Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Be careful in this parking lot...

That really sucks, sorry to hear that you were robbed. I hope that nothing in the car is irreplaceable. I hope that the car wasn't damaged either, because that can be pricey, to replace a smashed window or fix a jimmied lock.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

OMG! That blows!! I hope they can get your stuff back
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Home on the range

I am very sorry to hear what happened.Does the parking lot have security cameras?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Time for Sea World to invest in some security cameras.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

So sorry to hear that!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Jonathan, please give us an update if you can. I'm pretty much not going to Sea World anymore until I hear that they've taken proper measures to prevent this from happening again. It's unacceptable.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I'm sorry to hear that Jonathan! As stated above, please keep us updated! I hope things do work out somehow for you!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

What a total drag! I'm so sorry.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

I know first hand how much that can ruin your day. Sorry it happened to you, these things happen when you least expect them and sometimes where least expected too.

It could have been worse though. Last Sept my truck had the passenger window smashed and the few things in there stolen like my ipod w/my good headphones (Shure E4s---I still miss those). I return to where my car was, which was parked in broad day light on a popular street, thinking it had been stolen only to find out that the police had my car towed for "safe keeping". To make things worse I had to pay 200 bucks to get my car back for the tow and storage. They only had it for about an hour!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Jonathan, please give us an update if you can. I'm pretty much not going to Sea World anymore until I hear that they've taken proper measures to prevent this from happening again. It's unacceptable.
    So if that happened at Disneyland would you take the same knee-jerk reaction?
    My Disney Adventure's vlogs!
    www.youtube.com/G74Vlogs

Episode 8: Bella Notte - Paradise Pier at night
    Episode 7: 45 years of hope and laughter
    Episode 6: Service and Sacrifice
    Episode 5: "Destination D Montage"
    Episode 4: "It's a Sklar World"

"I don't know matter, you don't matter
    Neither does this mindless chatter."
    -Pete Townshend

• or CBF

Quote Originally Posted by GapToothed View Post
    Wouldn't you?

I mean, wouldn't you want to go and enjoy your day at whatever theme park, knowing that there's top notch security watching your car?

It's not likely that you're going to go to a park that has known security issues.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by GapToothed View Post

If it happened at Disneyland, it would make National news. If it happened on Disneyland property, they would probably do something about it.

But Disneyland's parking structure at least DOES have security cameras here and there. And I see a bicyclist cruise through often enough. I feel that if someone's car DID get broken into at Disneyland, they would be able to gather SOMEthing.

Not so sure about Gardenwalk though....

And absolutely not sure about Sea World.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Jacob <3 Cotton Candy

Sorry this happened to you Doom BGI. Unfortunately, this is a real big problem at Seaworld. In fact, a local news station here in San Diego did a news piece about this because Cedric the Entertainer was also a victim of this (but at another theme park here in san diego). It is just troubling that this piece was done in August of last year but SeaWorld has made no substantial effort to beef up their parking lot security measures. It is one reason why my husband and I have not renewed our passes.

Animal park, SeaWorld hit by vehicle break-ins | The San Diego Union-Tribune
    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• What do u mean u people?

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    If it happened at Disneyland, it would make National news. If it happened on Disneyland property, they would probably do something about it.
    Not sure about the National news. Cars get broken into all the time. And unless it was a kidnapping or something much bigger than luggage being taken, I doubt you'll see Anderson Cooper making a live report. From what I've read on here and other boards. This sort of thing has happened on more than a few occasion at DL recently. Never see anything about it on the news.

There's always steps to take when parking your car in a public area. Remember first the parks will always have those lovely disclaimers that don't hold them responsible. But other things to keep in mind are having all your gear stowed away when you enter. If you're waiting in line to park and someone is on the laptop and the kids are on video games or dvd players, and someone else in a nearby car sees this who may feel tempted, well there ya go.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Sorry, I've been having computer problems at home... which I have been getting around by using my laptop (but now that it was stolen I'm having to deal with it).

Thanks so much to everyone for the expressions of support and kind thoughts!

I missed the call from SDPD yesterday so I have not had a chance to complete the police report yet. This is really just for record keeping and insurance purposes I'm sure; I don't expect any kind of actual police work to take place. We noticed only one security camera over the front of the lot, too far away to look like it might do any good for where I was parked.

I was "fortunate" in that there was no damage to my car... but what I have been dealing with is the fact that, yes, I may have left my car unlocked. I cannot figure out how they got in, but at the same time I can't imagine (or forgive myself for) not locking the car!? Even so, for this to happen, a premeditated and planned robbery was committed. These were not tourists with "sticky fingers" who happened to pass by an unlocked car. This was a person (or group) who came to SeaWorld with an intent to steal and break into cars.

I have an SUV, so the luggage was "in plain view" albeit behind tinted glass in the back (along with a bunch of other junk). My GPS was on the dashboard... a lesson I apparently did no learn from a similar incident recently. Ironically, I have been getting in to the habit of "putting it away" for overnight parking, I just did not think it was unsafe in this lot for some reason.

The whole thing still bothers me and I can't stop thinking about it. First because I can't believe I may have left the car unlocked, so naturally it is all my fault. It's kind of like the same feeling as falling for a scam or getting conned out of a lot of money: because it seems like it's my own fault makes it so much worse. Second because of the fact that my laptop/computer bag was stolen and not knowing what kind of personal information might be taken from my computer is driving my crazy.

I think this emoticon was invented for me to use in this thread!
    Last edited by DOOM BGI; 05-20-2009 at 10:43 AM.
    --Jonathan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast