SeaWorld SD Questions

We were thinking of going to SD for Thanksgiving and spending a day in Seaworld.

A couple of questions:

How busy should it be? (We usually only go to DL in California so if you can put it in those terms that would be great!)

Is JTA very scary/hard on people with motion sickness? It looks awesome but hard to tell the thrill factor from the website

Any advice on planning the day out? Like what not to miss, tips on making the most of the day, etc?

Anywhere we can find the show schedules?

Thanks so much!!

• no flash photography...

Re: SeaWorld SD Questions

JTA is not scary and it didn't cause motion sickness. It's a very short ride. If you get to shows early you can get good seats. I used to just plan my day by the show schedules. On my last trip we had the platinum passes and we could reserver our sets for all the shows we wanted to see.

Thanks for the help!

What are platinum passes - like aps or tickets?

Anyone else have any more input?

^Platinum pass is an AP, they get special sections at shows roped off for them.

• Ravenclaw

Quote Originally Posted by angeladlr View Post
    We were thinking of going to SD for Thanksgiving and spending a day in Seaworld.

A couple of questions:

How busy should it be? (We usually only go to DL in California so if you can put it in those terms that would be great!)

Is JTA very scary/hard on people with motion sickness? It looks awesome but hard to tell the thrill factor from the website

Any advice on planning the day out? Like what not to miss, tips on making the most of the day, etc?

Anywhere we can find the show schedules?

Thanks so much!!
    The busiest day usually is Saturday, but during the 'off-season' (not that we really have one anymore) it shouldn't be anywhere near summer levels. You'll be fine, for the most part. The longest line of the day shouldn't be any more than 20 minutes tops.

JTA is pretty good, for what it is. It's not a real thriller of a ride but it is very nicely themed. Persons with motion sickness shouldn't have a problem, however!

Eat right before shows let out. Most shows are in the 22-25 minute range, so plan your meals accordingly. If you plan to eat right after a show expect a bit of a wait as most restaurants are buffeteria style and are located close to show exits.

If it's open, Mango Joe's is my number one pick for meals in the park, followed by Calypso Bay Smokehouse and Mama Stella's. Shipwreck Reef Cafe has some nice entrees and the Hospitality deli has fantastic sandwiches!

Don't forget to sign up for a Brewmaster's Session, if you are so inclined. They show you how food pairs with beer in a free tasting session.

I love the animal exhibits in my park! Don't miss the sea otters, sharks, killer whales, dolphins, and penguins!

The Aquarium de la Mer has some of the coolest animals in my park. For example, the most deadly fish in the world, the stone fish. The cuttlefish and octopus are some of my favourites.

Make a reservation for Dine with Shamu to get up-close and personal with trainers and their whales

enjoy!
    --nick--
    Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

It's very tough, especially with the shorter off-season hours, to see everything in one day. One thing that has really worked well for us is to plan two days at SW- one day to see the shows, another to view exhibits, walk around, ride the rides, etc.

The first day we focus only on the shows. If we can catch an exhibit or feed the dolphins sometime between the shows, fine. The second day we plan against the shows- we eat during Shamu, ride the rides during peak show times when the lines drop down. It works really good that way.

Thanks for all the advice!!