• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

What area of SeaWorld would you like to see get the Antarctica treatment next?

With Antarctica now open, and just as beautiful as can be. What other areas of SeaWorld would you like to see radically transformed.

I will list out some areas going from the front of the park back and around:

• Entrance Plaza
    • Key West Area (where the dolphin cove, blue horizons, and sting rays area)
    • Pacific Pointe Area (where the Sea Lions are, and the Sea Lion Stadium is
    • Sharks underwater
    • A'lure
    • Old Hospitality House
    • Shamu's Happy Harbor
    • Wild Arctic
    • Bayside Stadium area

Personally right now I would love for the Old Hospitality house area to be completely redone, so that I have a reason to head to that side of the parks.

If I would wish for ANY addition, it would be a River Dolphins exhibit where guests could discover and connect with River Dolphins from around the world!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Re: What area of SeaWorld would you like to see get the Antarctica treatment next?

Def. the Shark Encounter. Having been redone 3x it's a hot mess and needs a PROPER redo that is fitting to these animals

• Co-Host of USWP

Re: What area of SeaWorld would you like to see get the Antarctica treatment next?

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    Def. the Shark Encounter. Having been redone 3x it's a hot mess and needs a PROPER redo that is fitting to these animals
    I'd have to agree with this. I'd really like to see a great update here so it is a little more...majestic? Just something more fitting as JCSkipr79 says.

• Roller coaster enthusiast

I'd agree that Shark Encounter needs to be redone as does Wild Artic. The entrance could be given more of a Florida look by removing the Sea Lions and rock work and adding some native trees and plants as well as returning the waves to the pool.
    Current coaster count: 155
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Fun Spot America

• Co-Host of USWP

Quote Originally Posted by Coasterjunkie View Post
    I'd agree that Shark Encounter needs to be redone as does Wild Artic. The entrance could be given more of a Florida look by removing the Sea Lions and rock work and adding some native trees and plants as well as returning the waves to the pool.
    Actually, now that you mention it, Wild Arctic would be something that would be nice to have redone as well. I'd like to see that get as nice an update as Antarctica. I actually like Wild Arctic and think it was well done for the time, but it really could use a revamp to make it a little more in line with today's expectations and technologies. I'd love to see it as majestic and beautiful as Antarctica is.

• Roller coaster enthusiast

The trouble with Wild Artic is that it can't look too much like Antartica or they'll risk confusing the average park guest. The ride could really use an upgrade as the CG hasn't been updated since the area opened in the late 80's I believe. The habitats are still really nice so I wouldn't touch that unless they want to make them larger. They could enclose the line and make it a interactive que or have one or two preshow theaters.

I couldn't say anything about the old Hospitality House as I haven't been in there since they converted it into a restaurant however I do like what they did with the Sea Garden.

They do need to do something with the old Bayside Stadium as it seems to sit idle for half the year. They do get use out of it during the Latin Music Fest, Bands Brew & BBQ, and the Christmas Holidays, but the rest of the time it sits empty.
    Last edited by Coasterjunkie; 06-06-2013 at 03:59 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Ok... If I was Brian Morrow, and I had all of SeaWorld Orlando as my canvas...

Here is what I would do first!

1. Replace the old Hospitality House with a Central Asian River Dolphin experience, that would be an attraction and habitat

2. I would redesign the entire entrance plaza to be like the new San Diego one, with ticket booths moved to the side, with animal interactions, and would remove the entrance bottle neck.

3. I would redesign the Shark enounter with something that is thrilling and educational, that would help create empathy for these incredible animals.

4. I would get rid of the Nautilus theater and replace it with a family dark ride, maybe themed to South America

5. I would redevelop the entire side of Bay Side Stadium What I would really love if money was no option would to create dolphin rivers like they created in Singapore so that the dolphins could have miles to swim in, and also create an amazing new way for guests to interact.

I love that all the Dolphin interaction areas are connected so that the dolphins can have the ability to swim fast, and between place to place

Thanks on the info, we are planning on going to sea-world too
    Stocks Trading Education

• New Member Goes Forth

The entrance plaza could have a nice retheme, and be more expansive
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    The entrance plaza could have a nice retheme, and be more expansive
    Yeah I just wish it didn't throw you into a Y split that isn't clear.