Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: Disney wants Seaworld, Discovery Cove, and Aquatica?

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    The article seems to point to only the three Seaworld Florida parks being sold to Disney, and 1.5 billion seems way too low for the entire chain.

It's a UK web site, and the price quoted is in British Pounds,
    right now the US$2 equals approximately 1 British Pound
    so you have to double that number, it's actually closer to
    US$3 Billion.

I just did a search for the current exchange rate and it
    looks like they are aniticipating that the US will be rising in
    value over the next few months comparred to the British
    pound, so it might be worthwhile for Disney to hope for a
    few month delay in the sale of those parks.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I doubt that Disney is going to buy them, and if they do, they're not going to hold onto them for very long.

• Happy Memories

Feel free to kick me off this here Disney site for my opinion, but I would NOT like to see Disney obtain any of the Busch parks.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb View Post
    Feel free to kick me off this here Disney site for my opinion, but I would NOT like to see Disney obtain any of the Busch parks.
    I'm with you, Xharry. It's quite possible that this rumor may turn out to be untrue, and AB that will hold on to the parks. Neither desire foreign companies to take over all or part of the Busch parks, nor Disney to become a bigger monopoly than what it already is.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Happy Memories

Dream scenario for me is the Busch family maintaining posession of the parks business seperate from the beer business.

• Freakster

Branding aside, this would be a huge strategic move for Disney. Particularly in Orlando, taking advantage of joint marketing and ticketing programs would be a boost for Disney overall (more of the Orlando revenue in their pockets), a boost for the Busch parks and a huge bite into Universal.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    Not if you're an Anheuser-Busch investor. I'm very pleased with the InBev deal.

I can't see Disney taking over any of the SeaWorld properties. Why compete with yourself for Florida tourist dollars?
    I dunno, it's not like Disney owns any parks like Sea World/Discovery Cove. I mean, Animal Kingdom would be the closest in theme to Busch Gardens Africa, so I can't really see Disney buying that park. Then again, who knows.

The park I'd think Disney would probably be most interested in would be Busch Gardens Europe. It's an area that Disney wanted to get into with Disney's America and that currently has no presence. The park is already very beautiful and I really think Disney could do great things with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    If AB sold the Busch Gardens locations, it seems probable that the Busch name would be removed from those two parks.
    I don't know. Technically, it's named for Adolphus Busch, not the company itself. Adolphus Busch built the first Busch Gardens on his estate in Pasadena, then the company decided to bring back the tradition (and get some money and free publicity) by creating a new Busch Gardens next to the brewery in Van Nuys. So it could go either way.

• Minion

I don't think Disney will buy all the AB parks. Busch Gardens Africa is too similar and close to Animal Kingdom. The Seas with Nemo and Friends might seem a little redundant if Sea World was now included in your WDW Hopper Tickets. I can see Disney being very interested in Busch Gardens Europe and even Sea World San Antonio though, since Disney doesn't have any nearby properties in either of those locations.

• no flash photography...

OMG, NO!!! I can just see disney putting their characters in all the tanks....yuck.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

According to MousePlanet....

… The Blackstone private equity group is reportedly considering buying Busch Entertainment from InBev once the purchase of Anheuser-Busch is completed. Blackstone is co-owner of Universal Orlando (holding 50 percent of the resort), as well as being a major shareholder in Merlin Entertainments Group, which owns Alton Towers, LegoLand, the London Eye and more amusement enterprises.

• Minion

I can picture Blackstone trying to buy the AB parks if they own half of universal. However, if all the major American destination parks are basically owned by two companies (Disney and Blackstone/Universal), that may not be too good for the theme park industry. Let's remember that Cedar Fair bought out all of Paramount's parks a few years ago.

Right now we only have: Disney, AB, Universal, Cedar Fair, and Six Flags as major theme park chains.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    I can't see Disney taking over any of the SeaWorld properties. Why compete with yourself for Florida tourist dollars?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb View Post
    I agree. I just don't see this making any real sense. Disney probably always looks into the feasibility of buying any properties once they are for sale, but I don't see Sea World meshing well with the existing parks. Add all the costs of rebranding, theming, etc., plus the cost of transportation to and from Sea World to your Disney hotel, and in the long run it looks like it would be more trouble than it is worth.

But then again, what do I know about investing?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I agree. I just don't see this making any real sense. Disney probably always looks into the feasibility of buying any properties once they are for sale, but I don't see Sea World meshing well with the existing parks. Add all the costs of rebranding, theming, etc., plus the cost of transportation to and from Sea World to your Disney hotel, and in the long run it looks like it would be more trouble than it is worth.

But then again, what do I know about investing?
    Ecspecially considering that there are rumors that Disney is going to cut down on the transportation around the resort to save gas. The buses from WDW to Sea World would consume a lot of gas.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

I agree with you, yoyo. I just don't see Disney buying any of these parks with the way the economy is now. They need to concentrate on their own parks, not rebuilding other theme parks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast