A Look At The Last Dolphin Discovery Show!

After a 13 year run, the very popular Dolphin Discovery Show ended this past labor day. The last performance was at 5:45 and by 5:15 the stadium was already packed. The last performance drew lots of Sea World employees, other animal trainers (including Shamu's) and many San Diego residents who are annual pass members. The show got on its way aprox. at 5:30 featuring the lighthouse keeper and his guitar. The lighthouse keeper mention to the crowed that they were in for a very special show since it was the very very very last show of Dolphin Discovery. The crowed never hesitated to to offer a great cheer after hear that in deed it was gonna be the last show. After singing more than the usual 3 songs, the lighthouse keeper brought back a song witch was banned from Dolphin Discovery in the first couple of moths of the show, the song featured lyrics talking about the "3 deadly sins, drinking, smoking, and gambaling". And maybe one of the Climax part of the show, the Soak zone song! After almost 20 years of going to Sea World and enjoying this show, I have never heard this song being sang so loud. Many could not help but to sing to the very catchy "If you are sitting in the first 12 rows, there something you should know, there is a 50 50 bet, you might get a little WET!!!..." As soon as the song ended the theme music kicked in, and the cheers raised to the sky. Once again the lighthouse keeper (who by the way was the original) reminded everyone of being the last show, and reminded everyone about the meaning of the lighthouse as the dolphins make there last surprising entrance! The show went on without a hitch, after Dunken made his last Shark impression, after Corona swam around the pool at high speed, and Dolly made one of her impressive jumps, I could not help think that this was gonna one of the last time I would enjoy this. Every single Dolphin trainer hit the stage with their best friends and the energy was there. The show could not be complete after the randomly chosen family out of the crowed, and unforgatable interaction like the always funny "she feels like a hot dog". Then the always (my favorite) funny moment of the show, when one of the family members falls into the pool. Minute by minute the show came into the last minutes, the lighthouse keeper came to center stage again. This time to say his final thank you, and his gratefulness for the 13 years of support from all the fans of Dolphin Discovery. His last good-bye will forever echo through Discovery cove "we will be back in may 2010, were a new horizon awaits!"

DSC03365.jpg picture by paken_mr_right - Photobucket

They did not hold back on splash time!

Oh No! Dad fell in!

Dad took shadow for a trip
    DSC03378.jpg picture by paken_mr_right - Photobucket

DSC03387.jpg picture by paken_mr_right - Photobucket

DSC03388.jpg picture by paken_mr_right - Photobucket

DSC03389.jpg picture by paken_mr_right - Photobucket
    "Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: A Look At The Last Dolphin Discovery Show!

This was one of my favorite shows, I hope the next one is just is good.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    This was one of my favorite shows, I hope the next one is just is good.
    IT BETTER BE

I never really appreciated this gem of a show until it left. Too bad so sad, I should have watched it more often!

I love it