View Poll Results: How would you rate Brave?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Stars

10 15.87%
  • 4 Stars

32 50.79%
  • 3 Stars

17 26.98%
  • 2 Stars

3 4.76%
  • 1 Star

1 1.59%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Infinitized!

Re: 'BRAVE' - MiceChat Reviews

So I finally got around to seeing Brave yesterday. They kinda limited some of the showtimes but last night they had evening shows. I saw it in 3D. Despite some of our members reviews, I really enjoyed it. My only gripe was that it felt like a rehash of Brother Bear, that it really wasn't an original story. Brother Bear with a little Snow White (or other Disney fairytale that has a magic spell). I gave it 4 stars.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    So I finally got around to seeing Brave yesterday. They kinda limited some of the showtimes but last night they had evening shows. I saw it in 3D. Despite some of our members reviews, I really enjoyed it. My only gripe was that it felt like a rehash of Brother Bear, that it really wasn't an original story. Brother Bear with a little Snow White (or other Disney fairytale that has a magic spell). I gave it 4 stars.

Brother Bear being among my least favorite Disney animated films means Brave was that much worse than it should have been. I'm sure I'll grow to ignore the comparisons upon future viewings but I just didn't care to revisit in the theater like I do ALL PREVIOUS Pixar films.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Howdy Pards,

With Brave coming to DVD tomorrow...take a look at the Box Office results so far...

Total Lifetime Grosses
    Domestic: $236,274,000 44.2%
    + Foreign: $298,100,000 55.8%

= Worldwide: $534,374,000

The redhead with a mind of her own has brought in HALF A BILLION DOLLARS so far...and the DVD will be released tomorrow...I'd say Disney is easily gonna make a BILLION DOLLARS off this wonderful Scottish tale. Easily.

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I will be buying that DVD although I wasn't to wow'd by the movie but I buy all Disney movies on DVD so I'm obligated.

• Making my own Mousekteers

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Brother Bear being among my least favorite Disney animated films means Brave was that much worse than it should have been. I'm sure I'll grow to ignore the comparisons upon future viewings but I just didn't care to revisit in the theater like I do ALL PREVIOUS Pixar films.
    That is exactly how I feel. My friends and my husband keep saying "oh, I'm sorry you didn't like it". It's not that I didn't like it. It's that I'm used to LOVING Pixar movies. I usually go see them at least 2 or 3 times in theaters and buy merchandise etc. This movie, I just liked it. I saw it once in theaters and I pre-ordered it mostly because I think my son will enjoy it. I put in my review that it was almost the exact story line of Brother Bear and I didn't hate that movie but it definitely goes in the category of Disney's dark years for me and I am really not used to being able to compare a Pixar story with any other story. I was so excited for this movie and I walked away being just whelmed. Not overwhelmed or under. Just whelmed... which I thought could only happen in Europe.

I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

I liked it...but wish it could of been more...
    For the love of Disney....

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Make note: first pixar movie I didn't rush out and buy first thing in the morning or pre-ordered. I just... don't... have... the... urge.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Make note: first pixar movie I didn't rush out and buy first thing in the morning or pre-ordered. I just... don't... have... the... urge.
    Makes me feel better that I felt exactly this way as well.

• keh!

Exactly how I feel. My tweet earlier today: Not really anxious to buy Brave on Blu-Ray like all other Pixar films. It can wait.

• Disneyland PAP

I picked this up at Target in their exclusive storybook packaging. Missed it in theatres and had heard mostly good things about it from friends. Just finished watching it, and I'm sad to say I didn't enjoyed as much as I'd hoped. It lost me when during the transformation, the tone of the story when whole-hog slapstick. I loved the tone of the everything leading up to that point: light, charming, beautiful, accessible. But I felt the tone of the transformation scene went overboard. I also had the same problem then as I had watching How To Train Your Dragon: I'm just not used to teens having that obviously poor judgment skills. It was tough, but I ended up giving Brave a "3" in the poll.

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Howdy Pards,

Well, I've made no secret of the fact that I loved BRAVE...5 stars all the way in my book

But, did ya know about the BRAVE-HARRY POTTER connection?

Hold on to your hat then...you may not believe this...

Did ya know, for instance, that the voice of Lord Dingwall was provided by none other than Rubeus Hagrid?

Did ya know that the voice of Merida's Mum was provided by Professor Sybil Trelawney?

And, are you ready for this? The voice of the Woodcarver Witch was provided by none other than Molly Weasley!

Who woulda thunk it?

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."

I want to buy the Blue ray combo pack JUST for the Angus horse even though I don't have a blue ray and will not use the blu ray but I love that horse!

Name:  0078693682906_300X300.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  34.4 KB

• Minion

Watched this last night on BluRay. Loved it, with reservations. I DO think they could have done more with the backstory. Bringing out more of that would have made more sense of the witch, the mom becoming a bear, etc.

Here's what I loved about it: Merida is a really great character. One of the posts in this string mentioned that it didn't make sense that she didn't want to get married. It made total sense; she had grown up resenting the "having to do things like a princess" all her life, and now she was about to be married off and have to take on the role full time? Of course she didn't want to do that. It was the ultimate symbolic action representing her entry into being the role instead of the girl/woman she wants to be. In fact, writing that even strengthens for me her conflict with her mother.

I thought the voices were WONDERFUL to listen to. Scottish accents are so cool to listen to and I love that they had I think an entirely Scottish cast doing the voices (almost entirely).

And it's been said here again and again, it was such a beautiful film to look at. Just amazingly beautiful visuals.

An end note (pun intended), I find it so bizarre that some woman on here left the theater because of bare bums in the film. Really? Naked butts hold that much shame? It was a hilarious bit and completely tastefully done. They are in kilts for crying out loud, we already suspect they don't have boxers on underneath, so having them take that material and climb down makes for a great set up of the naked butt joke that follows.

• "Always On The Move..."

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Lover 68 View Post

An end note (pun intended), I find it so bizarre that some woman on here left the theater because of bare bums in the film. Really? Naked butts hold that much shame? It was a hilarious bit and completely tastefully done. They are in kilts for crying out loud, we already suspect they don't have boxers on underneath, so having them take that material and climb down makes for a great set up of the naked butt joke that follows.

That scene was one of my favorite parts of the film. I have a number of friends who wear kilts so to me the "bear bum" scene was hysterical. It was wonderfully done.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345