New Sea World Ride: Riptide Rescue

I did NOT expect the ride to be like this o_0

YouTube - Sea World San Diego-RipTide Rescue Testing 5/8/11 part one

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    I did NOT expect the ride to be like this o_0

YouTube - Sea World San Diego-RipTide Rescue Testing 5/8/11 part one
    An off-the-shelf celebration of vomit.

Sea World: try to compete against today's ever-improving, family-oriented Disneyland, and not against Magic Mountain as it was the 90s. And keep eliminating the many extra fees inside your park, as you've done with your chairlift ride.

• The Pumpkin King

Re: New Sea World Ride: Riptide Rescue

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post

Sea World: try to compete against today's ever-improving, family-oriented Disneyland, and not against Magic Mountain as it was the 90s. And keep eliminating the many extra fees inside your park, as you've done with your chairlift ride.
    I thought this ride was gonna be some kind of raft water ride.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I think a good park has a balance of rides, of crazy thrills, small places to explore, simple rides, and some flat rides. SeaWorld is just balancing out their collection of attractions.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    I think a good park has a balance of rides, of crazy thrills, small places to explore, simple rides, and some flat rides. SeaWorld is just balancing out their collection of attractions.
    True.

• Functional & Decorative

Um, they are trying to compete. Lots of kids today expect some kind of ride, or else they're bored. And vomit? Doesn't really seem to be moving all that fast, does it? It's a family friendly ride, no different than Dumbo, and probably even slower than the Astrorbitor. Unless that celebrates vomit for you, too. Besides, it didn't take up any aquarium space, so none of that is lost. So what's the problem?

Off the shelf, maybe, but not a common one. It's currently the only ride like it in California (now that Great America got rid of their Troika years ago). Troikas are similar, but they are not common on the West Coast, and this looks to be even milder than a Troika. The mad mouse at DCA is way more prevalent.

As far as for OP not expecting the ride to be like that, this is not the more anticipated Manta ride. That's a whole separate deal. In case you were getting them confused.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    Um, they are trying to compete. Lots of kids today expect some kind of ride, or else they're bored. And vomit? Doesn't really seem to be moving all that fast, does it? It's a family friendly ride, no different than Dumbo, and probably even slower than the Astrorbitor. Unless that celebrates vomit for you, too. Besides, it didn't take up any aquarium space, so none of that is lost. So what's the problem?

Off the shelf, maybe, but not a common one. It's currently the only ride like it in California (now that Great America got rid of their Troika years ago). Troikas are similar, but they are not common on the West Coast, and this looks to be even milder than a Troika. The mad mouse at DCA is way more prevalent.

As far as for OP not expecting the ride to be like that, this is not the more anticipated Manta ride. That's a whole separate deal. In case you were getting them confused.
    I know that the Manat is a coaster which I cant wait to ride! But since these are little rafts, I was expecting like some other kind of water ride. But no biggy

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

When I filmed it on mothers day a it was interesting reaction from the kids who were watching nearby at shark encounter, they said " looks cool" I cant wait to ride it. I even heard one child whining asking why he couldnt go on it now.. This attraction is designed to complement Turtle Point , experience turtle point and than go on a riptide rescue.. Its going to provide some great views because its right up against the bay. I agree with King Eric Balance is important. For years Sea world San Diego hasnt done much other than infuse Sesame Street into the parks. I am glad they are sticking to the water theme with Turtle Point, Riptide Rescue and next years Manta. I have more construction photos and additional videos listed on this thread for all those to view. http://micechat.com/forums/seaworld/...e-may-8th.html

• Circle of Ancients

At least they are building some new stuff at SWSD.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    That is true

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Amen. They have such limited space, it is probably a challenge to construct new infrastructure within the park. I am glad they found a way to fit Manta in.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by TCadillac View Post
    Amen. They have such limited space, it is probably a challenge to construct new infrastructure within the park. I am glad they found a way to fit Manta in.
    Indeed. I cant wait for Manta!

• will-o-the-whip

Agree 100%. What a waste of money on a boring Spider type spinner. This is not the kind of ride that people expect when they pay the premium ticket price. It just makes the park appear cheaper and trashy.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by indianajack View Post
    Agree 100%. What a waste of money on a boring Spider type spinner. This is not the kind of ride that people expect when they pay the premium ticket price. It just makes the park appear cheaper and trashy.
    I did'nt even expect the ride to be like this. I thought it was going to be some river raft ride.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I'll have to see if the area around it is themed nicely, cause if it is then its a fine ride for kids/teens and better than nothing but only of it the area around it looks nice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast