Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Attention Pin Traders!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4 View Post
    What is DTD pin traders?
    DTD= Downtown Disney, thus the pin shop in Downtown Disney by the monorail station.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Disney Pinapple Princess

It's pretty sad that someone would go so low as to counterfit pins.
    I just started to trade, mostly because I fugured, Cast members might have cool, exclusive pins, and it's fun talking to CM's and stuff, but recently I did have a CM at Westward Ho inspect a pin my husband traded. we thought it was weird. but now we know why. Good info though!
    *** Disney Pinapple Princess *** Cove Bar Crew - DCA** HELL YEAH!!!***
    [IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4e8xunrnijrm.png[/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Disney Dorks of the world unite!

• Imaginative Possibilities

I try to point out counterfeit pins to some fellow CMs so we can get rid of them. As for trading, i know which is which and refuse to trade fake pins. BUT i dont just say no I wont trade, i explain why...
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

• A Weather Eye Open

i want to trade with CMs more than i want to buy. i only have a few pins and i want to rotate them and such.

is there anything i can look for immediately when trading with a CM? i don't want to look crazy smelling the pin or something, and i can't just look it up on pin pics right then (of course i will after, just to be safe). i probably won't be looking for specific pins. can one usually trust the logos on the back?
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

I actually got a counterfeit Tower of Terror pin it looked like this:

http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?p...658.1219572698

I read the note at the bottom and then I took a very close look at it. The windows at the top weren't smooth, the metal they used was popping out of the glossy overlay. The letters toward the bottom were crooked and kind of off centered. I threw the pin away since I didn't know what to do with it.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post

http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?p...658.1219572698

I read the note at the bottom and then I took a very close look at it. The windows at the top weren't smooth, the metal they used was popping out of the glossy overlay. The letters toward the bottom were crooked and kind of off centered. I threw the pin away since I didn't know what to do with it.
    You should not throw the pin away. You can still trade it with any CM. They will accept any "Disney" pin.
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WheresMickey View Post
    You should not throw the pin away. You can still trade it with any CM. They will accept any "Disney" pin.
    If it was a fake, then you should be honest and NOT trade it. That's how people get fakes to begin with! IF you liked it, I would have just kept it, since I am trading for me, and not for value. I have several I know are fakes, but they are also proudly displayed on my bulletin boards with all the others, because I chose them because I actually like them.

Trading fake pins in any form is something that I do not think should be encouraged.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WheresMickey View Post
    Not always. If the CM spots a fake pin they are under no obligation to trade. In fact, I understand that if they spot a fake pin they will refuse to trade and will most likely tell you why. CM's are pretty astute and spotting the bad ones.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    If it was a fake, then you should be honest and NOT trade it. That's how people get fakes to begin with! IF you liked it, I would have just kept it, since I am trading for me, and not for value. I have several I know are fakes, but they are also proudly displayed on my bulletin boards with all the others, because I chose them because I actually like them.

Trading fake pins in any form is something that I do not think should be encouraged.
    Thank you! This is the best advice! Why would you want to trade something you know is bogus? Would you want to be on the receiving end of a transaction like that? If you already have been then you know how bad it makes you feel.

I've only recently started collecting pins. So far to the best of my knowledge all of mine are good. But like Yo Yo, if I get one thats not, I'll just add it to my collection, since I'm not into the trading side anyway, but I just like collecting ones I like.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Yeah...It's definitely bizzare to see pins out on CM's lanyards weeks before the official release dates....

Dang scrappers....
    CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE: http://imadedisneyhistory.com

• Banned User

For someone who is just starting this little habit....this makes me not want to do it anymore! I'm not sure I have the energy to worry if they are fakes or not!

• For You!

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post

Pin Pics: View Pin 846

I have that pin - I've never checked it to see if it was fake. I just thought it was cool. I'll still keep it no matter what.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

I have one that I actually traded a CM for at the park that I'm fairly certain is counterfeit or at least sedsema. But you know what? I traded for it because I liked it, not because of the inherent financial value of it, so I don't care. That's where you have to make your decisions, Neenie - why are you liking the idea of pin trading? Is it to trade for something extra cool that goes in a shadow box in your house or is it for potential sale either now or later? If it's a Monstro pin, do you care if it is fake or not?

Edit: It's Sedsema.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how youd meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later youd be playing like you were best friends?"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    That's where you have to make your decisions, Neenie - why are you liking the idea of pin trading? Is it to trade for something extra cool that goes in a shadow box in your house or is it for potential sale either now or later?.
    Definitely for the fun of it and not to make billions later! So, I guess I will take my chances with what I've bought on Ebay to sell (which all were on Pinpics.com) and hope for the best! I sort of DO care if it's a fake, even a Monstro...but...ultimately, I like attraction ones, and, hope the ones I've bought to keep ARE real.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123