Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Do you collect and trade for fun or for value?

I collect for fun.

• most magical vaca ever

My kids and me collect for fun... don't trade um'

My son traded a few pins on our last WDW trip but I'm more of a buy for keeps collector
    ~~~~~~

• Minion

I'll trade if somehow I end up having duplicate pins. You know, someone will give me a pin I already have, or something. Then I'll trade if I see something I like, I don't really care about the value.
    I want my cake back!

• Do You know?

I trade for fun. I get what I like and usually do not even notice it is a LE pin until I get home and look at the back of the pin. Like I told a CM recently, I am not a pin trader I just seem to be a pin buyer.

Pins to me were a nice way of remembering that I had been to DLR that many times. Since they do not cost that much (usually) I would get a pin eveytime I came and since I am AP holder it adds up. If I do trade I do look for something that I like more than the cost.

• Sock Puppet

i like to trade for fun because it is fun collecting and it is also another item i likecollecting. Another thing that i like to collect is shot glass.

I don't really trade pins at all. When I go to Disneyland I buy a couple, and I usually end up with a few for my birthday and Christmas. Then, as a general rule, I keep them. The pins I get are usually the ones I really like, so I don't see any reason to swap.
    "All of our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."

-Walt Disney

I like getting something of nice Value but really I just get the ones of characters, movies, or attractions that I like. I know when I went to DLR not too long ago I got a ton of ones that said "Disneyland" on them just as memento of actually being at the park.
    The way I look at pins is collect what you want and keep them in good condition in something that displays your collection well. And eventually over time they will become more and more valuable.

• Galactic Hero

I used to NEVER trade pins but now it's something I look forward to doing when we go! I usually get those pin packs ( $30 for 7 or 8 I think it is... ) and then just trade for Cast Lanyard pins. I've lucked out and gotten many series completed, and have 50+ CL pins. I even got a Limited Edition from DL! It was a "mystery pin", as the CM described, and was turned backwards on her lanyard. I had never heard of that, so I traded for it, thinking that if I didn't like it, I could always trade it to another CM - I ended up with a Golden Vehicles pin, with the Disneyland, not World, Logo and description I love trading for value mostly, but I have many that are just "for fun"

• Banned User

Its a fun hobby for me.

• I know who I am, do you?

Both. What's cool is that they are the same to me. I have fun when i get valuable pins.. or any pins at all for that matter.

I trade and collect for fun. I try to get pins that are of value to me. I don't know if I have any pins that are worth any money but I like them and that's what matters to me.
    Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

• Narnian in Disneyland

6 hours and 29 minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

I never trade my pins, so when I'm buying them, I take my time and choose the ones I like best. I think pins are a good souvenir because they don't take up a lot of space and you can keep using them on future trips. I always buy one per day I spend at Disneyland. The dollar value doesn't really matter to me, but I do always buy 3-D pins. I like the way they look on my lanyard more than the flat ones.

I am actually looking into doing the Disney College Program near the end of my school (probably when I am in my senior year of college) so I am hoping since I might be working at the park that I could get rarer pins.

I mostly trade for fun. When I first started collecting in 2004, I had no problem trading for pins that I wanted to keep. I've gotten so many of the pins that I'd like to keep that there are fewer that I find to trade. I only came home with 3 that I had traded for from my trip in June. The number of pins I ended up buying is a completely different story. My kids, on the other hand, aren't nearly as picky as I am at this point. They could trade 50 pins apiece if I'd let them.

• Disneyland Fan

I've only had one visit to try out trading pins. Its quite fun. Thats why I'll do it again on the next visit. It really is fun.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast