Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: After Shanghaî, what other destinations for future Disney theme parks?

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    I do understand what he is saying. He said Disney makes too many clones and I believe they do that for a good reason as I stated above.
    Universal and Disney both build clones. His point was that Disney has built parks that are either half-sized or much cheaper than what they should be. Universal hasn't done that and isn't doing that with any of their new parks....whether Singapore, Dubai, or anywhere else, the Universal parks are built as full day parks with expensive E-tickets. Unlike at HKDL, WDS, original DCA, etc.
    Down with the Hat

Exactly

• Indy's Girl

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    disney needs to stop trying to be a growth company!!! hunkerdown and add capacity in their existing parks for revenue growth. stop overextending themselves!
    Seriously! WDW needs so many improvements. And DLCA is undergoing a massive transformation.

Stop expanding and start improving on what you got. You can tell the press you're going green or something that will make you look all world conscious and stuff.

• The line's too long...

Universal Dubai has already started being built at the foundation level. It could still be canceled of course, but it's doubtful since cement has already started being poured. Dubai has received a lot of negative press lately, the polar opposite of the all sunny, bright coverage it was receiving just a year ago. The truth is somewhere in the middle (as usual), and at this point, Dubai is just too big to fail so it won't (that is, Abu Dhabi and other rich Arabs and Indians won't let it, and they've all got the money to back that up). If Merlin Entertainment buys the Busch parks then that would make it even more likely that Busch will eventually come to Dubai since the Dubai government owns 20% of Merlin.

Disney will never come to Dubai because of all the other parks planned to be built; Disney would want to feel special. That's where the other emirate, Abu Dhabi comes into play. They're pickier than Dubai and only go for the highest quality (think Louvre, Guggeheim annexes), and when they announce a project, it gets built. For example, the Ferrari theme park is still being built and is on track to open next year. And since Abu Dhabi is an archipelago, they could give Disney a whole island to work with and $8 billion without blinking. Abu Dhabi has mandated that it become a city on par with London, Paris, New York, Tokyo etc by the year 2030, and adding a Disney park would just be further icing on the cake.

• The line's too long...

Quote Originally Posted by loaloa55 View Post
    Disney may not go to India, but there is another place where for sure they will not open a theme park, and it's Dubai.

Here is why: Disney and more: Why Disney will never build a theme park in Dubai
    I started to read that article until the second paragraph it located Dubai on the Indian Ocean, when it's on the Persian Gulf. If the author can't do basic research to even get the geography of the place right, then it's probably not worth reading the rest of the article (though I do agree that Disney will never build a park in Dubai).

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    I do understand what he is saying. He said Disney makes too many clones and I believe they do that for a good reason as I stated above.
    They do it for a very good reason. But the effect is that Magic Kingdom feels less magic and more mass produced. ...and people still say that nothing compares to the original anyway.
    That is why in reality it is a BAD thing to build the very same park over and over with just small details setting them apart. It also means that once you have been to Disneyland you have been to them all. That is why there no longer is any need to buy that ticket for the Magic Kingdom in Orlando. ...and trust me... alot of europeans go to Florida every year.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 05-05-2009 at 11:39 PM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Infinitized!

We desperately need some better theme/amusement parks here in Canada. Bring Disney to Canada! The greater Vancouver area would be the best locale (maybe out in Abbotsford or Surrey), the weather conditions are close to Tokyo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    I started to read that article until the second paragraph it located Dubai on the Indian Ocean, when it's on the Persian Gulf. If the author can't do basic research to even get the geography of the place right, then it's probably not worth reading the rest of the article (though I do agree that Disney will never build a park in Dubai).
    It's right that Dubai is located on the Persian Gulf. In my mind i thought it was more south, but frankly, if you can't read an article only because of a geographical mistake, then you have missed dozen of other facts much more important than that.....and that you will never know, as you didn't read the article.

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    Universal Dubai has already started being built at the foundation level. It could still be canceled of course, but it's doubtful since cement has already started being poured. Dubai has received a lot of negative press lately, the polar opposite of the all sunny, bright coverage it was receiving just a year ago. The truth is somewhere in the middle (as usual), and at this point, Dubai is just too big to fail so it won't (that is, Abu Dhabi and other rich Arabs and Indians won't let it, and they've all got the money to back that up). If Merlin Entertainment buys the Busch parks then that would make it even more likely that Busch will eventually come to Dubai since the Dubai government owns 20% of Merlin.

