Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Sea World trip San Diego 6/27

Here's few pictures from our most recent trip...
    The Dolphin Show was pretty cool, it started off with an entertainer who sang one of John Denver's tunes. He wasn't bad either. He did a great job getting the crowd pumped up before the show.

It turned out this tall guy was actually part of the show.

I would not want to be in the Splash zone, it was actually quite cool that day, especially later that evening.

1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Senior Minion

Re: Sea World trip 6/27

This ride shows that no one leaves without being wet at least once. No part of it will leave you dry.

There are probably as many Nemo clown fish in this tank as there are Nemo threads on MiceChat.

Rumor has it John Lasseter lost one of his shirts here..

Cirque de la Mer stage I will have video later..

One thing that amazed me is how clean the park was and how well taken care the gardens were.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• This space for rent

Thanks for the photos and descriptions. I love me some Sea World, reguardless of it's location.

• Senior Minion

Inside the Clydesdale barn...

Dynamo the donkey

I have video of "Shamu Rocks!" that I will post later. Shamu and the other whales seemed restless as they weren't cooperating with the trainers when we saw it. There were a lot of dead spots in the show.So most of it was was on the moving video screen above the trainers and stage. One of the gates for releasing the whales wouldn't close so that left a few troubled glitches for the trainers.

The END!!! for now.

• Senior Minion

Re: Sea World trip San Diego 6/27

Quote Originally Posted by Baghira View Post
    Thanks for the photos and descriptions. I love me some Sea World, reguardless of it's location.
    Thanks for the reminder. I changed it. The videos I have should be up soon.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

God I miss Sea World!!!!!!
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Nice TR. Love the pics. Looking forward to the vids!
    Great avatar, too! What a cutie!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Sector Two Droid Repair

I've got to say, Sea World San Diego is a fantastic place. It's very well kept and the theming is Disney quality on most of the rides. (except Atlantis) My family had a great time there last week. The two zoos are also incredible. I kept saying that I wish DAK was more like the San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal park. There is lots of animals and well themed trails. That was something I hated about DAK. You would walk forever to see one animal exhibit with no inpark transportation. Very clean and friendly places.
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Wow! I haven't been to Sea World since my daughter was in 5th grade (and she's 25 now). But I just ordered tickets and we'll be going sometime between now and March!!! Seeing those pictures I can't wait!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Minion

Did you like the Cirque show? I saw it a few years ago (when Atlantis opened) and I didn't care for it very much. I love the dolphin show! And the Shipwreck Rapids is my favorite area.
    I want my cake back!

• Sector Two Droid Repair

Personally I like the Cirque-type show. I like the costumes and the clowns. I love the polar bear exhibit and ride. It's very disney feeling. Now if Star Tours had a exit area where you end up on some planet, I'd be very happy.
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

• What have I done?

WOW I miss Sea World I was just there 5 months ago too. Next time do the Breakfast with Shamu... SOOOOO worth it!

"This guy!"

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Nice TR. Love the pics. Looking forward to the vids!
    Great avatar, too! What a cutie!
    Oh I have more pictures of our wonderful baby.

Quote Originally Posted by phruby View Post
    Personally I like the Cirque-type show. I like the costumes and the clowns. I love the polar bear exhibit and ride. It's very disney feeling. Now if Star Tours had a exit area where you end up on some planet, I'd be very happy.
    Me too. The video I have is of most of the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinKing! View Post
    WOW I miss Sea World I was just there 5 months ago too. Next time do the Breakfast with Shamu... SOOOOO worth it!
    We didn't get there until late afternoon. It was still more than enough time to enjoy this park.

• Hillary scares me.

Oh god I HATE SeaWorld! But I'd rather have that and the $11.6 million they pay the city every year for their lease payment than just more parkland on Mission Bay. Still, I hope the city slaps more requirements on what types of attractions SeaWorld can have. We don't need another Atlantis scarring the skyline.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisaaron View Post
    Oh god I HATE SeaWorld! But I'd rather have that and the $11.6 million they pay the city every year for their lease payment than just more parkland on Mission Bay. Still, I hope the city slaps more requirements on what types of attractions SeaWorld can have. We don't need another Atlantis scarring the skyline.
    Its people like you that make Sea World what it is today...... a park with very little rides. If San Diego would ease up on them they could build some spectacular rides. Have you seen the plans they had for JTA before San Diego told them they couldn't build it? It was amazing. An all those people who live on the hills facing Mission Bay need to stop complaining too. They own the land their on. Not the view

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast