再曝新進展。上海浦東新區部分職能部門上周收到與迪士尼項目有關的上層文件,要求就該項目
    推進展開全面配合。有分析人士表示,這意味著上海迪士尼已經進入明確公布的最後準備期。
      報道引述權威消息人士表示,迪士尼項目已經板上釘釘,地址確在川沙新鎮黃樓區域。該人
    士透露,迪士尼項目的審批工作一直在走「規定流程」,並且已獲得國家有關方面的會議通過。
    現在是流程的最終一步,即國家最高決策部門進行最後審議。
      專家介紹,上海迪士尼項目的遊樂場部分佔地約8平方公里,周邊配有超大面積的輻射配套
    區,將成為拉動浦東甚至上海經濟的重要引擎。

Translation:

According to confidential documents released last week for Shanghai Disneyland, it is pending the final approval from Central Chinese Government. They request all relevant parties to cooperate for further advancement of the project.

Some analysts said that this means that Shanghai is preparing for the announcement of Disneyland pretty soon.

The report quoted an authoritative source said that the Disney project in Shanghai is firm , the location is indeed in Chuansha Huang Liu, New Town area.

Source : etnet
    Last edited by HongKongDisneyland; 09-10-2009 at 12:26 AM.

Re: Clock is ticking, counting down to the announcement of Shanghai Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongDisneyland View Post
    上海迪士尼項目的遊樂場部分佔地約8平方公里
    The park will be 8km square!? Or did they mean the resort?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Isn't that what Disney said in '98 to HK Gov't? "The resort will be huge" with 9 themed lands? (my dad still has that newspaper).

• Minion

It's looking more and more like a definite go: (i) the money sheets are already talking park financing details (which banks will make the loans); (ii) Iger handily acknowledged its development during the hilarious Robin Williams Legend acceptance speech (see Youtube); and (iii) compensation offers are being presented to the villagers who live on the site.

It feels like an official announcement will come shortly, hopefully with lots of exciting artwork.

• Minion

By Greg Pro, the same artist who did the Fantasyland Expansion painting.

• De la Terre la Luke

Quote Originally Posted by RandySavage View Post

Beautiful painting, it looks like no other Disney park yet! I can't wait to hear more about this park...

• Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by RandySavage View Post

yes, the painting is beautiful but....it reminds me of some Disney rip-off at Mainland China or something in Shenzhen.....

thank goodness, they are actually giving HKDL some breathing space.

Is there anyway we could get an announcement for this or some Concept Art when Disney's fiscal year starts on October 1st?

• Banned User

Is that concept art real? When did Disney release it?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Is that concept art real? When did Disney release it?
    I think that's just a random painting, which happens to be by the same artist who painted the Fantasyland expansion. There's been no concept art released or leaked to my knowledge.
    Down with the Hat

• Minion

^ Pretty much. It's from Greg Pro's blog and labeled "for a confidential project." He's done work for WDI, Landmark, Universal Creative, etc.. It could be for anything... potentially SDL...

WDI tells Pro... we want a castle embedded in a mountain as the centerpiece... some Mayan temple here, a peak with waterfalls here, a pirate lagoon here, etc.

Similar elements are included in the (un)"official" SDL concept art.

• Minion

^^ Although Disney released the above image we don't know if it has anything to do with Shanghai. But if we look closely many of the lands are similar to existing ones like a Little Mermaid area at far left and an Indy area in the top right. So if SDL did turn out something like this...I don't anyone would be surprised...but we don't know that yet.

Personally my guess is that the big draw for the new park will be the Pirate flume ride that HKDL execs are rumored to have rejected. Another guess is that the Fantasyland expansion for MK may be the template for the one at SDL...with heavy emphasis on princesses, and most likely including newer characters like Rapunzel. And of a final guess (but likely surety) is more Pixarification than ever. An interesting thing to see will be whether the recent Marvel acquisition would have any footprint in the park. My feeling is that, not at first, but we shall eventually see that happening.
    Down with the Hat

• Minion

^All true.

In the above, the water features superimposed within the park boundaries, seems to corroborate the Annual Report artwork.

Shanghai Disneyland still in negotiations

So much slightly conflicting info-- my gut tells me this still has another couple months before it gets announced.

At least now Shanghai Disney station is on the Maglev line. That's good!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast