• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Sad Aquaitca seasonal surprise closures!

I feel like I keep my finger on the pulse of Orlando, and I feel like I know what is going on in this town. Well to my surprise when I went to SeaWorld on Sunday, as I drove past Aquaitca i saw a sign at the driveway entrance saying "Aquatica will not be opening today!"

This surprised me, since I had not heard of an annual rehab, or any maintenance going on. So I went to SeaWorld, and went to guest services where I inquired about this.

I spoke with the Team Lead ****i who was the rudest person I have ever encountered at a SeaWorld park in the hundreds of times I have visited these parks. When I inquired to the nature of the Aquaitca being closed I was told it was closed "due to weather" when I inquired where I could get information to plan my vacation around it's weather closing, I was informed "it is on SOME website."

Now in guest services I would expect her to write down the website, give me a phone number or even say the website. But to just say "some website" had me a little taken back, especially since I was the only guest in the lobby. I then asked again if there was any place I could get information on when Aquaitca is closed and how I can be informed. I was then informed by ***** that "I am SeaWorld Guest Services NOT Aquatica" I then thanked her for her time, and told her "I expect more from guest services than an answer like that"

I then went off to find a Team Member who might have more information. I then tracked down an old friend in the park, who then informed me that Aquatica has been closing due to cold weather, and that he believes it is when it is under 60 degrees Fahrenheit or not Sunny.

This is a new policy to me (maybe someone else can fill in the blanks).

Being the fact that I didn't want to leave SeaWorld with a bad guest experience, I then went back to Guest Services at the end of my day where I asked the same question to ***** and was given the following information.

If you are traveling to Orlando during the winter months, you can check online the day of your visit to Aquaitca to ensure the park is open at
    Water Park Hours & Show Times | Aquatica, SeaWorld's Waterpark

Or you can call Aquatica directly at 407-370-1812

Thank you again **** for your help, and **** I wish you luck in a different career.
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 01-24-2011 at 09:08 PM. Reason: CM names removed for privacy/board policy
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Re: Aquaitca seasonal surprise closures!

Thank you for the comments. We pride ourselves on excellent guest service and what you experienced fell far, far short. We'll work to make sure we do better next time.

Your info is right, though: The best way to get the latest park hours and schedules for the Orlando parks is by going to our sites -- SeaWorldOrlando.com and AquaticabySeaWorld.com.

We should have provided that to you.

Hope you'll give us a second chance. And again, thank you for the comments.

Nick Gollattscheck
    SeaWorld Orlando

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Aquaitca seasonal surprise closures!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Gollattscheck View Post
    Thank you for the comments. We pride ourselves on excellent guest service and what you experienced fell far, far short. We'll work to make sure we do better next time.

Your info is right, though: The best way to get the latest park hours and schedules for the Orlando parks is by going to our sites -- SeaWorldOrlando.com and AquaticabySeaWorld.com.

We should have provided that to you.

Hope you'll give us a second chance. And again, thank you for the comments.

Nick Gollattscheck
    SeaWorld Orlando
    Nick,

I appreciate the response. I will always frequent SeaWorld. I love Blue Horizons, Manta, Kraken, Pacific Warf way too much.

Again your response is greatly appreciated.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by