Trainers getting back in the water with the Killer Whales...

Guess Seaword hasn't learned their lesson.

David Kirby: SeaWorld Putting Orca Trainers Back in the Water

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Trainers getting back in the water with the Killer Whales...

If I may...I'd think the reason if because the show "One Ocean" is just a nothing compared to what they used to have

The incident happened a few times but that's the business there in, and if people are willing to risk there lives what's the difference between this and trick Dirt Bike Rider? Doing something dangerous yet cool in order to entertain?

• C4C6C

Well said Jerrod. We saw the Shamu show last week at San Diego and it was BORING. People take risks in certain jobs. This is one of them. Should we not have fireman enter burning buildings? There is a risk. Should the police not enter a hostile area to save lives? There is a risk. Should we not drive our cars? There is a risk. Every job has a risk.
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

• The Steampunk Dread Baron

About time, One Ocean was rather lackluster compared to the shows I have seen Seaworld put on in Orlando and Ohio.
    The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Maybe we should read the article before commenting? The first paragraph alone points out that this is not for shows.

• C4C6C

But it is expected though that Sea World will get the trainers back into the water for shows. Baby steps. You got to start somewhere. If OSHA (no comment) sees they can be in the water outside a show, they will eventually allow them in for shows.
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Doubtful that trainers will ever be allowed to perform with Orcas again. OSHA is hellbent on banning all activities related to Orca/Human performance activities. In the last 2 decades alone there have been 13 report attacks on humans, 4 of the deadly. I understand why Seaworld wants their trainers back performing because it presents a better quality product for the consumer. Unfortunately for them they will have to come up with something more creative without the trainers in the water. I personally think it's a bad idea for them to perform with the Orcas. They are extremely frustrated in captivity and become bored very easily and are documented to take their frustrations out on other whales in the tanks and the trainers in the water with them. I mean yeah it's fun to see a human being ride a 5,000 lbs whale like a surfboard but is it worth it to risk the lives of your employees in front of a public audience to make a show more interesting. Only my opinion though.