Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

• ironically Otaku

in a T.A.R.D.I.S. traveling time and space and skipping all the boring parts, now with braces.

Re: After Shanghaî, what other destinations for future Disney theme parks?

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    You trimmed your post!
    lol,you caught me! ! yeah, i didn't have some parts of my post well thought out, so i was thinking i would come back to it latter. but if you want to know what i was going to say here it is.
    most people in china are to poor to ever dream of going to any of the parks that are built there. so even if the population is high, not even one fourth of the people there will be able to go once! let alone give the place any real business. its a sad state of affairs, that isn't at all helped by the government that censors freedom of the press. also, these parks are doomed to suck, even for the people who can afford to go to them! why is that? because both parks are more owned by the goverment than by Disney. so that means bureaucrats have say over a land that is meant to be about fantasy and wonder. i could go on about WHY i don't support building in china, but i think if i went to far, it would be considered political.
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

Mexico is a perfect place for de disneyland and i dont where is the problem

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Double Post.
    See below
    Last edited by Trevor; 09-05-2010 at 12:04 AM.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Mexico's international reputation would most likely hinder travel too it, and from a business perspective it does not have the wealth spread amongst the population enough to attract a large attendance. At least, these have been the observations made before.

@William

While China does have a poor mean (as in average, not as in demeanour) population, there are just so many people that those who do have enough disposable income to support a park nicely.

• will-o-the-whip

Mexico will never happen, it's too close to SoCal and Florida to have another park in the region.

China, and in particular Shanghai, has a rising middle class. Disney is betting on the future. Time will tell whether they were right or not. They never should have built in HK in the first place, and just held out for Shanghai. Singapore or the part of Malaysia across from Singapore would have a been a better destination than HK for the SE Asia/Australia/NZ market. Oh well, too late now.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Not only that but the drug cartels are making the place look like Iraq with beheadings, detonated explosives blowing up police. Disneylandia would be too big a target.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/...news/#39047992
    Last edited by CaliforniaAdventurer; 09-07-2010 at 08:35 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

There are good parts and bad parts, but its true, the whole Police system there seems a bit... "shady"

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It's always suffered poverty and corruption, but I won't even visit Mexico these days, it's a warzone.

• Dreamer

How about Disneyland Antarctica? Or what about Disneyland Montréal?

But there's always the option to build Walt Disney World South in either South America or southern Africa.

Thoughts?

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Lamp View Post
    How about Disneyland Antarctica? Or what about Disneyland Montréal?

But there's always the option to build Walt Disney World South in either South America or southern Africa.

Thoughts?
    Disneyland Africa... no chance in hell, no chance in Africa!
    South Africa is one place that nobody alive today will see a Disneyland in. Crime is just one reason to not build a Disneyland in South Africa.

The next two Disneylands will be in India and and once again... China. You will see that it will happend someday.

But I personally hope they wont build any more. The state of WDW and DLRP is reason enough.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Nutty about Disney parks

To me a Disneyland in South Korea makes much more financial sense than a Disneyland in Shanghai or anywhere in Mainland China or India. There's a large enough population of middle and high class to warrant it and it's very Western-culture friendly. Plus it can also help Tokyo Disney relieve itself of crowdedness by taking in all the Korean tourists. And after reading the blog about the numerous movie studio tie-in parks that Seoul is getting, I dont see why Disney isnt on the list.

Unfortunatly I dont think it would be possible for Disney to build anymore parks outside of their Anaheim and Orlando resorts. There arent alot of places outside of those two cities in the US where a new Disney resort could maintain financial stability. The park would have to be in a major tourist destination area which is why I dont think Texas would work for a Disney spot anyway.

• will-o-the-whip

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    To me a Disneyland in South Korea makes much more financial sense than a Disneyland in Shanghai or anywhere in Mainland China or India. There's a large enough population of middle and high class to warrant it and it's very Western-culture friendly. Plus it can also help Tokyo Disney relieve itself of crowdedness by taking in all the Korean tourists. And after reading the blog about the numerous movie studio tie-in parks that Seoul is getting, I dont see why Disney isnt on the list.
    The list of theme parks coming to South Korea is already overcrowded, why would Disney want to join that list? MGM, Paramount and Universal have signed but like Dubailand, I doubt we'll see all of them come to fruition. It's one thing for a Korean or Dubai company to pay for the intellectual property for the "rights" to build a park, and quite another to come up with the cash to build it. Korea is freezing cold in the winter, even more so than Paris since some of the parks are slated off the sea in Incheon. Tokyo is already close enough for Korean Disney fans to get their fix, and Shanghai, if built well, will take some of the guest pressure off Tokyo. Don't think a Disney park in Korea is at all viable or forseeable.

• Minion

Disney has definitely investigated the possibility of Korea for a new resort as WDI did significant amount of bluesky concept design for a South Korean park - the famous concept art of a "new Disney park" from the 2006 Annual Report, which I mistakenly believed to be related to Shanghai, was actually a concept for a Seoul Disneyland.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011