Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Bangarang!

Re: Shanghai Disneyland

Can't really see them using Sleeping Beauty Castle again either. Or Cindy's either for that matter.

Although I can't see them directly cloning Le Chateau de la Belle au Bois Dorment, I think its style is certainly worth them looking at.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Watch Your Language

OK..

how about this one? This castle is found in Dalian, China.

and how about another one from Dalian Discovery Kingdom (or Kingdom of Discovery), Dalian, China as well:

and official website of Dalian Discoveryland (or kingdom of discovery)

This is a Disney Knock off at Dalian, China. They have at least another knock off at Beijing as well (Beijing's Shijingshan Amusement Park)
    Just to name a few...
    Last edited by HongKongDisneyland; 07-25-2009 at 07:50 AM.

• Banned User

Why would you build a castle that is in China? Guest don't come to see a fake castle when they can see a REAL castle in the area.

• Bangarang!

Yup, that'll do!

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

If Disney does it right, they should charge lower than HK for admissions if they want the people to come to the park. Assuming there is hardly any attractions. Given that Shanghai wealth is less than Hong Kong it can get away with it since there is more people in the area.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mclubber View Post
    If Disney does it right, they should charge lower than HK for admissions if they want the people to come to the park. Assuming there is hardly any attractions. Given that Shanghai wealth is less than Hong Kong it can get away with it since there is more people in the area.
    Not to be rude at all, but I think Disney is smarter then you, and me, and all of us, and know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Not to be rude at all, but I think Disney is smarter then you, and me, and all of us, and know what they are doing.
    It's just a corporation... let's not put it on some unimaginably high pedestal.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mclubber View Post
    The concentration of wealth in the Shanghai area will grow exponentially over the coming years, as it has done in the past two decades. I think there is sufficient wealth there now to support a Disney park at normal ticket prices since a disproportionate part of the mainland's newly affluent middle class live in that area.
    Down with the Hat

• Watch Your Language

News update on the status of "Shanghai Disneyland"...

5th August 2009

Shanghai’s mayor also said he is still awaiting final approval from the central government for a $3.59 billion Walt Disney Co. theme park to be built in the city. Disney and Shanghai reached an agreement in January, almost three years after Mayor Han said in March 2006 that Shanghai was making “preliminary preparations” to build a theme park.

“We’ve been in love with each other for many years and we have a very strong commitment to each other but we don’t know when the wedding will become a reality,” Han said.

Disney opened a theme park in Hong Kong in September 2005. During its first three years of operation, Hong Kong Disneyland has averaged 4.5 million to 4.6 million visitors a year, Helen Chan, an economist for the city government, told lawmakers last month. That compares with an initial target for the park to draw 4.2 million to 5.6 million visitors a year, Chan said.
    Source : Bloomberg

another news related to Hong Kong...

4th August 2009

Although Shanghai tourist numbers bound for Hong Kong increased in July, they were well down compared to the same vacation period last year, city immigration police said yesterday.

Tourists leaving Shanghai in July were about 40 percent more than those in June, but still about 30 percent less than July 2008, officials said.

"Many parents took their children to Hong Kong last month," said Wang Danlin, an official with the police.

Tour agencies said Hong Kong's scenic spots, such as Disneyland and Ocean Park, were attractive to children, while women found it a shopping paradise.

The tourism market, however, is still adversely affected by the global financial downturn and the spread of the A-H1N1 virus.

Some luxury hotels in Hong Kong will provide about 30 percent discounts on rooms.

"Usually Hong Kong-bound tour packages are more expensive in the summer, but this year is an exception," said Dong Ming, deputy general manager of Jinjiang International Travel Service Co Ltd.
    Source : EastDay

--------------------

I have read an article on the internet that building a Disney Theme Park in Mainland is becoming a Political Issue due to the fact that Hong Kong SAR is very important to China......

that's why the approval process takes so long.

well, let's wait and see how it goes.
    Last edited by HongKongDisneyland; 08-05-2009 at 04:33 AM.

Thanks for the news HongKongDisneyland. Im getting very anxious to see construction starting! I will be in heaven the day the concept designs are released. Even if its good or bad, a unique Magic Kingdom is a great Magic Kingdom.
    -Tyler

• Minion

This is what I would like to see entering Shanghai's Magic Kingdom...the castle from Rapunzel, or something like it, viewed across a body of water...a layout very similar to Mt Prometheus at Tokyo DisneySea. Just as at TDS, the mountain could house a large ride. Imagine if this kind of a castle had been built in HK, with real hills in the background...

Down with the Hat

• Drink life to the lees.

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    This is what I would like to see entering Shanghai's Magic Kingdom...the castle from Rapunzel, or something like it, viewed across a body of water...a layout very similar to Mt Prometheus at Tokyo DisneySea. Just as at TDS, the mountain could house a large ride. Imagine if this kind of a castle had been built in HK, with real hills in the background...

I love it!!!!
    Now what ride should we put inside.....

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by stitchrulz View Post
    I love it!!!!
    Now what ride should we put inside.....
    Personally I would love to see a Sleeping Beauty ride, with a climactic encounter with a giant dragon animatronic. The artwork for Rapunzel has been beautiful and I'm sure it could inspire a great ride too...and we will see how King of Elves turns out.
    Down with the Hat

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post

It would be perfect! A few years after Rapunzel opens in theaters!! That would be the greatest!!
    -Tyler

• HKDL fan

Beijing yet to approve Disney's Shanghai park: report
    (AFP) 53 minutes ago
    SHANGHAI Plans to build mainland China's first Disneyland park in Shanghai have yet to be given the go ahead by the central government, state media reported on Monday.
    Walt Disney Co and Shanghai's government have agreed on major issues in building the park, the official Shanghai Securities News reported, while the US firm said in January it would be submitting a joint application to Beijing.
    However, the paper, citing Liu Zhengyi, a vice head of Shanghai's Pudong district, said it had still not been given final approval.
    Disney officials were not immediately available for comment on Monday.
    The company has been in talks with Chinese officials for a decade about building a large theme park and hotel complex in the southern part of the Pudong district in China's economic hub and largest city.
    No timetable has been given for the park, but previous reports had said officials hoped it could open as early as 2014.
    Meanwhile, Disney has stepped up promotional campaigns for its Hong Kong resort with massive billboards inside Shanghai metro stations.
    State media has reported previously that Disney's Shanghai theme park could be eight times the size of its underperforming resort in Hong Kong, which is 52-percent government owned.
    Copyright 2009 AFP. All rights reserved

Good News ! ! !
    My Web Site - RedBubble Site

~ Going to HKDL in 2015 [10th Anniversary] ~

Looking Forward To HKDL's Expansion

akaytrinity.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast