Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: After Shanghaî, what other destinations for future Disney theme parks?

The next Disney park after Shanghai will be in South Korea. At least that's the plan.

• Choir nerd

^
    I don't think Disney would have anything else planned out past Shanghai

• Banned User

Personally, the fact that they want to build yet another DL park makes me sick to my stomach. ENOUGH!

• The line's too long...

Quote Originally Posted by ryno1986 View Post
    The next Disney park after Shanghai will be in South Korea. At least that's the plan.
    I highly doubt that. We'll see first if the Paramout and Universal parks ever get built there.

Disney could come to Vancouver!

I can dream right?

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    disney needs to stop trying to be a growth company!!! hunkerdown and add capacity in their existing parks for revenue growth. stop overextending themselves!
    ". . .stop trying to be a growth company"?! If it were a privately held (vs. publicly traded) company this would be possible, but now Disney executives must convince investors that the stock will become more valuable. I would rather see more excellent and unique Magic Kingdom parks all over, than see Disney executives trying to suck more and more money out of the guests at their current parks.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    ". . .stop trying to be a growth company"?! If it were a privately held (vs. publicly traded) company this would be possible, but now Disney executives must convince investors that the stock will become more valuable
    Not all companies promise themselves as growth companies. You can provide shareholder value through other ways such as dividends and other means.

The term 'growth company' exists because it is ONE CLASSIFICATION - not the only.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Tucson, Arizona, but I wish I was in Philly, PA

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFL View Post
    ok, so apparently the Universal and Busch plans have been cancelled in Dubai...I'm not surprised
    I read that they were suspended due to the world economy meltdown, and there is also going to be a SeaWorld and Atlantis built. So the only other location that I can see having a Disney park, but it probably wouldn't be opened till 2030, is Dubai.

I will be at DisneyWorld on April 29, 2011-May 4, 2011. If You Are Going The Same Time Message Me

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1994 View Post
    Disney could come to Vancouver!

I can dream right?
    Actually, Disney should have built their purposed Port Disney park in Vancouver! That would be so cool!
    -Tyler

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Having spent many years in India, I can tell you that while it would be CRITICAL for Disney to fully study the culture before making a move, India would be a MUCH easier market to break into than China. There are more English speakers in India than in the United States and they have a greater familiarity with US style entertainment. While India has its own strong culture, they also love American entertainment. So long as their own culture was woven into the park (food, morals, music, style of dress) Disney could make a real go of an Indian park.

Much of India is very 3rd world with poverty everywhere. However, India also has a huge upper class and a growing middle class (you can partially thank the outsourcing of American jobs for that). While most Indians would never be able to afford a Disney vacation, many millions would.

India is a big country, but most of it is very hot and humid in the Summer - think Orlando, but fairly nice in the winter. If Disney were to choose a coastal spot in the South - perhaps near Goa - they could create quite a lovely tourist destination and cruise line port. The alternative would be to build in the mountains (hill stations) of the North which are much cooler throughout the year.

India would be a very ripe market and is popular tourist destination for many Europeans, who already flock to india looking for a mystical/spiritual vacation.

The big downsides are terrible pollution, rampant corruption, terrorism, horrid transportation system, and unreliable utilities (electrical, water, and communications). It would certainly require that Disney create and control all of those elements in the resort district and help build an airport nearby.

Should Disney go this route, they should give me a call. I'm an expert on both India and Disney and personally well aware of the risks and rewards of this magical/tragical country.

This will be an interesting story to watch develop.

-Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Future Imagineer! =D

Disney just needs to quit building Disney parks all over the world. What is already here is enough! They will become unspecial and become nasty like stupid Six Flags. They won't be one of a kind anymore
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Future Imagineer! =D

Instead of building more Disney parks they should use to money to correct the Disney parks they messed up, for example- California Adventure, some of the parks at WDW, and I heard Disneyland Paris needs some help too along with Disney Hong Kong, but I think in order to change Disneyland Hong Kong it needs to be approved by the government and all that
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ryno1986 View Post
    /\
    Where do you get this information? I don't see it with Tokyo Disney Resort next door.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Having spent many years in India, I can tell you that while it would be CRITICAL for Disney to fully study the culture before making a move, India would be a MUCH easier market to break into than China. There are more English speakers in India than in the United States and they have a greater familiarity with US style entertainment. While India has its own strong culture, they also love American entertainment. So long as their own culture was woven into the park (food, morals, music, style of dress) Disney could make a real go of an Indian park.

Much of India is very 3rd world with poverty everywhere. However, India also has a huge upper class and a growing middle class (you can partially thank the outsourcing of American jobs for that). While most Indians would never be able to afford a Disney vacation, many millions would.

India is a big country, but most of it is very hot and humid in the Summer - think Orlando, but fairly nice in the winter. If Disney were to choose a coastal spot in the South - perhaps near Goa - they could create quite a lovely tourist destination and cruise line port. The alternative would be to build in the mountains (hill stations) of the North which are much cooler throughout the year.

India would be a very ripe market and is popular tourist destination for many Europeans, who already flock to india looking for a mystical/spiritual vacation.

The big downsides are terrible pollution, rampant corruption, terrorism, horrid transportation system, and unreliable utilities (electrical, water, and communications). It would certainly require that Disney create and control all of those elements in the resort district and help build an airport nearby.

Should Disney go this route, they should give me a call. I'm an expert on both India and Disney and personally well aware of the risks and rewards of this magical/tragical country.

This will be an interesting story to watch develop.

-Dusty
    I think it will be India next, too. But that's my own speculation.

• Banned User

The Moon.

• Banned User

Disneyland in India? Aladdin's palace?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast