Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why oh why???

• Disney Fan & Musician

Re: Why oh why???

I feel ya. I think there are too many Disney parks now. Unfortunately, it's all about money. :/
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    To be honest, I'm not sure if they will ever improve the Magic Kingdom model beyond what they designed in Disneyland Paris. That park was created when the WDC was unafraid to needlessly pour money over the smallest details. Until Tokyo DisneySea, Disneyland Paris was the most elaborate and lavish Disney park ever built. Both of those parks used only the finest materials (stone, marble, Italian tile, etc) during their construction and an incredible emphasis was placed on architecture and craftsmanship (especially in the case of Tokyo DisneySea).

That kind of spending just for the sake of theming is something we will probably never see in a Disney park again, and I believe even the OLC has regretted spending that much money just on the ornate architecture/design of their second gate. I have no doubt that Shanghai Disneyland will be impressive among the Magic Kingdoms, but I don't think it will top the visual richness and elegance of Disneyland Paris.
    Oooo, I hope you're wrong, but I think you're right. I don't really mind them building another park, but only if it's as fantastic as TDS.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornJ View Post
    I feel ya. I think there are too many Disney parks now. Unfortunately, it's all about money. :/
    Some people felt that way when WDW opened.

[QUOTE=PragmaticIdealist;1055677811]There are already too many near-duplicates of Disneyland. Disney always used to be so careful about cheapening its trademark, but, over the last fifteen years, the jackasses running the company have continued to pull this crap without any regard for the damage they're doing. QUOTE]

We totally agree just walking through WDW parks every month proves this. They have removed a lot of the old attractions because they say they cost too much upkeep.
    The state of dis-repair is amazing..We remeber when WDW used to hire concrete workers for overnight shifts (which cost them a lot more $) so that the sidewalks and streets could get repaired without the guests seeing it..now they just leave the cracks and holes and patch them when they get enough of them to be a legal liability.

CMHusband: "Frankly, I'm sick of sending everything we do well overseas. (especially China) Its an AMERICAN icon, keep it American. Let the Chineese invent and build their own amusement parks. "

Exactly, Disney doesn't care about being an American Icon anymore...just build more parks and sell more watered down products..bottom line. Disney used to care about their name!
    Did you see the article where the Chinese farmers that live on the land are being displaced because of the park? They were told by the Govt. to move...no negotiations.
    How about that the Govt. won't allow more than 1 child per family? And Disney wants to align the Disney brand with this Govt.?

Disney's greed is going to be its undoing. The Disney company used to get an award back in the 1970's and 80's I believe, that was called Excellence in Business...it's not an award you can buy...it can't be had...it has to be "won" by an American Company by the Positive response of the Employees and the Consumers together...thats how you get it..and they "won" it several years in a row because people loved this company.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123