•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Question Looking for an informed oPINion

I am not a pin collector, but I am looking for advice from someone who is informed in the wonderful world of Disny pins.

I would like to purchase a Haunted Mansion pin. I do not want to spend a great deal of money so I am not interested in a rare or extremely collectible pin. I want something that, when an observer who is familiar with the mansion sees it, is recognizable on sight as representing the HM. I know there have been a ton of pins created that are HM themed. What would be one you would suggest to me?

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Closed Account

Re: Looking for an informed oPINion

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    I am not a pin collector, but I am looking for advice from someone who is informed in the wonderful world of Disny pins.

I would like to purchase a Haunted Mansion pin. I do not want to spend a great deal of money so I am not interested in a rare or extremely collectible pin. I want something that, when an observer who is familiar with the mansion sees it, is recognizable on sight as representing the HM. I know there have been a ton of pins created that are HM themed. What would be one you would suggest to me?

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Are you looking to represent Haunted Mansion at Disneyland or Disney World?
    A couple I would suggest for Disneyland representation:
    The glow in the dark Haunted Mansion pin from 2001 - encompasses the essence of the mansion, plus since it glows it is fun when you go on the ride, and can actually see it glowing in the dark.

Another one I would recommend is one of the mansion with the hitchhiking ghosts out front. If you are taken with the hitchhiking ghosts, then it may be better suited for you. That pin is pin number 96518.

I have dozens of Haunted Mansion pins in my collection, but most of them have other characters in them. I have a Chip N Dale slider one that I love, but I think they pull away from the true experience and essence of the Haunted Mansion.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Thanks for the suggestions. The HHG pin sounds perfect.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

Have you looked on pinpics.com It's a website devoted to cataloging Disney pins and other collectible pins. It has a fantastic search engine where you can limit your search to just Haunted Mansion pins. You can view it by thumbnail photos (I recommend this) or by a list.
    You can also limit the search to just pins from Disneyland, Walt Disney World, etc too.
    The site doesn't give monetary values to the pins, but one can usually determine the demand of a pin by seeing how many are trading (members of the site) versus those who want the pin.