Question Seaworld differences

In our vacation we are going to california and to visit DL, we were wondering if is worth going to Seaworld Sand Diego?

We had being many times in SW Orlando, but never in San Diego, how the two parks compare? do they have the same attractions and shows ... is San Diego bigger or smaller?

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Seaworld differences

San Diego is smaller. There are only a few rides, most of the shows are the same as SWO.

They have a Journey to Atlantis, but it's nothing compared to Florida's. They do have a new coaster opening this year, but if you aren't into coasters then I would say it's not worth the trip down there.

You'd probably be better off going to Universal Studios or even Legoland (depending on if you have any kids in your group).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

SeaWorld Orlando is the Flag Ship park for the SeaWorld chain. It is the largest, and has the most attractions, along with Aquaitca, and Discovery Cove.

SW San Diego is nice because it is right on the Ocean, it has a unique layout, and attractions that Orlando doesn't have.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Thanks on the info, we are planning on going to Universal too.

Is nice to know ahead the park is smaller, so we can plan better.

Another thing is that the person who is offering in taking us to SW says she could take us to the San Diego zoo/ or safari .

However sometimes her work schedule can be tight witout too mush warning, so wish one could be a better choice if we only have one choice of the zoo or the SW park ?

• Koubu Pilot

If you miss the Skyway from Disneyland, Sea World still has theirs. Because the park is at Mission Bay, the ride is over the water. And that's another thing that's different about San Diego. You're actually at the ocean.

• Minion

I live in California. I like the safrai park alot more then the zoo. I even like it better then sea world.

• Circle of Ancients

Also remember, the Safari Park isn't actually in San Diego. It's actually closer to Disneyland than Sea World.

But even without Sea World, San Diego is an awesome city. If you've never spent any time in SD it's certainly worth the visit.

• Thrill Seeker

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Also remember, the Safari Park isn't actually in San Diego. It's actually closer to Disneyland than Sea World.

But even without Sea World, San Diego is an awesome city. If you've never spent any time in SD it's certainly worth the visit.
    Well, they are closer than you think, and even I thought up to a few seconds ago.

DL --> Safari Park = 84 miles
    DL --> SeaWorld = 92 miles

I was shocked when I saw that, but the amount you have to go inland makes up for just staying close to the coast I guess.

Anywayyy... if you have been to SW in Florida I would say go to the Safari Park only if you can spend a full day there. Stuff is S---P---R---E---A---D O---U---T over there and it is not like a zoo where you see an animal, walk a few feet, see another animal. And if you go in the summer it is going to be HOT. The closest thing I can compare it to that I have seen is Animal Kingdom... but SP is better at being a zoo type of thing if that makes any sense.

One of my favorite things to see at the park is this:

It is one of the things you have to get there an hour early to see one run, maybe two if the cheetah wants to.

But I put a vote to just hang out in San Diego for the day.
    My Disney adventures in the USA:

[ FLICKR ] - [ You Tube ]

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

While its not within the City of San Diego it is still in the County of San Diego and still considered part of the San Diego region.

City of San Diego is just one city of many that make up the San Diego region.

Actually, the Safari Park IS in the City of San Diego. Thanks to a masterfull example of gerrymandering a good portion of the San Pasqual valley (including the park) is within the city limits. That's how the Zoological Society wound up with that location.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandkitty View Post
    I live in California. I like the safrai park alot more then the zoo. I even like it better then sea world.
    I concur. And since Sapphire-Light has been to Orlando's Sea World, the Safari Park in Escondido (or east of it?) would be a fresher experience. Even large zoos can be a little depressing to animal lovers, but at the Safari Park the animals (except the poor elephants) seem more at home with much better habitats. It reminds me of Disney's Animal Kingdom. It's run by the S.D Zoo and it's where their organization's best behaved and best looking animals get sent. (Made up that last sentence, but they did have an ridiculously good-looking lion.)

I'd also recommend walking around the rocks above the coves at La Jolla, and driving around San Diego, visiting Balboa Park, and possibly Cabrillo National Monument at the tip of Point Loma for spectacular views of San Diego. And if you do go to La Jolla and if it's a clear day, it's worth driving up to Mount Soledad for more spectacular views.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 03-09-2012 at 10:39 PM.

• backwards driver

Recommend Safari park over the zoo. Its a much better way to view the animals within their habitats Highly recommend the photo safari caravan too! They take you out into the main open area on the back of a truck and you have a blast!