• 101-120 pins

4 4.04%
  • 121-140 pins

4 4.04%
  • 141-160 pins

3 3.03%
  • 160+ pins

30 30.30%
  • Doesn't matter, I don't do Pin Trading!

6 6.06%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• we jumped out a window

Re: How Many Pins Do You Have?

I'm up to 114 pins now.

The interesting thing in the poll is that the majority either have less than 20 or over 160 which means I need to acquire at least 46 more pins!

• Disney Princess

I started collecting pins when I was a CP at WDW, I became addicted to them and I can't stop. The thing I have trouble with is trading pins. I love all of my pins so I don't think I will ever want to trade any of them.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

I hit my 100th pin today!

• E T1CK3T

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    I hit my 100th pin today!
    Congratulations! And may there be 100 pins more!

• On Autopilot

My goal is to get 59 different Maleficent pins, and a pin of my favorite character from Each Disney Movie

right now, with 40 Maleficent pins and etc. I have about 100ish (they're all on a cork board)

• Characters are my friends

I have several hundred pins right now. My favorites are the Hidden Mickey pins.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

• TDR and Japan fan

almost 400 pins love them and have some doubles for them trade bc the ones i onl have one i dont think ill ever trade them
    Last edited by luckyone; 12-09-2008 at 02:38 PM.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

about 10 or so...

not sure

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Since the poll was posted and I cast my vote, I've actually moved up a tier. That's very alarming to me!
    Ha!! I've moved up two... now thats alarming!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Sock Puppet

Whoa...I love this topic. Well, I myself have about 650-700 pins (not including the other 500 from my parents collectively). And about 50 of them are sorcerer mickey, but I plan to expand my collection. So you can say that I have a pretty big collection. Oh, and since my parents and I were so into the pin-trading thing in 2005, we were actually one of the few hunderd of people that were let into Disneyland on July 17, 2005 and that waited in the 8hr long line for the "I Was There -- July 17, 2005" pin. Woohoo! Sorry not trading tho.

• Addicted to MC since '08

I was recently at WDW's Pin Traders Shop in Downtown Disney and saw a man and his wife there with a mega amount of pins. Like seriously, they had about 15 pin cases (The full size ones that are about a foot wide and 10 inches long) filled to the brim with pins. It was easily over 3000 pins.

My question is how do people get this many pins? It must be extremely expensive to buy that many pins.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    I was recently at WDW's Pin Traders Shop in Downtown Disney and saw a man and his wife there with a mega amount of pins. Like seriously, they had about 15 pin cases (The full size ones that are about a foot wide and 10 inches long) filled to the brim with pins. It was easily over 3000 pins.

My question is how do people get this many pins? It must be extremely expensive to buy that many pins.
    Whoa yea...you're right about it being expensive. I remember my parents and I practically spending more than the year's savings in 2005 (my first year of pin trading). Have you, DisneyPro, ever been to one of the monthly pin-trading nights at WDW or Disneyland before? If not, you should check it out.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SrcrMkyLvr View Post
    Whoa...I love this topic. Well, I myself have about 650-700 pins (not including the other 500 from my parents collectively). And about 50 of them are sorcerer mickey, but I plan to expand my collection. So you can say that I have a pretty big collection. Oh, and since my parents and I were so into the pin-trading thing in 2005, we were actually one of the few hunderd of people that were let into Disneyland on July 17, 2005 and that waited in the 8hr long line for the "I Was There -- July 17, 2005" pin. Woohoo! Sorry not trading tho.
    I was there as well, i the second group to be led in that morning! Loved the cast members welcoming us home on Main Street, made me cry!
    As for how many pins, too many!! Yet never enough!
    Any day at Disneyland is a Happy Day!!!!

• aka the scorpion eater!

I go for rare ones, so I dont have a lot being that I only trade and buy wisely... I am very picky at buying pins and trading them!

I could say I am up to about 60 to 70 total but a majority of them I will not trade. Usually before my trips I will get a bulk lot of trader pins from Ebay and then trade away around the parks making sure to look for special ones that cater to my goals at pin trading! Pin trading is fun and it turns a day at Disneyland into a scavenger hunt. Not to mention it earns extra points for feeling like you are part of a sidequest in a Final Fantasy/ Kingdom Hearts style Role Playing Game looking for the rarest of the rare and the best finds... not to mention surrendering a pin for something new and giving away something else of yours to win the ultimate find and prize... Hopefully a CM exclusive!

I noticed most people have a thing for certain characters, certain parks, or specific pins in general. For me I go for attractions pins more than anything or anything that has to do with Disney themed attractions in general. I have a lot for DCA and a lot for Disneyland and a few for other places as well... Also its cool to find pins for other parks worldwide that you cant normally find anywhere else.

So when I go to the parks I look first for the limited editions and then look to see if the park is selling them as LE 1000, LE 500, or anything even more rare [which the rarest will probably not be in the parks, actually LE 500 usually isnt either]. Then I always buy a few on the trip and add them to the collection... but for me they better be Attractions themed, Disneyland, Disney Theme park themed, or be a holiday/tribute/or special event themed... and of course I have to have the rainbow mickey mouse head pin... obviously. But with things and money being tight right now I have curbed my pin trading for the moment but the pins are still there displayed in my room, hopefully gaining in Value since a majority are either attractions pins or LE's.

I even have a collection of some sets of the Its a Small World Mary Blair children... If I am not mistaken I have 12 to 16 children total which is 3 to 4 out of the 6 total sets. Those are LE 300 if I am not mistaken.

OMG! I think I just realized I am a pin trading nerd... lol!

• E T1CK3T

I have succeeded! I've now got 175 pins, which brings me 2 tiers up from when I first entered my answer in the poll, and now I'm at the 160+ level!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast