Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• I Hug My Tapirs

Re: Sea World : is "Believe" open yet?

I may get around to it eventually, but my parents are coming to town this week (actually gonna go see Cirque while I wait for their plane to get in ) so it may be a bit before I can get around to more than photos.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• I Hug My Tapirs

I saw Believe yesterday... kinda cool, but I'm not overly impressed by it. It was better than the butchered Shamu Adventure show that we've had the last few years, but I didn't think it was as good as the original form of the Shamu Adventure. I wrote a full review of it in my LiveJournal, but suffice it to say, it felt like a pretty generic Shamu show to me.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Banned User

San Antonio's Sea World was the first park to debut "Believe" and it's already showing regularly in Orlando as well... There are billboards all over the place advertizing it.

I quite liked Believe! The audience I watched it with applauded several times throughout. The testimonial is quite affecting as well.

FYI, tomorrow morning are the opening ceremonies for the show. The stadium will open at 10 and will feature ushered seating for a picture taking opportunity from the Skytower. Every seat will have a card which will make a giant picture when seen from the air. Guests will receive this photo after 3pm that day. In addition, all guests will receive a program, a poncho and their card. The show is slated for 11 I believe. Hope to see ya there!
    My Disney Adventure's vlogs!
    www.youtube.com/G74Vlogs

Episode 8: Bella Notte - Paradise Pier at night
    Episode 7: 45 years of hope and laughter
    Episode 6: Service and Sacrifice
    Episode 5: "Destination D Montage"
    Episode 4: "It's a Sklar World"

"I don't know matter, you don't matter
    Neither does this mindless chatter."
    -Pete Townshend

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I have to say on a side note I saw photos of the 3 new kiddie rides today...the coaster looks fine, and so does the whirl ride...but the tea cups... I have to wonder what were they thinking? SeaWorld Orlando is not a small attendance park...yet they put in this TeaCup ride with six little cups. Wow.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    I have to say on a side note I saw photos of the 3 new kiddie rides today...the coaster looks fine, and so does the whirl ride...but the tea cups... I have to wonder what were they thinking? SeaWorld Orlando is not a small attendance park...yet they put in this TeaCup ride with six little cups. Wow.
    it's a kiddy ride... they are working on stuff.. like the rumors for the 07/08 ride... a clone sadly.. but it's Hyper...

no video from Sandiego or san antonio yet??

• I Hug My Tapirs

Was back at the park today, as my parents arrived in town and wanted to see the park. I was glad to see yesterday's video issues resolved. I was, however, sad to see that they didn't do the segment where they got all the kids up at the glass waving at the whales and getting splashed. I thought that was a cute way to get the audience involved. But the reaction from my parents, who aren't park regulars? They thought it was sort of a snoozer - too much talking and video, not enough whales.

Personally, I like that the trainers tell their story, because it adds a personal touch. But I really think they need to tighten up their stories - they kind of drag on a bit too long, to the point where I get bored.

However, all was put right in the world when I got to see Cirque and old friends for real today. Not that I've missed that show or anything.

• Banned User

People agree with me.. To much trainer, not enough whale..

Yet, I am still searching for video.. Lol
    (I got the orlando version hosted at ftn..)

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    it's a kiddy ride... they are working on stuff.. like the rumors for the 07/08 ride... a clone sadly.. but it's Hyper...

no video from Sandiego or san antonio yet??
    Oh I know its a kiddie ride and I don't have a problem with that but traveling carnivals have more PPH teacups than that. It suprised me because SeaWorld is a major attendance player.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    People agree with me.. To much trainer, not enough whale..

Yet, I am still searching for video.. Lol
    (I got the orlando version hosted at ftn..)
    Let's face it... this should not surprise anyone. Shamu shows have always been kinda boring. They like to highlight the fact that these are killer whales and can eat a trainer at any given time. Then all that educational stuff gets in the way...which would be fine if it was presented in a more entertaining intereactive way with the audience.. But that's just me. Why would anyone "Believe" it would be any different than the past with thisnew show??? But gotta say... their promotional dept is doing an excellent job of selling this turkey. Me? I much rather ride the Shame Express with the kiddies over and over again.

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Let's face it... this should not surprise anyone. Shamu shows have always been kinda boring. They like to highlight the fact that these are killer whales and can eat a trainer at any given time. Then all that educational stuff gets in the way...which would be fine if it was presented in a more entertaining intereactive way with the audience.. But that's just me. Why would anyone "Believe" it would be any different than the past with thisnew show??? But gotta say... their promotional dept is doing an excellent job of selling this turkey. Me? I much rather ride the Shame Express with the kiddies over and over again.
    Too true - I guess I didn't mind it as much when it was Shamu Adventure because at least the videos were teaching you something. I am of the opinion that these shows MUST be eduational - otherwise these animals are just monkeys trained for our amusement, which is disgusting. They're ambassadors, to teach us about their species and how to protect others of their kind. Now, education doesn't HAVE to be boring. In fact, some aquariums have made great, entertaining educational shows without a SeaWorld budget (the National Aquarium in Baltimore had a really good one, I believe). Unfortunately, I think the creative team at SeaWorld has lost sight of that. Maybe it's time for some new blood in there, instead - although, being a former SeaWorld Entertainment employee myself, I sadly don't see that happening any time soon.

• Banned User

say.. how are the new rides?? fun? I was there but they were doing finishing touches on the area...

• Disney boy at heart ;)

Believe rocks!!! so much better than the shamu adventure....and as far as not enough whale time are you kidding!!!! the whales are out there far more than before, with lots more behaviors...now im not gonna lie the show is a little corny, but hey im a little biased cuz i work there.....oh and on a side note the pre show was wrong as far as killer whale coloration goes....kiler whales don't have countershading, they have a disruptive coloration which is completely different....me and my fellow education department co-workers where shocked that they messed that one up!!!! but yeah so far I have only been hearing positive remarks from guests at the parks

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Lisa and I had a chance to see the show twice on Saturday, and we are both very impressed. Sat by a couple of the head trainers watching the show.

I have seen EVERY version of the Shamu show that has been offered for almost 40 years, including 3 different venues. This one was great, most of the "education" is now part of the Pre-show.

The one thing we both weren't 100% happy with... the chanting of "Shamu, Shamu", seemed a bit lame and too long.

Planning to watch it again on June 11th.

Photos are starting to be uploaded, and some short video clips from Lisa will be on YouTube soon.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Banned User

About your avatar Chocolito.... Get out of the garden!!! You're stepping on the flowers!!! Not nice.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast