Thread: New To The Game

• Imaginative Possibilities

New To The Game

So my girlfriend has become ridiculously interested in Pin Trading, and I have a few questions. Ive tried to avoid this activity as i have observed and experienced the evils of pin trading, i could rant but thats another chapter. Anyways! in our recent outing I met some cool people and their cool collections and found it was pretty addicting, this pin trading. So I was wondering how does it work? How do you trade? How do you approach? rules of what cant do, whats not good ettiquite...any help would be hot...
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

• Too far from Disney World

Re: New To The Game

I had the same thoughts as you until last fall when we went to Disney World. It my my boyfriend that got me into it as he kept finding Donald pins he thought were cool and that I should have. We came home with about 50 pins!

The rules are easy and posted at all the places that sell pins. We found a basic trade went like this:

1) Approach someone wearing a blue lanyard or patch hanging off their belt. The green ones are for kids under 12.

2) ASK if you can look at their pins. Don't try to reach out and touch them

3) If you find a pin you like ask them if they will trade that pin for one of yours. If it is a CM you are talking with we were told that they pretty much can't tell you no

4) If they agree to the trade, take your pin off your lanyard and put the back on it and hold the pin out for them to pick up.

With CM's you're not supposed to trade more than 2 pins with the same CM per day. I don't know if this goes for other guests or not. Everyone was REALLY friendly when we approached them and told them we were new to trading. They answered any questions we had.

I'm no expert at this but I've found everyone on here to be really helpful as well. Seeing pics of everyone's collections shows what a variety of pins there are, different ways to display and how indepth the hobby can get.
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• Too far from Disney World

Here's a link to the Official Disney Pin Trading site. There's a .pdf you can download on the pin trading etquitte and it explains the different types of pins out there as well as other faqs

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/p...getStarted#123
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• Imaginative Possibilities

thanks..
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

I myself have started collecting Black & White Vintage or not Vintage pins. So addicting even got a Jack Pin bag because it was black and white

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

I'll never forget my first few pins that I bought. I got a pin that resembles California's I-5 sign, and it has a Mickey silouhette in the background, a Mike Wazowski pin with him wearing a Monster's Inc. hard hat giving a thumbs up, a pin with Mickey and Minnie riding the Dumdo ride that says "Disneyland", and a pin with a surfboard that says "Disney's California Adventure est. 2001". Now I have over a 200 hundred pins, and the number continues to grow. It is very addictive indeed.

"I hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney