• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Shamu's Spooktacular at SeaWorld Orlando Halloween Event

So weekend before last I decided to finally check out Shamu's Spooktacular Halloween Even at SeaWorld Orlando. This has been on my to-do list for years actually. Back when I worked for OFT, I missed out on it, but this year I decided that no matter what I was going do it, so I could finally compare all of the Central Florida halloween events, and give my 2 cents on what is worth what.

I will first post the Spooktacular pictures then I will give my full review.

This is on the bridge. You can see the path that they have set up. Unlike Universal Studios and the Magic Kingdom, this parks Halloween decorations are located in one section of park only.

Over at Wild Artic they had their DJ booth set up with with Ice Pumpkin Fish. These "Pumpkin Fish" are kind of the "characters" that they had created for this event. They were cute and fun to spot throughout the halloween areas.

Pumpkin Fish

Snow Pumpkin Totem Pole

Even the Vending Carts had the Halloween Spirit

Some really fun entertainment... stilts drum corp.

Pumpkin Fish family!

This is where you would get candy.

Custom Trick or Treat buckets... so cute!

Spooky tree mixed in.

Pumpkin Fish mixed into the landscaping

Neat singage for the event.

Cool a Treasure map!

It gave a run down of where to get candy, where to see shows, and where you could meet the Sesame Street Characters

Ford... a big fan of Spooktacular.

Outdoor Bubble Machines for the event were pretty epic. Made this event super different, and crazy fun.

Spooktacular started at Noon, so everyone queued up waiting to get candy, and see all the fancy decoration.

A cute little improv show.

Another cute little improv show.

Just fun decorations that they made for this.

Another cool little improv show.

Big Pumpkin Fish

So SeaWorld had their own little "Maze" where kids could go in, find candy, and there were little effects. It was cute, it was basically HHN with training wheels lol

The Maze set up on the stage

Abbey says "hi"

It took me a few minutes to explain that I just wanted a picture of her, and no I wasn't hitting on her, and it was going on a family friendly website, and not on a creepy wall of stalker images I collect.

Ok so those are the Spooktacular pictures. Now for my review.

Ok, this is a crazy fun event... if you have kids, or a fun group of friends who don't mind dressing up, and trick or treating in a theme park.

The hours are great for families 12 noon - park close (6 - 8 pm), there are lots of great entertainment offerings for families along with happy harbor, and bubbles, lots and lots of wonderful bubbles.

If you live in Central Florida, and you have a SeaWorld pass you have 0 reason to go to Mickey's Not So Scary. If you are visiting Orlando with your family during this time, you should plan on bringing your kids and plan your trip so that it lands on a Spooktacular day. All in all it is a great family event.

• The Study of Wumbo

Re: Shamu's Spooktacular at SeaWorld Orlando Halloween Event

Nice. I like it. I have heard good things about this event. Looks like it could do with a little bit more but it is quite nice.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

It was good. I liked how they had the decorations in 1 area of the park instead of all over.

• The Study of Wumbo

How big was this area? By the looks of the map you posted, this "Underwater Fantasea Path" crosses about half the park. And there's a show on the other side. What do those vaguely jellyfish-looking purple things mean? They are concentrated at the bottom and top...

So, hey, what was "Underwater Fantasea?"

And was this a paid event or not?
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])