Thread: Carsland Pins

• Senior Minion

Carsland Pins

So, i have been collecting pins here and there for the last 2 or 3 years. I have about 7 or 8 that i wear on my lanyard. because i buy ones i like and pay for them, ive never really traded cause i feel bad parting with my pins. Today while waiting to see aladdin, i noticed a castmember wearing a pin with filmore on it that had the Carsland logo on it as well. He was in a hurry, but luckily still traded with me. Knowing that nothing of this sort had been released yet, i was immediately VERY excited over this trade that i managed to make (even though i traded one of my favorite pins).

I talked to a cast member, and she said the pin i had isnt for sale yet, and may not be for sale at all. it is part of a costco travel company deal where the pin is part of a package. i only saw one other person the entire day with the same pin.

My question is:
    was this find really as good as im making it out to be, or are these pins plentiful and im excited over nothing?

either way, i LOVE cars and cant wait for carsland, so the pin is great, but it would make it even better if it were something special.

Thanks for your help everyone

•   
    • Minion

Re: Carsland Pins

They released some at the d23 convention last year from WDI here is a link to them I was lucky enough to get some they are pretty nice can't wait for the real ones!!! I think there is a mater one I am missing from pin pics below. I will have to dig through mine and see where I put these.

Pin Pics: View Pin 86195
    Pin Pics: View Pin 86196
    Pin Pics: View Pin 86197
    Pin Pics: View Pin 86199
    Pin Pics: View Pin 86200
    Pin Pics: View Pin 86201

Quote Originally Posted by padgerfan View Post
    So, i have been collecting pins here and there for the last 2 or 3 years. I have about 7 or 8 that i wear on my lanyard. because i buy ones i like and pay for them, ive never really traded cause i feel bad parting with my pins. Today while waiting to see aladdin, i noticed a castmember wearing a pin with filmore on it that had the Carsland logo on it as well. He was in a hurry, but luckily still traded with me. Knowing that nothing of this sort had been released yet, i was immediately VERY excited over this trade that i managed to make (even though i traded one of my favorite pins). I talked to a cast member, and she said the pin i had isnt for sale yet, and may not be for sale at all. it is part of a costco travel company deal where the pin is part of a package. i only saw one other person the entire day with the same pin. My question is: was this find really as good as im making it out to be, or are these pins plentiful and im excited over nothing? either way, i LOVE cars and cant wait for carsland, so the pin is great, but it would make it even better if it were something special. Thanks for your help everyone
    I am new at the whole trading thing as I was last at Disney in the summer of 1999 and pins were not around. I finally went back to WDW last August 2011. We are headed back next month. After trying to figure pins out and find some collections I liked I came across this set too... I believe there are four different pins and each was sent a different company as a promo tool. Pin Pics: Pin Groups Fillmore - Costco Travel McQueen - Walt Disney Travel Company Luigi & Guido - Disney Visa from Chase Mater - AAA Vacations When I was there in August and bought a few pins - I had NO idea the cast had exclusive pins to trade. I saw quite a few with pins I would have traded but now I know. We went for one day only and we were too wrapped up in seeing the park again to read up on pins and how trading all worked. After we looked up on the interweb and found most we saw were cast exclusives. Hope this helps....

You are correct Editcrazy those are the pins for those respective company's . Working for WDTC i should know