Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• What have I done?

Sea World... Journey to what?

As part of my San Diego weekend along with Comic-Con, I had the chance to go to Sea World. Let me just say that I had a GREAT time! From shows to the rides everything was great! One disppointment though would be the Journey To Atlantis ride. Which I was mostly looking forward to yet I feel let down. I dont know if it was due to the speakers or the screamiong passengers but I had no idea what the story is or was. Any help on that?

I highly recommend the Cirque de la Mer show! But I guess it had been there for a few years.

I will try and post photos when I can.

"This guy!"

• love my friends

Re: Sea World... Journey to what?

I havent been to sea world in over a year.. I want to ride that ride.. it doesnt seem to scarey though........ so you didnt like it at all?? I honestly dont know what the story line is

Friends for life

Everytime I drive through Mission Bay or just on the freeway I can see that hideous metal heep. I haven't been to SeaWorld in awhile, the photos, views, and outlook make it look sloppy and underthemed. Shipwreck Rapids the previous attraction built before JtA was very well themed and was a major under taking, but the Atlantis thing was a whole work of nonsense, some bureacratic as SeaWorld has a height limit on attractions (partly because of the airport, partly because of the community) and Atlantis was a test on everybody. There doesn't seem to be much theme and almost seems like a "mountain" attraction minus the mountain and solely the track.

• Circle of Ancients

We have ridden JTA at least 10 times and we are still trying to figure out the story. Okay, so you go down a coaster portion of track and splash down and THAT saves Atlantis???

• Banned User

I thought you were told by this man to follow this sea horse thing.. and it takes you to Atlantis.. but a sea witch curses you for being a mortal and seeing Atlantis... and when you splash down you thought you survived.. but then she gets you again on the coaster portion but you survive.. for now..

well.. that is SWO's at least...

• What have I done?

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    I thought you were told by this man to follow this sea horse thing.. and it takes you to Atlantis.. but a sea witch curses you for being a mortal and seeing Atlantis... and when you splash down you thought you survived.. but then she gets you again on the coaster portion but you survive.. for now..

well.. that is SWO's at least...
    Hmm well that sounds about right but I didnt hear any of that. What I go twas I spalshed down and I heard "well done!" My friend and I thought the ride was over but then we went into this tunnel with very weak projections of Dolphins or Whales breaking out? I dunno. The ride does seem sloppily put together.

"This guy!"

• Why do you keep talking?

Thank you man-beast known as Donna Frye and the rest of her Cult hippie friends.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Theme Park Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Hector
    Thank you man-beast known as Donna Frye and the rest of her Cult hippie friends.
    Thank you, I could not have said it better myself.
    themeparks.demonbird.com - pictures and reports of Disney and non Disney parks form across North America.
    Knott's Berry Farm - Spring Flowers - Snoopy's Spring Safari - Sierra Sidewinder

• Neep meep beep

I haven't been to Sea World in years, but we're going in two weeks. Sounds like a lot has changed since I was last there 10 years ago. Rides? At Sea World?

• I Hug My Tapirs

I've been going on JTA since the employee previews, and I still don't understand the plot. Myself and my co-workers went around several times during the preview specifically trying to hear the story, and we never figured it out. A friend who worked at JTA said it has something to do with Atlantis pissing off a higher power by destroying the planet, and the dolphins trying to warn us not to make the same mistake. But even she didn't really know.

Glad you loved Cirque so much!! I worked crew for that show last summer and it was SO much fun! I really miss it.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• no flash photography...

I don't kow what the story is, but ti has got to be the shortest ride ever....it was a let down...

• madaboutdisney

Ah! seaworld i love it there. i'm sad my funcard expired =(.
    Yeah the story to journey to atlantis..i don't think anyone knows what it is. When i ride it, i usually here some lady with a mystical voice spouting out words i can barely hear or understand. lol

people are deffinatly too noisy around this ride but I feel the ride was altogether a dissapointment in theming

I still perfer Shipwreck rapids as far as a themed ride goes at Seaworld

anywho from what I understood the story was something along the lines of the Atlantians being at one with the ocean for a time but eventualy they began to abuse the ocean and ther arrogence upset a higher power which sunk atlantis into the ocean

the first drop is supposed to be a test of our courage to see if we are worthy and can face the coming trials ahead

then we are told that if we can communicate with the dolphins then we have proved our worthyness to become one with the ocean (I remeber this part clearly) we then of course go up the elevator were we succeed ad communication then we go down the coaster half and are congradulated for saving atlantis

the theming is weak there really should be some darkride parts

I mean as a coaster it fails for being way to short and lacking much variety in it's twists and turns and as a themed attraction it fails because hardly any of it's theming really gives you a clue to it's plot and it is just plainly half themed all over

from the front though it does look nice with the big sign the vehicals moving and the que is very well decorated

• What have I done?

Thanks for that J-Spider I totally agree with your thoughts! anyways here is a link to my pics hope you all enjoy!

http://photo.walgreens.com/share/p=8...=SYE/otsi=SALB

"This guy!"

• Sector Two Droid Repair

I remember you guys saying the JTA was going to be real competion for the TOT since it was going to be so incredible. I guess you were wrong. This ride sole purpose is to make you as wet as possible. I remember going down a long flat area where they aimed water spitters at you for about sixty yards. Then you go up and down and get wet. Then up the elevator go around and down the big drop. Game over. What happen to fire effects and the inside dark ride portion? The whole thing was mostly outside.
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast