• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

New Penguin Exhibit

Some people are reporting that you can't visit and experience the new Penguin exhibit without going on the ride first. If this is the case then I feel its a very poor indeed. With 2 hour waits expected this Summer SeaWorld should be offering an opportunity to see the Penguin's without having to wait for the ride portion which not everyone wants to see. Can someone confirm this is the situation and not just Guests confusion. What's to stop people for instance just entering Antartica through the exit like you can do with Wild Arctic skipping the ride altogether?

• Closed Account

Re: New Penguin Exhibit

Yes, this IS true. I mean think about. We cannot have guests going from 90degrees straight into 28degrees now can we??? Unless you want a visit from the SW First Aid. And nobody HAS to go on the ride. You CAN skip the ride. But every guest MUST go through the first room (2min pre show). WHY? Because that is where you get dehumidified and have all the sweat and moisture and humidity sucked out. The room is basically a giant dryer. This process MUST be completed for the penguins and to keep the HVAC system from crapping out and keeping it 28-32. Whats to stop you? We have TWO Team Members stationed there. Sorry.....but this is something different, unlike other parks who do the same boring stuff, and this is the process you must go through.

• Co-Host of USWP

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Some people are reporting that you can't visit and experience the new Penguin exhibit without going on the ride first. If this is the case then I feel its a very poor indeed. With 2 hour waits expected this Summer SeaWorld should be offering an opportunity to see the Penguin's without having to wait for the ride portion which not everyone wants to see. Can someone confirm this is the situation and not just Guests confusion. What's to stop people for instance just entering Antartica through the exit like you can do with Wild Arctic skipping the ride altogether?
    Right now I don't know definitively one way or the other, however, I believe that is the case. You cannot access the exhibit without going through the other portion of the experience. Eric and I are going to check and will answer as soon as we can confirm it is true.

If there isn't a way to see them without going through the rest of it, there certainly is an excellent reason for it. Going through the entire exhibit and experience allows you to cool down from the Florida heat and the experience also removes the humidity from the air so you don't leap from 90 degrees right into 30 degrees, which I'm sure would cause health problems at the least for most people.
    Last edited by SeaWorldMike; 05-27-2013 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Clarity

• Roller coaster enthusiast

That's a great point there JCSkipr79. I thought the ride was acclimating guests to the Penguin environment and never gave any thought to the dehumidification process. Creepy Monkey was also right in that the shock from going from 90-100 degrees instantly to 30-40 degrees would most deffinately cause health problems. There's also no back way into the ride for disabled guests. The main que/line was designed to be ADA accessible for those who were wanting to know that.
    Current coaster count: 155
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Fun Spot America

• Banned User

Surely if it is something to do with the different tempatures which I'm not disputing. Wouldn't it be a serious health risk for anyone leaving the Penguin environment and heading straight back out into the Florida sun?

• Closed Account

Wouldn't it be a serious health risk for anyone leaving the Penguin environment and heading straight back out into the Florida sun?

No, because the Underwater Viewing is 68degrees and your expected to spend at least 5min in there

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I just saw the video in YouTube and I must admit the ride looks pretty boring. The best part is the end when the actual habitat is revealed. If there is a way to skip the ride altogether then I would choose to do that.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

You can bypass the attraction if you wish after you have queued, and gone through the preshows. When you get the the point when you are able to chose "mild or wild" you can then bypass the ride portion and go straight to Antarctica. But with the mild version and the wild version, there is really no need. Just enjoy the ride, and enjoy the journey!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Banned User

Thanks for the confirmation Eric. Still a bit unfair to have to queue with all the riders. Perhaps something SeaWorld will address at a later date once hype calms down. For the time being anyone looking for more one to one time with the Penguins might want to consider heading on the Penguins up-Close Tour which has returned to the park. http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld...-Up-Close-Tour

• former CM

Forgive me for posting this on more than more than one thread, but I found it interesting:
    Penguin jumps out of exhibit at SeaWorld - CNN.com Video
    Hopefully this will be a quick fix and the penguins will safely enjoy their lives in Orlando, educating guests who will help their many wild relatives to the south.