• Sock Puppet

Pin Bags for your pins

i have several questions about storing pins

1. What kind of bag or storage device do you keep your pins from getting dusted or scratched.

2. If you store them in a bag do you still keep the card the pin came on or do you throw it away. Is it more valuable if you have the original card.

3. When you go to DL how do u display them. Do u carry around the special pin bags they make or on a lanyard

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Re: Pin Bags for your pins

I have so many pins, I have run out of ways to keep them displayed/in storage. I only keep what I want to trade in a pin bag which I bring to the park and trade from. My own collection is either kept in a cabinet(which is held for only eextremely hard to find pins, holy grails, etc.) My other pins are kept on a two large cork boards. I usually don't wear a lanyard to the park, I only wear my ID holder lanyard. If I do wear a lanyard, its for my own collection and not pins to trade.

I keep all my backers that the pins come on. I don't think the backers will make the pin any more valuable unless the backer was made especially for the pin(such as the I Was There backer, DSF(soda fountain) or WDI backers(with Imagineer logo).

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

I have mine hanging on a coarkbaoard on the wall. You can out them in a clear case so they won't get dusty.

2. Like kronos said, I only keep the specialty backs. I actually keep those pins on the card backs and hang them up that way.

3. I only bring traders to the park so I just put them in a ziploc bag. I'm too freaked any pins I wear will fall off, so I don't wear them.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4 View Post

1. What kind of bag or storage device do you keep your pins from getting dusted or scratched.

2. If you store them in a bag do you still keep the card the pin came on or do you throw it away. Is it more valuable if you have the original card.

3. When you go to DL how do u display them. Do u carry around the special pin bags they make or on a lanyard

Disneyland sells pin books / bags for $30+. Each page has a plastic sheet inbetween to protect the pins from the other pages.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Sock Puppet

Where would you buy these and is there different sizes referring to the pin bags

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4 View Post

heey you can buy these bags at most disney stores and they do come in numerous sizes