Disney will never come to Dubai because of all the other parks planned to be built; Disney would want to feel special. That's where the other emirate, Abu Dhabi comes into play. They're pickier than Dubai and only go for the highest quality (think Louvre, Guggeheim annexes), and when they announce a project, it gets built. For example, the Ferrari theme park is still being built and is on track to open next year. And since Abu Dhabi is an archipelago, they could give Disney a whole island to work with and $8 billion without blinking. Abu Dhabi has mandated that it become a city on par with London, Paris, New York, Tokyo etc by the year 2030, and adding a Disney park would just be further icing on the cake.

I also think it would be cool if Disney built a theme park here and they can call it Disney Island. There are several reasons why to build here because of the money and location. There is also great attractions being built here such as Ferrari World and a guggenheim museum. Imagine Dubai Universal Studios and Busch Gardens only 2 hours away from Disneyland in Abu Dhabi. With this location it can be very similar of what the distance is between DL and Universal Studious. It can also bring more tourists and money to U.A.E. to one of the most interesting parts of the world.
    Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Visited/Future Visits:

Disneyland Resort: 1987, 1989, 1992, 1994, 2000, 2011, June 2014

Walt Disney World Resort: ???

Tokyo Disney Resort: 2009

Disneyland Resort Paris: ???

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: ???

WDC should focus on finishing the building of HKDL. Then the phase II expansion.

But obviously if one of the oil rich states come up to Bob Iger and say, "Here is $8billion, build me a Disneyland." Bob is not going to say no.

• HKDL fan

Having a Disney Park in India to me is not a good idea at all. Disney is not something that all Indians have grown together with.

But if in existing park, a land based on the indian theme is not too bad.[Mickey and Minnie look not too bad in the Indian traditional costume after all]
    My Web Site - RedBubble Site

~ Going to HKDL in 2015 [10th Anniversary] ~

Looking Forward To HKDL's Expansion

akaytrinity.com

• The line's too long...

Quote Originally Posted by loaloa55 View Post
    It's right that Dubai is located on the Persian Gulf. In my mind i thought it was more south, but frankly, if you can't read an article only because of a geographical mistake, then you have missed dozen of other facts much more important than that.....and that you will never know, as you didn't read the article.
    Well, I did scroll through it briefly, and the bulk of it was an article from a British newspaper bashing Dubai. Of course Dubai has issues, like anyplace else, but that article was completely one-sided. As for the location issue, imagine if you read someone on a blog from the Middle East ranting against Los Angeles while positioning the city on the Gulf of Mexico. You wouldn't assign as much credibility to the report, would you?

• Sock Puppet

this is toxicating.

i think shanghai would be a huge mistake if disney decides to go ahead with it cause the distance there is between orlando and atlanta here in the U.S i think the next ideal location should be australia probably near sidney or here in stateside i would like the next location be somewhere near virginia or texas and be something different other than the magic kingdom like the disney's america idea would be something wonderful and different and wdw needs some more improvements also and it needs a new park like a villian park near wide world of sports so in my opinion a park in shanghai would not be a great idea it is too close to hong kong and would put that park out of business and disney should not build anything in asia for a while cause it would dilute from the other park in japan and hong kong i think either australia or perhaps another location in europe like spain or singapore like universal is doin now would be good also but i would love to see another location here in the states also like disney's america i think that should be a reality
    Last edited by bullfrog20012000; 06-01-2009 at 08:43 AM.

• Not here to help

They will put it in a place where alot of tourists from around the world come and where there is alot people living.

Why on earth would anybody from anywhere want to go to Texas? But if they build a Disney´s America... let´s hope they put it in Texas or even better, India.
    Paris, Tokyo, Florida, California and Hong Kong has many tourists and or are crowded. These are all places on many wishlists to visit. Then New York is more likely to have a new park.

China is a natural choice for two parks. One in HK and the other in a big city that is modern... Shanghai. If the only could make those that live there start to go to the parks it would be even better. I am not sure Disney can handle another WDS story of succes.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast