• Roller coaster enthusiast

Which SeaWorld Park is the best and why

What SeaWorld do you feel is the best in the chain and what makes it better than the other two? I've only been to SWO but I've always been curious as to how it stacks up against SWSD and SWSA.
    Current coaster count: 166
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Six Flags over Georgia

Re: Which SeaWorld Park is the best and why

I have only been to Sea World San Diego. I really enjoy going to the park though I miss a lot of the things that used to be there. Like the Clydesdale Hamlet, the pearl diving pool, the old Captain Kids play area,etc. My favorite animal exhibit is Rocky Point (dolphins). I love the green space and the flowers that seem to thrive in the park. Hopefully that is something that stays in the parks. I don't go to Sea World for the rides, I go for the animals. The only rides I ride there are the Observation Tower and the Sky Bucket-type ride. There used to be a boat ride along Mission Bay but it disappeared a long time back.
    The food at the park is some of the best I have ever had at a theme park. The sandwiches at the former Busch Hospitality House are really good and the pasta place (sorry can't remember the name) had some very tasty and filling pasta dishes.
    Last edited by dazyhill; 10-04-2013 at 09:44 PM.

• Co-Host of USWP

Having been to only two of the parks, Orlando and San Diego, it is hard to judge. I'm going to cop out and say that I think they both have unique aspects which make them special and I enjoyed them both for different reasons. Most recently, Antarctica became an additional reason for me to love Orlando. I DEFINITELY want to go to SeaWorld San Antonio though to compare.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Ohhh this is hard. I too have only been to San Diego and Orlando. Out of those two I would have to say Orlando hands down.

San Diego gets mad props for actually being on the Ocean, but Orlando is beautiful, and lush, and expansive. San Diego's park is a lot of concrete.

Now I reserve the right to change my mind when the new entrance area opens.

I am planning a trip to San Antonio this next year. I really really want to see that park! I wish I could have made it out to HowlOScream this year.

But in the end, Orlando you have SeaWorld, you have Aquatica behind it, and you have Discovery Cove across the street, where you can really fill an entire week with SeaWorld adventures!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

We've been lucky enough to have visited all four SeaWorld parks (including the dearly departed Sea World Ohio). Each has/had its own unique personality while also containing many of the familiar SeaWorld traits. San Diego is somewhat compact with a very nice setting on the bay. San Antonio, on the other hand, is spread out and easily the most spacious of the parks. Orlando is probably the most "complete" SeaWorld in terms of attractions, exhibits, and shows. Ohio was a very pleasant park with a nice semi-wooded setting beside Geauga Lake. It was sad to see the park fade after being sold to Six Flags.

• former CM

I've only been to Orlando and San Diego and it's been years. I was impressed by both, but Orlando was stunning and made good use of little hills.

• Co-Host of USWP

I'm actually going to go out on a limb and say I enjoyed Orlando slightly more than San Diego...but then again it's been a few years since I've been back to San Diego and I haven't seen the new entrance yet either! Planning on doing a super fan meetup there this next year and I'm looking forward to it!