Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Re: After Shanghaî, what other destinations for future Disney theme parks?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Canada's too cold, WorldDisney points out why Australia may not work.

I don't think Africa or South America will get one any time soon.

So the only place left is Hawaii, where they're building a resort hotel. It might be able to support a boutique park of sorts, perhaps a Disney water park?
    Well in Vancouver its not horribly cold there ever, I think Canada definitely could support a Disney park.
    -Tyler

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1994 View Post
    Well in Vancouver its not horribly cold there ever, I think Canada definitely could support a Disney park.
    Vancouver is a beautiful city, but there's no reason to build a regular Disney park there with the small population of the country and two others just across the border in a country with the same language where Candians can travel with practically no visa requirements. Wouldn't make any business sense. Now a small-scale one, like the ski-resort Walt thought about for Mineral King, that might work well in British Columbia.
    Down with the Hat

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

How about we open a half day park called "B.C.A."

It would be cool to have a Ski-resort or a Disneysea kind of park.
    -Tyler

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

/\
    Still thinking Canada? Will the Vancouver Olympics leave behind a big space to fill?

• Infinitized!

Why not the Greater Vancouver area (Fraser Valley)? We've hosted Expo 86, we're hosting the Winter Olympics. Vancouver's got an international airport with the only LRT/subway system in Canada linking the airport to downtown and with the Skytrain line out to Surrey. It would bring much needed jobs to the province. And, who says it's too cold? The Greater Vancouver area (i.e. Fraser Valley, i.e. Lower Mainland) is comparable to Tokyo and warmer than Paris. And three other reasons to bring a Disneyland to BC
    1) Disney Cruise line establishing itself in Vancouver
    2) Pixar Studio in Vancouver
    3) Club Penguin headquartered in Kelowna

In addition to proposing a park in BC, way back in the early 80s, it was rumoured that Disney was shopping for land in the province to possibly build a park. If I recall they were interested in some land on Vancouver Island near Qualicum.

• ...is busy, please hold.

^I can see it now Barbossa!

Disneyland Canada in all its glory."Main Street B.C." could have the O Canada cine-vision film playing in the cinema.Pocahontas could have own castle, Frontierland could be retrofitted to the Canadian wild, Tomorrowland could be solely themed around the CANADARM.Adventueland could have a Dominican Republic theme(as it's the cheapest place to vacation in Canada). Outside the park there would be a great fountain like Disneysea's, though it would be 4 Mickeys atop a giant maple leaf. Dressed as a Mountie, a Protodger, a Hockey player and an Indian Chief.Small World could depict Canadians with beady eyes, bodies made of basic shapes and over sized Pac-Man like heads(a la South Park).

Oh, I let the stereotypes begin!

PS. Look out for Scott, he's a dick!
    Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
    Think of it as a third arm that magically
    shoots bullets!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post

In addition to proposing a park in BC, way back in the early 80s, it was rumoured that Disney was shopping for land in the province to possibly build a park. If I recall they were interested in some land on Vancouver Island near Qualicum.
    Do you mean near Parksville?

• Infinitized!

Do you mean near Parksville?
    Well Parksville is just south of Qualicum (a quick 10 min drive), but I do remember it as being Qualicum.

I think I was in grade 2 and we were supposed to bring newsarticles to class (I grew up in Port Alberni, just 30 mins from Qualicum). One of the girls brought this article about Disney shopping for land on the eastern side of the island around the Qualicum area. I remember it vividly as we all got exicited that we may be getting a Disney park.

• Pongo is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by dead_Mau5 View Post

:O

Who are you calling friend guy?

one hundred and one

Australia. I already designed it. I don't care what people here say that is my dream in life right now to grow up and let my vision become reality just like Walt did.

• Infinitized!

Disneyland Canada in all its glory."Main Street B.C." could have the O Canada cine-vision film playing in the cinema.
    I was thinking Main Street could be themed to Vancouver's East Hasting's Street, but I guess that wouldn'y go well with the Disney image.Actually, East Hastings was a very beautiful street at the turn of the 20th century, but the downtown core moved west, and sadly the druggies moved in.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

Canada's too cold, WorldDisney points out why Australia may not work.

I don't think Africa or South America will get one any time soon.

So the only place left is Hawaii, where they're building a resort hotel. It might be able to support a boutique park of sorts, perhaps a Disney water park?
    Canada's problem is not the cold... Here in Kelowna, the average mean temperature is 82 degrees. The problem is the population scarcity. California has a rough population of 36.8 million while canada as a whole has 33.7 million. Of course, if they put it here and considered cross border visiters from Seattle, the numbers look better.

Disneyland Canada in all its glory."Main Street B.C." could have the O Canada cine-vision film playing in the cinema.Pocahontas could have own castle, Frontierland could be retrofitted to the Canadian wild, Tomorrowland could be solely themed around the CANADARM.Adventueland could have a Dominican Republic theme(as it's the cheapest place to vacation in Canada). Outside the park there would be a great fountain like Disneysea's, though it would be 4 Mickeys atop a giant maple leaf. Dressed as a Mountie, a Protodger, a Hockey player and an Indian Chief.Small World could depict Canadians with beady eyes, bodies made of basic shapes and over sized Pac-Man like heads(a la South Park).

Oh, I let the stereotypes begin!

Lets go for it. Firstly, Pocahontis was from America. Tommorowland could feature Canadian inventions such as the light bulb, the zipper, the black box, the antigravity suit, IMAX, the pace maker, the walkie talkie, world peace, time, the blackberry, java language, sonar and the pacemaker! Talk about exciting stuff.

From there down, all the ideas are pretty darn good, except for the Dominican Republic thing, I dont get that. I would have assumed that Mexico was the most common holiday location.
    Last edited by Trevor; 12-11-2009 at 07:45 AM.

• Disneyland fan!

After Tokyo Disney in 1983; 9 years later we got Euro Disney in 1992; followed by Hong Kong Disneyland, 13 years later in 2005. It seems that we have had a new international destination every decade or so. Shanghai Disneyland is expected to open in 6 or 7 years, 2016, that would put it 11 years after Hong Kong Disneyland opened.

I would expect that we will see Shanghai Disney in 2016, followed by a park in India 10 to 15 years after. Brazil seems a likely place a decade or so after India. Brazilians with money can go to Walt Disney World, average middle class Brazilians can't afford to travel so far, plus Argentina and the rest of South America has a large population with a growing middle class. Wealthy enough to go to a local Disneyland, not wealthy enough to travel thousands of miles to do so.

Plus, don't'forget adding parks to existing resort destinations. Disneyland Resort in Anaheim hopefully will see a third park sometime within the next decade or two. Walt Disney World can easily fit two more theme parks. Disneyland Paris Resort has room for at least one more theme park, bringing the total there to three parks. Hong Kong Disneyland Resort is planned to have a second park, the landfill is already taking place. The Oriental Land Company has talked about the possibility of adding a Disney Theme Park in southern Japan, away from Tokyo Disney. Then at Shanghai Disney, there can easily be 3 theme parks. Once India and Brazil are developed with one park at the beginning, India has the population to add two more parks to it's resort, Brazil's Disney Resort one more park. If all this came to pass over the rest of the 21st century, there would be 15 additional Disney Theme Parks in the world. 26 Disney Theme Parks world wide, including the 11 current parks. I'm not talking water parks, each resort can have that too, I'm talking major theme parks.

I'd love to see each of these resorts feature a Magic Kingdom / Disneyland Theme Park, similar yet unique to the others, the same way the current Disneyland Parks are similar yet unique. I'd like other companion theme parks at these Disney resorts to be completely differant to what one can find anywhere else. Plus add unique resorts, water parks and the obligatory Downtown Disney.

I also want to see every Disney Theme Park realized to it's best potential. Each park has to be lovingly tended to and expanded over the years. Tony Baxter once said, "when we do anything, we need to make it special" he also said, "When we replace or refurbish something, we need to make it better than what there was before." Walt Disney said, "We need to keep plussing, making it better year after year."

Fix the current parks, add international parks for the global middle class who will never be able to go to America, Japan or Europe, but can afford to go to a Disney Park that's in their own region of the world. Then keep plussing, keep adding and making each location better, unique, bigger. This is what Disney needs to do for the remainder of the 21st century. This will keep all us future and armchair imagineers busy for a long time.

Oh, what about the floating Disney Theme Park proposal? This Theme Park on a converted oil tanker can visit Australia, South Africa, The Middle East, South Asia, Europe's North Sea, The Mediteranian, Central America AND Canada's east and west coast! All the locations too far for an easy day trip to a Disney Theme Park.
    Gullywhumper is back on the Rivers of America!

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    Lets go for it. Firstly, Pocahontis was from America. Tommorowland could feature Canadian inventions such as the light bulb, the zipper, the black box, the antigravity suit, IMAX, the pace maker, the walkie talkie, world peace, time, the blackberry, java language, sonar and the pacemaker! Talk about exciting stuff.
    Don't forget about the CanadaArm. One whole land in the park could be devoted to Club Penguin! Afterall, it was started here in Kelowna.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast