Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue Horizons

Blue Horizons

Hi all

If any of you are nutty enough to visit SeaWorld this weekend, please note that Blue Horizons will be on a very limited show schedule. Wristbands will be required for everyone in your party!! So, come early and stay late for Shamu Rocks, Sea Lions Tonite and Into the Blue fireworks! ;-)
    My Disney Adventure's vlogs!
    www.youtube.com/G74Vlogs

Episode 8: Bella Notte - Paradise Pier at night
    Episode 7: 45 years of hope and laughter
    Episode 6: Service and Sacrifice
    Episode 5: "Destination D Montage"
    Episode 4: "It's a Sklar World"

"I don't know matter, you don't matter
    Neither does this mindless chatter."
    -Pete Townshend

• Ravenclaw

Re: Blue Horizons

They soft-opened the show today, apparently. And I missed it. *&$%#&@!
    Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

• Functional & Decorative

Sea World annual passholders were invited to preview shows on Friday, but made no mention of wristbands or the like. How will they be distributed, and when?
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Ravenclaw

The pass holder event does not require a wristband. The regular shows on Saturday, Sunday and Monday do.

• PERRY SCORES!!!!

I gin to the pass member preview today!!!

We are the corps The Cavaliers,
    There is no corps we fear,
    We march along and sing this song,
    For we know that we never never will go wrong, so
    March onto victory Cavaliers,
    As we march on through the years,
    We march along and sing this song,
    For we are The Cavaliers.

1...2...3... SPLOOIEEEE

I just got back from the AP preview, which I mostly went to for the free cup I'm using right now!

The "Blue Horizons" show was pretty disappointing. If I had to pick 1 word, "cheesy". It was very similar to the Shamu "Believe" show, with really weak story telling, long moments of nothing, etc.

I can see where the effort went in, but these shows seem to be less and less about the animals and more about these humans with "dreams", creating the illusion of a lame rip-off of Disney shows.

I know this show isn't brand new, just to San Diego, but I thought I give my opinion here.

• Functional & Decorative

Yeah, I have to admit, I was disappointed with the show overall, too. I haven't seen the Orlando so, so I have nothing to compare to, but I thought the storyline with the "little girl" (portrayed by a adult woman... in a pink skirt... kinda weird) was awful. It just screams, "female version of the Shamu boy story!" But in that story, the boy at least grows up. Here, the woman/girl does virtually nothing until a dashing man comes by who sweeps her off her feet helps her dreams come true. So, the lesson here is women-are-helpless-until-a-man-comes-around?

The water effects are nice, and the acrobats are fine, and I like the use of birds. But I agree, the animals themselves are very much in the background. It was especially disappointing after hearing so many people say how good the Orlando version was. If it's anything like this, I'm not sure what they're talking about.

That said, I later went to the Sea Lion show, and they already had their parody up. And it was hilarious. It sort of makes having Blue Horizons around worth it just to see it made fun of.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Ravenclaw

the trainers will need more time tightening up the animal segments to include more behaviours, no doubt.

Here are a few pics from the Employee preview a few weeks ago!

Seen overhead earlier in the day!

The set (large movable backdrops are now in the large opening in the center):

www.youtube.com/G74Vlogs

-Pete Townshend

• Triple Goddess

I saw on the SeaWorld website that wristbands will be required for the July 17th shows. Can anyone tell me why? Are they expecting huge crowds on this date? And where and when do you get the writstbands?

Blue Horizons is on a limited performance schedule to ensure high-quality performances. Wristbands are distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis at the front of the park just inside the turnstiles. Everyone in your party must be present to ensure everyone is distributed the same wristband color. Once you get your wristband, you will return at a certain time to a certain section around the perimeter of the stadium to form the show queue line.
    www.youtube.com/G74Vlogs

-Pete Townshend

• Triple Goddess

We went on July 17th. Wristbands were required, but they were distributed right inside the gates. We didn't even have to wait. We walked right up to the table and they asked us how many in our party and we got our wristbands. The stadium, however was packed. Luckily, we were anticipating this and got to our section about a half hour before the show started. We got pretty good seats, but as I said the stadium was packed.

The show was ok. A little too cheesy for me. My daughter made fun of Marina for the rest of the day and did a pretty good imitation of her walk. Her costume was kind of weird, too.

The best part, and will always be the best part of this show are the pilot whales. And they were hardly in it.

My kids loved the show and watching them enjoy it was really all that matters.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I don't understand why everyone thinks it is cheesy. Mind you I have only seen the Orlando version, and I just re-watched it yesterday, and it still makes me incredibly happy, and almost makes me choke up.

I love the music.
    I love the overall theme, of trying to find the Blue Horizon, where the water meets the sky, and one can fly and swim.
    The costumes I thought were a fun way to do something different than the normal wet suits... Since you can't really have anything too extravagant that causes drag when swimming with the animals.

I suggest that all you people who thought it was cheesy you go back, and re-watch without your noses in the air.

• Triple Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    I don't understand why everyone thinks it is cheesy. Mind you I have only seen the Orlando version, and I just re-watched it yesterday, and it still makes me incredibly happy, and almost makes me choke up.

I love the music.
    I love the overall theme, of trying to find the Blue Horizon, where the water meets the sky, and one can fly and swim.
    The costumes I thought were a fun way to do something different than the normal wet suits... Since you can't really have anything too extravagant that causes drag when swimming with the animals.

I suggest that all you people who thought it was cheesy you go back, and re-watch without your noses in the air.
    Ummm. wow?

I'm not sure what watching it with my nose in the air has to do with anything, but...
    I am entitled to my opinion. I was expressing what I thought. I think you need to be careful about the tone of your post, as it seems a little on the negative side.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by coopercaseycody View Post
    Ummm. wow?

I'm not sure what watching it with my nose in the air has to do with anything, but...
    I am entitled to my opinion. I was expressing what I thought. I think you need to be careful about the tone of your post, as it seems a little on the negative side.
    I do apologize for my tone, but when people diss Blue Horizons, I come out swinging. No other theme park show has been able to consistently invoke emotion out of me. I have probably seen it upwards of 50 times. I saw it for the first time in a year a few days ago, and had tears streaming down my cheeks.

le sigh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast