SeaWorld/San Diego questions

hey everyone

I'm planning on buying some citypasses this year and taking my g/f to the different parks in California

first off a few non themepark questions

I was wondering if it's a better deal to buy the passes right at the gate or online?

and then the bigger question is does anyone know of a good RV camping ground that's close to both Sea World and San Diego Zoo that would be easy enough for a non Californain like me to find

now it's been a while since I was at seaworld and I was wondering

do some shows change from daytime and nightime?

and if there are any recommendations for more overlooked things that Seaworld has to do

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: SeaWorld/San Diego questions

The best deal on the SoCal CityPass is at Costco, or Costco.com, $175 for adults, $25 off the regular price.

As for SeaWorld, if you are 21 or older, make sure and head over to the Barn area, let alone do you get to see the wonderful Clydesdales, you can get a LOT of free stuff.

My favorite is the Brewmaster's Club, where you get 4 or 5 small beer samples, along with free Cheese, Crackers, Strawberries and Ghirardelli Chocolate. Plus you can get free Beer samples at the main tasting area, plus a secondary area where they explain the "fresh" date. Then there is also Beer School. All Free, and free samples!

SeaWorld is usually a day park (typical hours 10 to 6), during the summer that have "Summer Nights", in which they bring in additional entertainment (music and gymnastics) and keep the park open till about 11 PM, they also offer fireworks on the late closing nights.

SeaWorld has in the past had different shows in the evening, though the two main shows (Shamu and the Sea Lion and Seal show) are getting new daytime shows this year, so they might not offer different shows after dark....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    SeaWorld has in the past had different shows in the evening, though the two main shows (Shamu and the Sea Lion and Seal show) are getting new daytime shows this year, so they might not offer different shows after dark....
    SWO added newer stuff for the nighttime show... So i would guess San Diego got the same lasers and such added to their stadium...

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries

An RV park that is close by is called campland by the bay. It is across the bay from Sea World and is close to the zoo.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• FastPass n00b

The RV park is right next to Mission Bay, the bay that part of Sea World actually sits in. It's right off the I-5, I mean it's literally a stone's throw away from it. I think you take off on Clairmont and it's right there, but I'm not sure of the exact exit.

San Diego has 2 bays: Mission Bay (where Sea World is) and San Diego Bay (where dowtown San Diego is) so be sure not to get mixed up. Don't forget to visit San Diego Bay because that is one FUN place. Seaport Village, the Gaslamp District, Old Town, Balboa Park (which contains the San Diego Zoo) and PETCO Park are all within that area. Be sure to check out all that San Diego has to offer because it is SOOOO much more than just the Zoo and Sea World.

• Banned User

Noticed that Universal is selling the CityPass online for $179 and no shipping charge if you do an electronic ticket.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fes2
    Noticed that Universal is selling the CityPass online for $179 and no shipping charge if you do an electronic ticket.
    ^One Drawback, USH must be your first park visited, you won't get the vouchers for the other parks until going to USH.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

hey thanks for all the info everyone

now I'm pretty much down to trying to map out directions for everything

the RV park sounds great for being both scenic and convienent for me to get in the RV since I hate going on small roads in California traffic

I may or may not take some of Athlonacon's advice with San Diego since we could do some of that stuff to fill up non themepark time

I'm ordering the ticket the way Darkbeer has recommended

I thought about doing the USH thing but my g/f wants to start off on the zoos first and the zoo fits in more with my plans to ease her into the theme parks more since she's never visited a theme park before

at this point I'm just looking at getting directions to everything

planned order of park visits shall be Zoo-Seaworld-USH-DLR

this trip will be my first time visiting USH btw

• Banned User

Mission B.C. Canada!!!!!!!! Off to California!!!!!!!!!

What is better Sea World or Disneyland? I have to make up my mind I have free passes to Sea world and the San Deigo zoo and disneyland all on the same day!!!!!

From Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    and then the bigger question is does anyone know of a good RV camping ground that's close to both Sea World and San Diego Zoo that would be easy enough for a non Californain like me to find
    I think there is a place called Campland on the Bay and is across the bay from Sea World and less than 15 minutes from Balboa Park (either by freeway or surface streets)

And there us a KOA campsite off the 54 (South Bay free way) off the 5 which is about 30 minutes from Sea World and 20 from the Zoo