• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Sea World in Flordia

I will be going to Flordia in August. Should i go to Seaworld? Is it worth it? I went on the web site and notice that there are 3 or 4 different parks. Are these parks near each other?

Any suggestions would be great!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: Sea World in Flordia

I think so, yes. If you like animals with a few really good rides thrown in. Add the new manta coaster and a day trip is totally worth it. IMHO

Orlando is the mecca of theme parks and attractions. Outside WDW you have Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Sea World, Aquatica, Kennedy Space Center, Cypress Gardens, Busch Gardens, the list goes on for attractions.

All of these are within a 15 miles radius of each other, save KSC and Busch Gardens which is about an hour East and West.

My family absolutely loves the Arctic Exhibit and feeding the dolphins.

I have some pics if you'd like to get a better idea.

FL - Sea World - 04/19/09 pictures from amusement parks photos on webshots

FL - Sea World - 05/03/08 pictures from amusement parks photos on webshots

FL - Sea World - 03/23/08 pictures from amusement parks photos on webshots

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Sea World in Orlando is every bit on par with the Disney park, however, the product is different enough that you will be pleasantly surprised. It is organized by the Busch Gardens group that also runs two parks over in Tampa, about an hour away.

There's Sea World--the main park.

Discovery Cove--a small, dolphin interaction. They only let about 2000 people a day. It is very expensive and reservations only.

Adventure Island (Tampa) is their water park.

Busch Gardens-Africa (Tampa) is their general amusement park with some intense rollercoasters, animal interactions and great shows. Understand, rumor is that Disney's Animal Kingdom is thought to be the direct competition to this park.

I have, in the past, just made a sortie over to the main Sea World park when I had my fill of the Disney parks (like that really happens..once and a while!)

I hope that helps! Sea World has rides, to be sure, and they are quite good. Manta is getting the rave reviews, as a matter of fact. But for me, the strength of Sea World is in it's shows. Shamu, the killer whale, is incredible to see. Understand, with the strength being in sitting and watching, the energy level is quite different here.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

I will be going to Sea World in August for my very first time. I have already purchased our tickets online. Usually when we go to Disney World, we don't do any other Florida theme parks. This time, we are renting a car and have tickets for Sea World, Universal Studios, and of course Disney World. I understand the Sea World ticket will actually give us two days there, if we decide we would like that option. Our Universal ticket is good for Universal and IOA for an entire week.

I am excited about going to Sea World. It looks like there is plaenty to do there to keep us busy for at least a day, and most likely two.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort