• One Little Spark...

Smile Sea World - SAN ANTONIO Pics/Trip Report

Headed down to San Antonio for an Awards Banquet this past weekend and while I was there took a quick day trip to Sea World San Antonio. This was my first trip to Sea World since I was 8 so... 10 years! Not only was I impressed, I enjoyed every moment spent in the park. So let's see what we've got!

First off, we stopped off at the Dolphin tank... such sweet (and hungry) animals.

Then we went to the Sharks and Coral Reef building. They were doing some window cleaning, she was kind enough to take out her mouth piece to smile for the camera!

More cleaning:

I'm not sure of the proper name for these... I call them possessed.

What a beautiful park:

Then it was time for the Sea Lion show, The Cannery Row Caper, this was absolutely hilarious and the pre-show is not to be missed!

*TOSS!*

Like I said, it's a HILARIOUS show!

Never a dull moment throughout the show:

After the show, it's time for a break:

After Caper we headed over to the Ski Show: Cool Vibrations. It's a cross of skiing/boating/dancing and any classic song that, well, gives you good vibrations!

After all of our coolness was leakout out at Vibrations, the temperature was reaching 100F so we needed to cool off... with Shamu and the Believe show.

Point of view pic:

Not only was I impressed with Shamu (4 tons going from water to air? heck yes!) But I was very impressed with Believe. I loved the music and the timing of the show. It's one thing to launch fireworks to music, but a whale? Some of the show was a bit cheesy but that was countered for later in the day.

So, after the show we headed back to the hotel to take a break only to return to the park around 7pm for the Summer Nights promotion which just made its debut a few weeks ago.

The first thing we did upon re-arriving was the Pirates Plunder stunt show... THIS. WAS. TERRIBLE. As a future theatre major and having done quite a bit of theatre over the years, this was just not up to par especially after such grand entertainment all the rest of the day!

Cheap jokes, references to things such as Facebook, and a lack of a good plot led to people leaving during the show (I was not one of them). However, what I did notice at Pirates and Vibrations were show directors taking notes, so maybe there's some hope for Pirates Plunder.

The rest of the night was splendid (and much cooler!). The evening show at the Sea Lion and Otter Stadium, was even more hilarious than the day time show. Not only does the show present some new tricks- it features a "Day at Seaworld" bit that mocks anything and everything the park has to offer, from roller coasters to the whale fin necklace from Believe.

Then for the main attraction of the night Shamu Rocks Texas!

It's not as big of a show as what I've seen from other SeaWorld Parks but it's certainly a high-energy, awe-inspiring show.

Take that San Diego and Orlando!

One final splash for the night (do you think they know how many people they're getting wet?)

That's all! View more pics at
    Sea World San Antonio - a set on Flickr
    Last edited by FreakOuter84; 06-16-2009 at 11:13 AM. Reason: grammar

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Re: Sea World - SAN ANTONIO Pics/Trip Report

Sweet. Thanks for sharing. Where I am, this is the closest Sea World (only a day's drive!), but we've yet to go. Looks like a fun place. Did you do any of the rides?

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• One Little Spark...

Quote Originally Posted by Roo719 View Post
    Sweet. Thanks for sharing. Where I am, this is the closest Sea World (only a day's drive!), but we've yet to go. Looks like a fun place. Did you do any of the rides?

Peace,
    Roo
    We rode both of the coasters, Steel Eel and Great White. They're both great coasters, a warning though, if you have a bag, you can't take it on the ride with you- you have to PAY for a locker- it's only $.50 but still, slightly inconvienent. I'm not sure about the water rides though. My friend and I agreed to stay dry all day - I will say though, on both coasters, we walked on and the other ride times were 25-30 min. waits. That was on a Saturday in July.

• or CBF

Nice pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOuter84 View Post
    Take that San Diego and Orlando!
    Ha!! At least we have a semi decent Journey to Atlantis, San Antonio's is just humiliating.

Both pale in comparison to Orlando's though.

MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Disappearing/Reappearing

are they called Clyde and Seymore there too? I just love their show in Orlando! It's my favorite thing there...besides the manatees.

Thanks for sharing!

• back in Austin

Cool. I'm from San Antonio and I live in Austin. I've been thinking about visiting both Sea World and Fiesta Texas - haven't been to either in more than a decade. I wouldn't be able to take such awesome photos, but if I do visit Fiesta Texas I'll put a trip report up here.

For those of you who don't know it, Fiesta Texas was an independent park that got bought by Six Flags some years back.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Nice pictures!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• > 150 DL Trips & 3 to 33

Thanks for the great report. I really enjoy trip reports that have lots of good pictures and are informative yet concise. Thank you.

• Mickey is not my Brother

I went to Sea World San Antonio in April with my girlfriend and we thought the sealion show was hilarious