Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Shanghai Disneyland

Has anyone seen concept designs for Shanghai Disneyland? If not, will concept designs be released soon? What does everybody expect the sixth Disneyland style park to have?? A Pirates Lair?? Haunted Mansion?? Will it be completely unique from Anahiem?

ADMIN NOTE:
    Shanghai Disneyland has now been officially announced. A new Shanghai Disneyland section has been added to MiceChat here: http://micechat.com/forums/shanghai-disneyland/
    Last edited by Dustysage; 11-04-2009 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Admin Note Added
    -Tyler

• Not here to help

Re: Shanghai Disneyland

The form of the park will most likely have just as wide walkways as TDL. It could be a very crowded park if they do it the way it should be done.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

I only know rubbish ,sputum,bad manners are part of the SHDL concept art!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Has this even been officially announced? I bet once the WDC announces it, we'll see concept art. But, from what the rumors are, it's sure to be MUCH larger than HKDL. We'll wait and see though I guess.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Im pretty positive that Shanghai Disneyland will be built this time.

I am excited to see some concept art released, I heard that it will have a lot of Pixar characters, and a Pirate Lair.
    -Tyler

• Not here to help

They spit, shout and donīt speak a word of english. When it comes to behaviour they have totelly different "rules" than in the rest oof the world.

Some pics of the area:

Shanghai Disneyland - photographed, reviewed and rated by The Theme Park Guy

Here is a video of what to expect that most of you have seen. It is from a Japanese tv station (we know they love Disneyland/Sea in Japan).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83K7bWvkHhg]YouTube - Beijing Dismeyland Resort ??????? beijing Disneyland[/ame]

That park in Beijing was a joke! The definition of a Disney knock-off.

I am so excited for Shanghai Disneyland!
    -Tyler

• Disgruntled Former CM

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    They spit, shout and donīt speak a word of english. When it comes to behaviour they have totelly different "rules" than in the rest oof the world. (sic)

Wow.

I have noted that the Americans at the Disneyland Resort spit, shout, and don't speak a word of Mandarin - so I guess that makes us all "even". As I don't read any of the Chinese dialects, I can only guess that they are better at spelling and punctuation than - uh - some of "us"...
    "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

I don't mean this to be at all racist or an unfair generalisation but I visited Shanghai last year and I must say the locals seem to have a severe lack of respect when it comes to lines. Numerous times when we were lining up for food or checking in at the airport or hotels people would ignore the sometimes long lines and just walk straight to the front of the counter. And what drove us all mad was the people behind the desks would usually just serve them instead of asking them to join the back of the line! This makes me worry about how Shanghai Disneyland will operate! I'm sure Disney staff will be trained to make sure people are forming proper lines but I can see major chaos happening all over the place from people trying to get around them. And yeah I'm aware Disneylands have barracades and such but so did the airport and that didn't seem to do any good.

That being said the idea of a full size new Disneyland being built is very exciting! Especially being so close to me in Australia...I'd still prefer it built here though! We have a lack of Disney magic in this country! And a lack of any sort of good theme park!

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen View Post
    Wow.

I have noted that the Americans at the Disneyland Resort spit, shout, and don't speak a word of Mandarin - so I guess that makes us all "even". As I don't read any of the Chinese dialects, I can only guess that they are better at spelling and punctuation than - uh - some of "us"...
    Ever been in China?
    Do people spit in the restaurants and in the malls in America? They do in China.
    It is not like in Hong Kong or Tokyo, where people tend be respectful in an other way than in Cina. It is not that anybody is better than the other. Some people just donīt like that kind of behaviour.
    You will see when you get there.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 07-03-2009 at 08:07 AM.

• Bangarang!

They spit, shout and donīt speak a word of english. When it comes to behaviour they have totelly different "rules" than in the rest oof the world.

Some pics of the area:

Shanghai Disneyland - photographed, reviewed and rated by The Theme Park Guy

Here is a video of what to expect that most of you have seen. It is from a Japanese tv station (we know they love Disneyland/Sea in Japan).

YouTube - Beijing Dismeyland Resort ??????? beijing Disneyland
    I wonder if part of the delay with Shanghai Disneyland is the negotiations over that abomination. If I were the Mouse I'd have a clause in the contract that stipulates it gets shut down, or at the very least have it remove every single copyright infringement.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    I wonder if part of the delay with Shanghai Disneyland is the negotiations over that abomination. If I were the Mouse I'd have a clause in the contract that stipulates it gets shut down, or at the very least have it remove every single copyright infringement.
    In China there is no respect for the copyright laws. The people that copy Disney say that their Mickey is not a copy since it is a big eared cat. This had ledd to a widespread idea that Mickey Mouse is not a mouse but a... big eared cat.
    The cope market in China is HUGE and there is not much Disney can do about it. Since SHDL will be way too expensive for many in China I hope that atleast that fake Disneyland can live on as a standard themepark without all the "Disney" in it. Disney should compete with solid rides and lands that look awesome.

• Bangarang!

Disney should compete with solid rides and lands that look awesome.
    Which they should be able to do with out much bother. It just worries me that this park still exists and so many will go (especially if Shanghai does work out ok) and think its the real deal.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Minion

Designing a park to "weather" a particular audience is an interesting topic for discussion.

I must have grown up in a sheltered bubble of genteel people (NJ), because I remember visiting WDW as a kid being appalled after seeing some people stick their chewing gum on the queue railings at certain rides.

Later, I visited DLP and witnessed parents encouraging their children to defecate in the shrubs on Adventure Isle, and I remember thinking that these standards of behavior make my fellow Americans look great.

From what I understand, the Japanese are at the top of the behavior scale, making wear&tear on TDR parks much more manageable (DLP was built with TDS-level detailing but has suffered a lot of abuse).

From what I'm hearing, the mainland Chinese may be as tough on their SDL as the Europeans are on DLP.

Of course, there are ways to design a theme park that address this problem.

In China there is no respect for the copyright laws. The people that copy Disney say that their Mickey is not a copy since it is a big eared cat. This had ledd to a widespread idea that Mickey Mouse is not a mouse but a... big eared cat.
    The cope market in China is HUGE and there is not much Disney can do about it. Since SHDL will be way too expensive for many in China I hope that atleast that fake Disneyland can live on as a standard themepark without all the "Disney" in it. Disney should compete with solid rides and lands that look awesome.
    Since China has joined the WTO, they are suppose to enforce their copyright rules or else they usually would face tariffs/trade restriction or some trade war if they do nothing about it. I am quite sure China is doing something about copyrights but their legal protection is far below standards compared to Hong Kong law which uses the British common law system.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast