• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

General Electric Considers Buying Sea World Orlando

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: General Electric Considers Buying Sea World Orlando

Interesting.... and is only Sea World Orlando on sale or both Sea World parks? It wouldn't make much sense buy just one would it?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Interesting.... and is only Sea World Orlando on sale or both Sea World parks? It wouldn't make much sense buy just one would it?
    All three Sea World Parks and Both Busch Gardens parks are up for sale. I would think that they would prefer to sell the Sea World parks to a single buyer as a first choice. The Busch parks could easily be split up and sold to the highest bidder.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    All three Sea World Parks and Both Busch Gardens parks are up for sale. I would think that they would prefer to sell the Sea World parks to a single buyer as a first choice. The Busch parks could easily be split up and sold to the highest bidder.

Okay thanks for that explanation. I guess the subject of the thread threw me off into confusion.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• All-American

This is just a little alarming to me as a Disney fan... with Universal running the Studios, Islands of Adventure, SeaWorld, Discovery Cove, and two water parks... they'll have a complex in Florida on the scale of WDW! Disney could have some competition...

I sorta wish Disney would have some guts and buy the parks... then they could convert the larger park into DisneySea and also finally have that luxurious niche park they always wanted.

Universal/SeaWorld consolidation on the horizon? With Orlando pushing for a light rail system, it's not too hard to imagine the properties being connected in the near future if that's the case.

EDIT: I've seen several sources report that Blackstone, which owns the other half of Universal Orlando, is also bidding for the Busch parks. The plot thickens.
    Last edited by JtnOrl; 04-29-2009 at 08:07 AM.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

Keep in mind, whenever a property like this has even a hint of going on the market- ALL of the major players sign on as "interested parties" - even if they don't intend to make a purchase, it's a great way to get data and see just where a competitor really stands. Disney, Universal, Merlin Entertainment all show up for this kind of thing.
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    This is just a little alarming to me as a Disney fan... with Universal running the Studios, Islands of Adventure, SeaWorld, Discovery Cove, and two water parks... they'll have a complex in Florida on the scale of WDW! Disney could have some competition...

I sorta wish Disney would have some guts and buy the parks... then they could convert the larger park into DisneySea and also finally have that luxurious niche park they always wanted.
    why would that scare you? If there were competition WDW might actually fix things and give everyone better deals as consumers. As it stands most of the new perks they provide are just to further suppress/dominate the market that they already have too much control over.

I'd like to s33 another WDW sized complex actually brawl it out with Disney it'd be a good thing for the consumer.

In your scenario DIsney would by out everything and prices would go insane and quality would turn lower then vomit. It's already obvious that Disney is mostly unmotivated to try hard in the florida market.