Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Candidate for Shanghai Disney's Castle

Can poor Snow White have a castle now?

Anything beside Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella would be great.

• Just this guy......

If I get a vote I also say that it should be a totally new castle. I really don't care which one.

• Banned User

I definitly think the repunzel castle would be amazing. I love how it is situated atop the village. plus it is a well known fairy tale, and the timing is right with the new movie coming out.

• Candlelight Caroler

Wow, it appears that surrounding property is already starting to be sold at a premium. It is another Disneyland!

CCTV interview: Future Disney park ignites Shanghai property sector CCTV-International

• is poppin' tags

I think Beast's castle is absolutely beautiful. I would love, love, love to be able to enter it. Imagine that walk-thru!!! With Cogsworth and Lumiere? AWESOME!

The architecture of Beast's castle is very different from all the others so it would certainly be memorable.

I am apprehensive about the Repunzal castle being the focal point for a park. While the concept art shown was stunning, we haven't even seen the film yet. What if it doesn't have the 'staying-power' to match Beauty & the Beast or Cinderella? What if it's lame?

Belle needs a freakin' castle!
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Beauty and the Beast won the Oscar, they earned the place of honor.

Castle Doom from the newest Disney family member, Dr.Victor Von Doom.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Five-Legged Goat

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Can poor Snow White have a castle now?
    I second this. I think Snow White should finally get a castle. The castle shown in the Rapunzel concept art is beautiful, but Rapunzel is much more of an unknown quantity -- both the Disney character and the original story -- than Snow White.

And Snow White's castle wouldn't actually have to look like the castle from the movie -- Cinderella's and Sleeping Beauty's castles don't much resemble their counterparts from the movies. They could easily do a castle that looks like more like Beast's or Rapunzel's castle, and just call it Snow White Castle. It could visually tie into scenes from the movie by having a central courtyard with a wishing well and a velvet-draped window for the Queen to peer out of.

• ...is busy, please hold.

Rapunzel's Castle seems the most logical choice.
    As for Beast's Castle, that deserves roost in DLP. I find it idiotic that it wasn't built, here we have the park opening in spring of '92 with BatB taking box office success the proceeding Christmas. Eisner was all about propaganda in the parks...
    *cough*Tough to be a Bug*cough*
    ...so why couldn't it be built in Paris?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It would have been too much like the real castles that are all accross France.

They picked, rightly, a fantasy castle. I think they should make Shanghai's castle fantastical too.

But they don't have to worry about their local audience already having real castles in their backyard.

• Dreamer

Randy, I was wondering, are you going to 'put together' your own Shanghai Disney Resort?

To me a Rapunzel castle does seem like the most obvious choice, and those of you who think that naming the castle as her's before seeing how successful the movie will be should take a look at Disneyland. Disneyland opened with the Sleeping Beauty castle in 1955, 4 years before the movie was even released in 1959! Of course Walt did this to give the movie a push, allowing the excitement building around Disneyland to fuel excitement for his next big movie.

BUT (to contradict what I just said) I don't think this would be Disney's plan this time. First of all, I don't see the Disney company we know today taking that sort of risk. Also, a castle being built in China won't have the same impact on the American movie-going audience as the one in California. The general American public won't really care about a Disneyland somewhere in China as opposed to the excitement over The first Disneyland being built in their own country back in 1955.

Saying that, given China's enormous population it would work well to advertise the movie in China at least and push it's overall success there....

So I'm stumped... I doubt it'll happen.

I vote Snow White, can't go wrong with a classic.

• Minion

^^ I did read that (Anaheim) Disneyland's castle was supposed to be Snow White's, but that Walt changed the name to Sleeping Beauty to tie in with the upcoming release of that movie. And if you think about it, the simple style of the castle is much more reminiscent of Snow White than the ornate settings of Sleeping Beauty.
    Down with the Hat

• Minion

ORWEN: I think Disneyland's castle in Anaheim looks a lot more like it came from Sleeping Beauty than Snow White. The castle in Snow White was dark and forboding because the wicked queen took over the place. The castle at then end of the movie, which belongs to Snow White's prince, is yellow/gold in color, whereas Sleeping Beauty's Castle was gray and white with red rooves. It more closely resembles the caste at Disneyland, in my opinion. And since Snow white has a dark ride and a wishing well, Princess Aurora deserves some recognition, too. I'm glad they went with Sleeping Beauty's Castle right from the start.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12