Page 5 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2345678153055105 ... LastLast

• I may be nutz...but...

Re: Recent Pin Aquisition(s) thread!

I love collecting Disney pins and I have a huge collection. This past week I found one of my Holy Grails, the WDW Atlas set complete with the map that they attach to for $475.00 on eBay. Had to have it. I get almost all my pins from eBay. Since I live so far from the parks, I have a few friends that I have made that will pick up the new ones I want and I also find all the LEs and DA pins that I covet. My collection is mostly Disney Auction and LEs as well as Jumbo pins and framed sets. I LOVE pins! I probably am up to well over 1000 pins now and still bidding on eBay. You can find some of the best stuff there, it can be quite expensive since the ones I want are the Very Rare and HTF pins. I also collect Ariel and Beauty and the Beast, castle and D-Land Hotel mostly. I want to do some trading in the Parks when we come down next trip. I have many dupes and a lot of traders, some very good LEs to trade and the usual bag of trading pins. It will be fun to go to a trading event. Nothing around here, that's for sure. No Disney in Denver! LOL!
    We always get pins to commemorate each trip. I also like to collect the pins that are of DL, the lands, the attractions, etc. I find it difficult to stick to one subject, so I have many different collections. Hubby collects POTC and Pooh pins.
    Just found this thread, what a great idea! Pin trading is such a habit, er, I mean hobby! It is my favorite hobby! Love those shiny little pieces of Disney Joy!
    susabelle

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Love me those Splash Mountain pins Coheteboy! Now to see if I can get them either in NYC or when I go to WDW in a few weeks.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

NeverNeverLand, I believe the Tink daydreaming one just came out. Check out ebay in a week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Jellis!!!
    NeverNeverland, check your PMs. I might just become your new best friend!

• I may be nutz...but...

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    I got this in the mail today, a friend got it at DLP recently and knew I would love it. And, of course, I do!

This IS a beautiful pin! I am wondering HOW your friend got hold of it since this is part of "The Year of a Million Dreams" series that starts with a Mickey Mouse pin in August and this particular design will NOT be released until October at WDW!!!!! You may very well have a counterfeit pin.

Does someone know if they released these at DL Paris earlier? I am under the impression from all the info I have that this will NOT be available until October. The reason I know is because I have been waiting for it and when I saw your post, it surprised me.

I saw one of the August Mickey designs on eBay this weekend and it was snapped up as a Buy it Now item before I got to buy it. I would have grabbed it because I pick up the counterfeits and then try to get the real pin and write articles about how to tell the difference between the scrappers, or second runs (done illegally using the mold which was supposed to be destroyed but someone got hold of and minted more pins). Usually these seconds or scrappers have telltale signs, the silver outlining is spotty and the colors are not going to be the same as the true Disney issued pin. I am wondering if the seconds have gotten out there already.

This happened with the Belle quote cast lanyard pin. I bought one from ebay BEFORE the official release, and then got one directly from a cast lanyard and the difference was amazing. I have an article at eBay explaining the differences in the two. It happens a lot so the seconds get mixed in and unless you know what you are looking for it is hard to tell. It is a good possibility that any pin gotten long before it's official release is a second and came from China via unscrupulous sellers to other countries and then here. Usually they will wait until just a few days before their official Disney U.S. release to start putting them out in the pin traders books at the Parks. They then get mixed in once the pin has been released. I am passionate about scrappers and seconds. They dilute the real Disney pins and collectors are unwittingly adding fakes to their collections! Grrrrrr....
    I would be VERY curious as to where and how your friend came by this pin in Disney Paris. If they are in fact pre-released there, cool. If not and she got it from a trader or someone other than buying it at the Park itself, it is suspect! Just a few bits of info to check out...
    I really love this pin and the series and have been waiting for them, so that is why I am VERY interested in why this is out there before an October WDW release.

I honestly don't know. I just know that she got it in Paris a few days ago. I really hope it's not a counterfit since she works for the Disney company and that wouldn't really be a good friend to do that to me.

I just looked on PinPics and it said it was released on May 1,2007. I guess I'll find out in a week and keep you posted.
    Last edited by SorcererMickey; 07-30-2007 at 02:26 PM.

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Love me those Splash Mountain pins Coheteboy! Now to see if I can get them either in NYC or when I go to WDW in a few weeks.
    Those are only at WDI....unless you planned to trade for them. They are really nice, although in person, the gold lining stands out too much and you have to hold it the right way to really see it.

• Minion

I got the scoop on the Tink YOAMD pin. It is actually from WDW not DLP like I originally thought. My friend is doing all parks except DL back to back. She bought me something at each park and by the end of her 3 week vacation she was confused where she bought what. The Tink pin was purchased at WDW, not traded.

• I may be nutz...but...

It looks like the Tink Year of a Million Dreams pin WAS released before the date I saw. But then there is so much info out there about pin release dates, you can never be sure what the real date is. I just bought one on eBay. If your friend works for Disney, then she got the real thing! It was a WDW release definitely. I also was able to find one of the Mickey ones and I know there are several more in this series! I just got the Disneyland Atlas pin to go with the WDW Atlas set of pins! I am so excited, I cannot contain myself. I have always wanted the Park Atlas pins and now I found both Parks! YAY! Another great find was the Shampoo bottle, toothpaste box and bar of soap pins that look like the small size items the Hotels give you. They made pins of them! These are nearly impossible to find and I found a very trustworthy seller and was able to get them (for a small fortune) but I have them. I do not have the other pins that go with them and the display rack. it was a cool set for Magical Gatherings at WDW and was Goofy as a bellboy and Donald hanging on a hanger on the stand with the pins of the toiletries in boxes that look like luggage. There is a stand that is like the bellhops cart. Very cool. I have to work on finding the rest of the set.
    I will try to take pictures and then get them posted. I am just learning to load pics and figure out how to post them and email them. I am not very tech savy!
    Susi

• Circle of Ancients

I collect mostly Mickey pins or special AP pins but if I see Jack Sparrow, I can't resist

• Circle of Ancients

Here is one Mickey

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Very cool, Gina!

Here's the latest pin I picked up from a hobby shop for $15. Something you won't find in the regular stores as it was a special WDI release. I love me the imagineering exclusive pins.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Shablagoo!

Hey Coheteboy. Didn't you just get another pin in the mail the other day?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Hey Coheteboy. Didn't you just get another pin in the mail the other day?
    Ah yes, I was going to mention that but it's on my desk at work! I forgot to bring it home to get photographed.

Melonballer was kind enough to send me a cool Records pin. It's a cool one!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 5 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2345678153055105 ... LastLast