• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Madagascar LIVE coming to SeaWorld San Diego and potentially other SeaWorld Parks

SeaWorld Parks and Resorts announced that Madagascar LIVE was coming to SeaWorld San Diego

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment today announced it will premiere “Madagascar Live! Operation: Vacation,” an original live musical show featuring the characters from DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: DWA) beloved Madagascar franchise, at two of the company’s parks this summer.Celebrating the box office success of Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted, which has grossed more than $740 million at the worldwide box office, Alex the Lion and friends will party while on vacation with guests at Busch Gardens Tampa and SeaWorld throughout 2013.
    The 20-minute musical show follows the antics of Alex the Lion, Gloria the Hippo, King Julien, Mort and the Penguins during a vacation adventure. The show will feature rock/pop music performed by a live band and include both classic and original songs. The characters also will conduct meet and greets with park guests. Additionally, special co-branded merchandise exclusive to the parks, will be available.
    These two locations will be the only theme parks in the U.S. where fans can see the characters ofMadagascar live. The new show “Madagascar Live! Operation: Vacation” premieres in the following locations:

The company also has the opportunity to expand the show to other parks in the SeaWorld family in the future. Madagascar is one of the most successful CG animated movie franchises of all time, grossing more than $1.8 billion at the worldwide box office. In 2012 “Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted,” grossed over $740 million at the global box office, becoming the highest grossing film of the series.
    Busch Gardens Tampa Launches “Madagascar Live! Operation: Vacation” | Busch Gardens Tampa

From the sound of the text it seems that the Madagascar Characters (which left Universal Orlando) will be calling the SeaWorld Parks and Resort home!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• HYDRA

Re: Madagascar LIVE coming to SeaWorld San Diego and potentially other SeaWorld Parks

when i first saw this i was thinking that they are universal rights
    i wonder what its going to replace at the 2 parks
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Madagascar LIVE coming to SeaWorld San Diego and potentially other SeaWorld Parks

Well Universal Orlando only had them in a meet and greet location near Kidzone which they got rid of over a year ago.

I had been wondering where they went, and now we know... they went to Busch Gardens lol

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I will miss this show by a few months in SeaWorld S.D. I'll have to come back to catch it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Even though this is going into Busch Gardens in Tampa I want to see it in Orlando too

• Iron-Clad Allie

Terrific! Madagascar will be a perfect new show. Can't wait!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I am curious of what the end product will look like for this show!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Also if anyone is at SeaWorld San Diego, San Antonio or Orlando please call the Unofficial SeaWorld Podcast with your live trip report

(530) 289-6722

• New Member Goes Forth

That sounds good, can't wait to see the show
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Roller coaster enthusiast

I can tell you that the new Madagascar show at BGT will be going into the old open air Stanleyville Theater. They're enclosing the theater and adding airconditioning. I also hope they're adding comfortable seats as the wooden, bench style seats weren't that comfortable.
    Current coaster count: 155
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Fun Spot America

I Can't wait!
    For the love of Disney....