Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: SeaWorld buys KNOTTS SOAK CITY in San Diego to turn into Aquaitca San Diego

Mmmm or proberly not.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

A new video about the construction

Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Doombuggy Rider

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    If the money goes to the right place that would be sweet. BP's Soak City isn't great. I remember going there with my buddies when it first opened because it was a block from my house and you know how hot it can get in Orange County in the summer! /sarcasm

Needless to say it has never been great, as opposed to a few of the other water parks we have around here. If Cedar Fair goes through with removing it's other water parks, that puts more attention on the remaining parks and hopefully some upgrades. Probably not though.

On the flip side I'm glad that BP's Soak City is staying - or should I say not on the chopping block. It has brought a lot of people over to the Independence Hall/Jungle Lagoon area which I feel like most people would pass by if they were just going to Knott's. That tiny area across Beach is one of my favorite places!

I hope the $ does go to the right place(s) explodingboy & if you are signed up with the Knott's Newsletter? Then you would've received news that Cedar Fair has a 5 month long restoration work taking place on the Timber Mountain Log Ride (which will re-open on Memorial Day Weekend) ....

Knott’s Berry Farm’s Historic Timber Mountain Log Ride To Undergo Major Renovation in 2013

Knott's Berry Farm's log ride to undergo overhaul - Los Angeles Times

I've never been to Buena Park's Soak City (could it be any worse then the Water Parks that have come & gone & are coming back again to Las Vegas?); but I do miss the original Lagoon / Independence Hall (a tranquil place & we need more of those in Southern California). I do feel that Bigfoot Rapids deserves some animatronic Sasquatch action (why not get Jack's Links Beef Jerky to sponsor this wet ride & bring on various animatronic Sasquatch experiences) ....

Gas prices keeps going up, the cost to park @ State (& City) Beaches have gone up - what else can you do to escape the heat in So California (lol - try 112 days / 96 nights in Las Vegas, then come tell me its too hot) besides a garden hose? Be thankful that prices @ Knott's have stayed reasonable ($72.00 for a Season Pass is still cheaper then paying just to get into Disneyland, or DCA for one day) ....

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

• Iron-Clad Allie

This is fantastic news! Way to go Sea World! Can't wait to slide down below the water's surface and observe the dolfins!!! The company will likely buy up surrounding property in order to make the park larger. Regardless of the distance between the San Diego mother park and the new Aquatica park, I'm certain that gangbusters of guests will go out of their way to see both....just like they do the zoo and the wildlife park, probably more so.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-27-2013 at 07:01 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    This is fantastic news! Way to go Sea World! Can't wait to slide down below the water's surface and observe the dolfins!!! The company will likely bur up surrounding property in order to make the park larger. Regardless of the distance between the San Diego mother park and the new Aquatica, mother park, I'm certain that gangbusters of guests will go out of their way to see both....just like they do the zoo and the wildlife, probably more so.
    I agree 100% with you on this!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I am really impressed at the speed they are retrofitting this property to become aquatica

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    I am really impressed at the speed they are retrofitting this property to become aquatica
    Sea World has a winning park theme and design, and they know it. With Disneyland Resout and Universal Studios Hollywood bringing investment in new attractions to a whole new level in California, Sea World is following suit...and even raising the bar in it's pwn unique way. What I like most is that Sea World is bringing all kinds of needed and deserves attention to the importance of the Earth's animal life to us!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Ride Warrior do you live close to either of the SeaWorld parks?

• Roller coaster enthusiast

SeaWorld San Diego announces the opening date for Aquatica. Here's the link to the article from the San Diego Business Journal. SeaWorld Plans June Debut for Aquatica in Chula Vista | San Diego Business Journal
    Current coaster count: 166
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Six Flags over Georgia

From the videos that I have seen, it appears that all they are doing are painting the existing slides, adding some new theming, and throwing in some flamingos. This will be the third owner of this water park (it was first White Water Canyon with a western theme, then Knotts Soak City). I hope they eventually add something new because with the way it is so far, I don't see it being that different. Hope I'm wrong though! I grew up in that area and still live close by.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by krpink View Post
    From the videos that I have seen, it appears that all they are doing are painting the existing slides, adding some new theming, and throwing in some flamingos. This will be the third owner of this water park (it was first White Water Canyon with a western theme, then Knotts Soak City). I hope they eventually add something new because with the way it is so far, I don't see it being that different. Hope I'm wrong though! I grew up in that area and still live close by.
    A lot of what makes Aquatica special are not the water slides. What makes Aquatica special is the service and experience you get while at a water park.

Here in Orlando, you have Cabanas you can rent, and you have people who will come and bring you drinks and food to your Cabanas. You alsoe have an all day Dining pass where you get a wrist band, and you just walk in grab a snack and walk out.

Aquatica is about the experience as a whole vs. just another water park day.

I am confident that if they don't add any new rides by June 1st that there are some plans down the road to add some more attractions.

• New Member Goes Forth

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    A lot of what makes Aquatica special are not the water slides. What makes Aquatica special is the service and experience you get while at a water park.

Here in Orlando, you have Cabanas you can rent, and you have people who will come and bring you drinks and food to your Cabanas. You alsoe have an all day Dining pass where you get a wrist band, and you just walk in grab a snack and walk out.

Aquatica is about the experience as a whole vs. just another water park day.

I am confident that if they don't add any new rides by June 1st that there are some plans down the road to add some more attractions.
    It looks like Sea World are the underdog, and they are trying to rival Disney and Universal.
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

They should call it RideWarrior's Dolfin Resout

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12