View Poll Results: Which of these do you want to see built at Shanghai Disneyland?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Disneyland Hotel. (as in Anaheim's, Tokyo's, Paris's or Hong Kong's)

38 40.86%
  • An original hotel design.

37 39.78%
  • An Islands of Adventure style layout for the Magic Kingdom park.

22 23.66%
  • The usual hub and spokes design for the Magic Kingdom park.

40 43.01%
  • Rapunzel's Castle.

14 15.05%
  • Sleeping Beauty's Castle.

5 5.38%
  • Cinderella's Castle.

4 4.30%
  • Many new, original rides. (please post ideas here)

52 55.91%
  • The Beast's Castle.

47 50.54%
  • ONLY original rides and shows. (everything is new, no clones at all)

12 12.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Pumpkin Dragon

Re: What should be built at Shanghai Disneyland?

What should be built?

Well, A haunted Mansion with Chinese theme (and following a undead mini chinese dragon ) Space, Splash, and Big Thunder type mountains, Jungle Cruise....

List goes on and on, but NEVER EVER SMALL WORLD! Really, it sucks, nothing matches up and the song...THE SONG! Its annoying, espcally if your stuck. Stuck 15 minutes on small world = Small World song stuck in your head for 15 years.

My two cents
    FantasmicDragon
    STOP CHEWING MY SHOELACES! D:

Ahh! The project is on fire! D:
    This fire has delayed our signature redesigning, Excuse the smoke...and the burnt pixie dust...
    I SUPPORT THE RETURN OF THE HATBOX GHOST!

I KNOW!Not build it at all

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I have to disagree 300% with you on that one, FantasmicDragon and Twist1234. I usually will go on it's a small world 2-5 times each visit (1 day, as I'm a local AP). I LOVE the song, too- classic Sherman Brothers' genius! I seriously don't see why people "hate" the song. Or the ride, for that matter.

I just had to comment on that. I can't stand it when people bash a timeless classic (that ALWAYS has a sizable line, BTW- rainy and off season days notwithstanding).

• Pongo is my hero.

DCA

Disney's
    Chinese
    Adventure

one hundred and one

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    I have to disagree 300% with you on that one, FantasmicDragon and Twist1234. I usually will go on it's a small world 2-5 times each visit (1 day, as I'm a local AP). I LOVE the song, too- classic Sherman Brothers' genius! I seriously don't see why people "hate" the song. Or the ride, for that matter.

I just had to comment on that. I can't stand it when people bash a timeless classic (that ALWAYS has a sizable line, BTW- rainy and off season days notwithstanding).
    I agree...the innocence, joyfulness, inventiveness, attention to detail, gentle visual gags...these for me are quintessential classic Disney. I generally visit either DL or MK once a year and for me, a trip to either park would not be complete without a ride on IASW. And I like the song
    Down with the Hat

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

tasman:

lol

What are you talking about i love small world!

• The Study of Wumbo

I'll be fourth to disagree there. "it's a small world" is probably the most charming attraction in the parks. I'd hate to see it excluded entirely. Plus, isn't it the only attraction that's in every Magic Kingdom-style park? If you don't count HKDL's coming Mystic Manor as a Haunted Mansion.

I think it would make sense to have a Rapunzel Castle, historically. Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland was named for the movie that came two years after DL's opening, right?

I wouldn't mind a re-imagining of the park layout. I'd like to see what the Imagineers did with that. Closer to DisneySEA would be optimal if not the hub-and-spoke.

For a Tomorrowland, I like the 1994 Magic Kingdom version (for the storyline,) but I really can't see one fitting into Shanghai. Maybe it would be better to go the route of Discoveryland?

Any which way, I would like to see something unique from HKDL. I see Hong Kong Disneyland as kind of a Disneyland Lite, and I don't feel it's so unique, (no offense to anyone.) That will change some with the expansion, but I know Walt wouldn't want Imagineers just copying the past, he'd want them moving on.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• All-American

Here's how I'd like to see Shanghai Disneyland, in a nutshell:

The park would have the hybrid around-the-lagoon/hub-and-spoke layout, like Tokyo DisneySea.

Instead of having Main Street USA, the park would have an exotic-styled entrance, perhaps Arabian, or an exotic-fantasy styled entrance like at Universal's Islands of Adventure (some pics).

The hub would be lush and on a lagoon, but with an castle on a hill based on one's that never been done before. Maybe Rapunzel, Snow White or Beauty and the Beast.

Tomorrowland would be replaced with a sci-fi-city styled land that would be themed to be the home of all of the Marvel superheroes and the Incredibles.

Fantasyland would be inspired by Chinese fantasies instead, with a number of dark rides inspired by Chinese fairy-tales, with a small European village as a sub-land to hold any of the classic Fantasyland dark rides.

Frontierland would remain with an American focus, but would be inspired by "storybook"/Western movie interpretations of the Old West, in the way Paris' Fantasyland was inspired by European fairy-tales. Since the average Chinese guest would have no exposure to the actual American west, Frontierland would be based off the way Chinese people might dream it was like.

Adventureland would remain pretty much the same; I'm pretty sure this concept is exotic enough to apply equally well to Chinese audiences.

...And maybe one more land, inspired by a region of the world or China that Chinese people find interesting. I don't know what this would be though...

• Sock Puppet

Fantasyland should still keep its euopean feel becasue I am sure like in the US you want something different than where you live. I think Chinese people would rather see a classic Fantasyland than a Chinese Fantasyland

• Banned User

regarding the "Adventure" main street, exotic for us, wouldn't be the same as exotic for the Chinese. For them, a turn of the century town WOULD be exotic.

• Sock Puppet

on top floor of Tower of Terror, don't tell;)

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Jr View Post
    regarding the "Adventure" main street, exotic for us, wouldn't be the same as exotic for the Chinese. For them, a turn of the century town WOULD be exotic.
    Exactly. That is why a chinese fantasyland and an exotic main street would not seem as unique to them as a turn of the century main street and an european fantasyland.

• Rrrrreecite!

I 2nd a Sultans palace from Aladdin as the entrance
    and throw a Winnie the panda ride into Fantasyland for good measure
    hey maybe even a Peter Panda dark ride...

ok .. i'll stop
    Last edited by Jafar00; 01-04-2010 at 05:34 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234