy bulk on ebay). Otherwise if I wear a pin I plan to keep, then I'll lock it in place.

To be honest, there are various negatives to pin trading: COST, losing pins, not recognizing a fake pin, grumpy CMs and "professional traders" who nitpic authentic pins, etc... But pin trading is still a fun (and highly addictive) thing to do during 'down time.'

I started a little over a year ago, when I first got hired as a CM and they were still doing the 50% discount, and it became an obsession. Now that I'm no longer a traditional CM, I don't buy as many, but I've got about 8 lanyards worth of pins, all themed.

The themes include: Beauty and the Beast (Belle is my favorite princess), my favorite Disney characters, attractions, etc., a villains lanyard, CM only pins, etc. I usually trade for whatever catches my eye, but only with CMs, because the regular traders can get a little picky. I'm a bad trader though, because I'll buy the packs of 7 pins and use those as my traders.
    "Look there she goes, that girl is so peculiar...with a dreamy, far-off look, and her nose stuck in a book..." Yep, that would be me!

I tend to post in a thread and forget to check it ever again, or even worse, I kill it. Yay me.

•   
    • Minion

I do it love it. I have so many, too many!!!! I try to keep to haunted mansion and Villains. It;s a great way to interact with CMs. usually if they are wearing a lanyard it's by choice so they will often look at what you are wearing and ask you about your pins. I tend to wear "show off" pins and not my traders. I have my traders in my pocket

I can't keep onto a pin for too long. I try not to get too much of a sentimental value for each individual one, because I like trading and seeing new pins each time :] I usually go for themes (currently going for all Mickey)

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I am too attached to my things to trade! lol. I usually have cast member pins that I really like. The grands, however, have around 4 pins each time on their lanyard to trade and they enjoy doing that.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

My wife loves to pin trade, so I get sucked into it myself. It's fun to collect sets (we're into the villains) and it adds a little extra something to do when we visit. We also have the lanyards from each visit hung up on the wall, so it's nice to look at those and remember our visit.

• Clean Cup! Move Down!

Quote Originally Posted by NemoVir View Post
    I don't trade, I hoard.
    This! LOL!!

I have traded a few pins with cast members. Most of my pins, I've collected because I like them - hence, I don't want anyone else to have them! haha.. Most of my pins are in shadow boxes at home, but I have a lanyard that I wear to the parks.

My two main at-home collections: all things Alice in Wonderland (emphasis on the Cheshire Cat); my two favorite villains (Maleficent and Ursula).

The rest are a random bunch of pins related to trips (season pins and park pins) and my interests (Star Wars, dance, etc.). The lanyard I wear to the parks typically has pins that represent me in some way and/or the season I'm visiting (Last trip was in October, so I wore a bunch of Halloween pins).

Definitely an addictive (and expensive) hobby.
    DL Trips: '78, '84, '89, '90, '91, '96, '03, '06, '07(x2), '08, '10(x2), '12
    DW Trips: '08
    International parks: Some day...

I kinda quit. And went to the darkside........................................VI NYLMATION.

I love it

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

I don't trade pins, I just collect them.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

I hardly ever trade. I paid good money for these pieces of metal with print on them, and I'm not gonna give them up for something that could cost less or be a...

Scrapper.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

I've gone in phases of wearing/not wearing my pins to the park. I've only traded with CMs and I don't do it often because I usually prefer the ones I've purchased. I do tend to stick with villains but I also have a few princesses in my collection. Most of my pins are in a drawer, though some are on lanyards hanging from my coat hook.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast