• Earth Intruder

Maleficent Villains Event Pin

Hey kids, I have a pin from the Villains Event back in October 2000 that I want to sell (actually a couple of pins, but the main one is the giveaway maleficent pin).

What's the best way on this, ebay?

Also, the box to the pin is somewhat worn at the edges, thought the pin itself is in perfect condition. Does this reduce the value of the pin itself?

Thanks a bundle!!!
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

Re: Maleficent Villains Event Pin

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    Hey kids, I have a pin from the Villains Event back in October 2000 that I want to sell (actually a couple of pins, but the main one is the giveaway maleficent pin).

Also, the box to the pin is somewhat worn at the edges, thought the pin itself is in perfect condition. Does this reduce the value of the pin itself?

Thanks a bundle!!!

yes, put that one on ebay. I don't think the worn box reduces the value of the pin, there are alot of people who have that pin that don't keep the original box. in fact having the box can kind of serve as proof that the pin really did come from that event. the oval villian pins I would put on ebay too, they don't show up very much anymore so i'm not sure what a fair value on those would be.

• done

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    Ebay is a good idea, but the Maleficent pin is highly sought after, so you might want to increase your exposure of selling the pin. If you go to pinpics.com and do a search for the pin, you'll see how many people want it. I think they only talk about trading, which I would presume is not what you're interested in. However, I believe they have boards attached (if not to pinpics, then dizpins.com), so you might want to post a note there. I don't know if they allow selling there, but if you ask the same question there that you asked here, at least more people who would actually be interested in the pin would know to look for it on ebay and give you a good chance of getting a fair/better price.

• Banned User

pics pics pics !!

• Earth Intruder

Thanks for the tips all!!! I didn't know where to start so you pointed me in some great directions.

On pinpics.com the link to the pin I want to unload is here.

I also have this , as well as some of the limited edition ride pins from that evening.

I'm keeping this though

I mean, the things are just sitting around in a drawer, and whenever I move I look at them for two seconds and then they go back in a drawer. Other people will get more enjoyment out of them.

Or is it the longer I wait, the more value they'll have? I mean, I remember seeing that initial Maleficent pin for $400 on ebay, but that was like within a year or two of the event. Now that it's nearly 7 years later, I'm not sure if the demand is quite THAT intense...
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

That Maleficent pin is absolutely gorgeous!