• Bangarang!

The Good Dinosaur

/film is reporting that The Good Dinosaur has now been 're-imagined' following director Bob Peterson's departure from the project.

And now? Maybe not so much. Collider talked to John Lithgow, who revealed that some big changes have been made:
    I recorded the entire role in Good Dinosaur. They have now dismantled it and completely reimagined it, and it is a fantastic new story. So I’m gonna record again on it within the next month. Don’t worry. It’s coming and it’s gonna be better than I ever imagined.
    They also shared the original plot for the film (that was supposed to be released this November).
    “The Good Dinosaur” asks the generations-old question: What if the cataclysmic asteroid that forever changed life on Earth actually missed the planet completely and giant dinosaurs never became extinct? In theaters May 30, 2014, the film is a humorous and exciting original story about Arlo, a lively 70-foot-tall teenage Apatosaurus with a big heart. After a traumatic event rattles Arlo’s tranquil community, he sets out on a quest to restore peace, gaining an unlikely companion along the way—a young human boy named Spot.
    However its now unclear just how much of this plot remains.

The film is still due to be released in November '15.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Re: The Good Dinosaur

The original premise might have worked, but I also thought a story set in modern times where the dinosaurs work side by side would probably click with people more. The original premise seemed like a tough sell marketing wise. The tranquil peace disturbed by a traumatic event plot point kind of reminds me of the original Land Before Time film.