Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue Horizons

• Functional & Decorative

Re: Blue Horizons

I'm glad the show works for you, but I gotta agree with coopercaseycody on this one. The show does have its moments, but overall, it just doesn't work for me. The grown woman pretending to be a little girl is strange, and the implied message of "women are helpless until a man comes around" is off-putting.

Granted, I only saw it once on opening weekend. I'll see it again sometime and give it another chance.

I'm not trying to push your buttons, I'm not... I really am glad you like the show, and it's always neat to hear when someone is emotionally connected to a show. But based on my last experience, it wasn't the show for me. I would be curious to know how similar (or not) it is to Orlando's version. I have heard good things about theirs.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    I'm glad the show works for you, but I gotta agree with coopercaseycody on this one. The show does have its moments, but overall, it just doesn't work for me. The grown woman pretending to be a little girl is strange, and the implied message of "women are helpless until a man comes around" is off-putting.

Granted, I only saw it once on opening weekend. I'll see it again sometime and give it another chance.

I'm not trying to push your buttons, I'm not... I really am glad you like the show, and it's always neat to hear when someone is emotionally connected to a show. But based on my last experience, it wasn't the show for me. I would be curious to know how similar (or not) it is to Orlando's version. I have heard good things about theirs.
    I think you are thinking about it too much.... he isn't a man. He is Delphus, he is a dolphin the whole time... just as the bird lady is a bird the whole time.... the dolphin fin on his chest is the symbol along with his entire grey suit.

I know it isn't explained, but that is what it is. Again, as a Child I know I dreamed of a Blue Horizon where I would fly and swim... where the water met the sky... which is what she finds in the beautiful finale.

I really want to see it in SD now, the stage is quite a bit different, and less themed. So I am curious, if they took some meaning out of it.
    Last edited by KingEric; 07-31-2010 at 02:23 PM. Reason: corrected a grammar mistake

So, you've only seen the Orlando version? That may explain a lot, because everything you said is not clear in the SD version. The storyline for SD really seems to be: helpless little girl (portrayed by a grown woman in a creepy wetsuit dress) meets man who helps her realize her love of birds (and some random acrobatics and diving for no apparent reason). I'm not kidding, that's what I got out of the storyline. I never understood the man being a dolphin.

Again, I only saw it once on opening weekend, when things were still claimed to be in the "working it out" stage (although the show seemed to go smoothly as far as I could tell). Maybe it's changed since then. I'll definitely have to see it one more time.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    So, you've only seen the Orlando version? That may explain a lot, because everything you said is not clear in the SD version. The storyline for SD really seems to be: helpless little girl (portrayed by a grown woman in a creepy wetsuit dress) meets man who helps her realize her love of birds (and some random acrobatics and diving for no apparent reason). I'm not kidding, that's what I got out of the storyline. I never understood the man being a dolphin.

Again, I only saw it once on opening weekend, when things were still claimed to be in the "working it out" stage (although the show seemed to go smoothly as far as I could tell). Maybe it's changed since then. I'll definitely have to see it one more time.
    Here is name of the songs off of the Blue Horizon's soundtrack

1. Marina's Window and Deilphis' Call to Adventure
    2. Aurora's Dream Flight
    3. Fly, Dive, Frolic
    4. The Storm
    5. Majesty Of The Sea
    6. Into The Blue And Finale

I am super curious about SD's version now.

• Ravenclaw

The music for the show is the same in both parks.
    Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

It makes sense to me, Little Girl, WISHES!, then she sees the Dolphin-Man, does some dolphin stuff, then sees the Bird-Lady, does some bird stuff, then the flying and diving party is cut short by the stormy Characters-That-Are-Neither-Water-Or-Sky-Themed (But Definitely Big Trouble Because They're Wearing Black), then Dolphin-Man meets Bird-Lady (THE SKY MEETS THE SEA! BLUE HORIZONS!), and the girl floats BETWEEN the Blue Horizons. Finale. The End.

I agree, though, as Bird-Lady (Aurora?) has an amazingly birdy costume, Dolphin-Man (Dolphus?) has a basic wetsuit. Would it kill them to give him a flipper or a fin on his back?
    Do do do do do do dodododododo!

-My Electrical Parade Impersonation

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyson 1 View Post
    It makes sense to me, Little Girl, WISHES!, then she sees the Dolphin-Man, does some dolphin stuff, then sees the Bird-Lady, does some bird stuff, then the flying and diving party is cut short by the stormy Characters-That-Are-Neither-Water-Or-Sky-Themed (But Definitely Big Trouble Because They're Wearing Black), then Dolphin-Man meets Bird-Lady (THE SKY MEETS THE SEA! BLUE HORIZONS!), and the girl floats BETWEEN the Blue Horizons. Finale. The End.

I agree, though, as Bird-Lady (Aurora?) has an amazingly birdy costume, Dolphin-Man (Dolphus?) has a basic wetsuit. Would it kill them to give him a flipper or a fin on his back?
    hit it right on the head.

It took me a few viewings before I truly appreciated it, in all honestly. Now I listen to the Blue Horizons soundtrack more often than Fantasmic.

• Banned User

There is only one way to describe Blue Horizins.. CORNY! It's easily the most laughable 25 minutes you will ever spend at Sea World.

TDLFAN's favorite line on "Sea Lions Tonight!" show at Sea World.. Trainer to Seymore the sea lion: "...and speaking of CORN... let's go to Blue Horizons!!!"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    There is only one way to describe Blue Horizins.. CORNY! It's easily the most laughable 25 minutes you will ever spend at Sea World.

TDLFAN's favorite line on "Sea Lions Tonight!" show at Sea World.. Trainer to Seymore the sea lion: "...and speaking of CORN... let's go to Blue Horizons!!!"
    Them are fightin' words TDLFAN! lol

I did love the Sea Lions Tonight take on it, especially their narcissistic dolphin man!

• CAAngelDieHard

Our family went to SeaWorld last week (we have been passholders for over 8 yrs) and saw BlueHorizons. My wife and daughters(19, 16 and 11) liked the show. I agree with others though that it dragged and did not include the dolphins and pilot whales enough but I did enjoy the birds. When we left I was looking for a word to describe it and cheesy is it. Believe is a bit cheesy but includes a lot of animal interaction(well until recently). Hopefully they will ask for feedback and change some aspects of the show though I am glad they did change the show. The SeaLionsTonite parody of BlueHorizons was HILARIOUS!! as was the rest of the show. We LOVE SEAWORLD!!

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

YouTube - Seal Lions Tonight (Blue Horizons)

this is better than Blue horizons. Ive been going to Sea world aover 20yrs , passholder most of that time , and this show ranks up their as the worst ive seen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12