• Sock Puppet

SeaWorld sued for "Violating slavery rights," by animal rights organization PETA

PETA sues SeaWorld, claims orcas have constitutional rights
    As seen in the article above, SeaWorld is being sued by PETA for "violating slavery laws. Here is an exerpt from the article I posted above stating PETA's claims against SeaWorld:
    All credit goes to the author of this article:
    By any definition, these orcas are slaves — kidnapped from their homes, kept confined, denied everything that’s natural to them and forced to perform tricks for SeaWorld’s profit,” said Kerr. “The males have their sperm collected, the females are artificially inseminated and forced to bear young which are sometimes shipped away"
    ~Peta Spokesperson and general counsel Jeff Kerr
    What are your thoughts on this? I feel that it is a little over the top...

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: SeaWorld sued for "Violating slavery rights," by animal rights organization PETA

I mean by definition it is slavery what they are doing ....but animals dont have the same rights as us.....I cant say if the animals like it or not...but as long as they are feed and get excursive and are getting love its a better life then being hunted in the sea

• The Steampunk Dread Baron

Re: SeaWorld sued for "Violating slavery rights," by animal rights organization PETA

Once again PETA acting like idiots... doesn't surprise me when the group advocates people not having pets and letting all animals go free.

The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

PETA might get more support from the masses, if they didn't purposely stretch the constitution all out of proportion. Their extemist acts don't help their cause at all.

• Minion

IMO I use to support PETA but now they make me not care because its pathetic they feed and keep the animals safe from hunters i say that's great but of course PETA finds some way of trying to release these animals and i don't think they will ever win, what about Disney animal kingdom they have animals does that make them slaves to or zoos i prefer theses animals in professional company's who has taken care of animals for many years and occasionally release animals into the wild after taking care of them i see no harm at all.

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^while I agree the animals are much safe and I hope happy....in some ways I do get where they are coming from.

I mean the animals are stuck in tanks...and thats why when I'm at Zoos....its kinda said yes they are safe but they don't get to roam the earth the way they were intended too......and Dolphins and whales have a very LARGE area to live in too....so in a way its sad that they wont be able to be free because of hunters

• Shablagoo!

Yeah I totally disagree with pretty much anything PETA does. They are idiots.

• Minion

PETA is a bunch of hypocritical idiots. They kill more animals then they save.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I have said this before, but I feel that SeaWorld and Zoological parks help us humans understand and connect with animals we would normally have no contact with, and after that contact, we are more likely to protect their wild kin.

I feel that because of SeaWorld millions upon millions of people are more aware of the need to protect and save Dolphin and Whale populations.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Once again, PETA proves they're cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandfan67 View Post
    PETA sues SeaWorld, claims orcas have constitutional rights
    As seen in the article above, SeaWorld is being sued by PETA for "violating slavery laws. Here is an exerpt from the article I posted above stating PETA's claims against SeaWorld:
    All credit goes to the author of this article:

What are your thoughts on this? I feel that it is a little over the top...
    It's idiocy on several levels. First, slavery requires a person. Second, since the animal is the one suffering the harm (the slavery in this case), how can PETA bring forward this claim? They have no standing if we interpret the law as they do. Third, this disgusting interpretation of slavery diminishes the horrors that occurred in the not-to-distant past in this country.

Just awful.

---------- Post added 10-31-2011 at 11:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rsey103 View Post
    Yeah, it's a little nutty but at least it starts a conversation.

I used to enjoy the dolphin and whale shows at SeaWorld but I have changed my view of all that. I'll never buy another ticket to those kinds of parks and those kinds of shows. (I'd like to see Disney discontinue the captivity of dolphins at Epcot----most of the Nemo ride there is now animated, anyway.)

You'd think that the first time a trainer was killed by an orca the public would say, "Gosh, guess that was a bad idea. Game over." But instead they looked forward to seeing trainers go back in the water. Amazing.

It's an issue that tends to bring out the best and worst in people, but it is worth looking into.

www.savejapandolphins.org
    The Cove Movie: Welcome
    www.afallfromfreedom.com

Well, it is called a KILLER whale and not a underwater snuggle dog. It's pretty clear what these animals do!
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.