Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Re: Possible Attractions

I would suspect something with Mulan will be there. I would also guess some version of Soarin' Over California.

• Future Disney Imagineer

I believe that Shainghai's Disneyland is going to be very unique compared to the other "classic layout" parks. I'm looking foward to it having many different new rides and lands, includings lands cancelled from Hong Kong (Pirate's Cove,
    Glacier Mountain, etc.), and it will most DEFINITELY NOT include Toy Story Playland!!! Well, I'm not completely sure, but I hope it won't happen.

• Addicted to Disney

It would be too expensive to build Main Street, so you enter through a cardboard cutout of a castle that is 7 feet high(Adults will have to crawl under it!) The main attraction here would be dumbo! Hop aboard a cardboard elephant and have a cast member lift you up for 5 seconds (not guaranteed, maximum weight is 80 lbs.) There will be 1 teacup where you hop in and a cast member pushes the tea cup so it spins. It will be the best Disneyland ever with a cost of about 1000 dollars! Admission costs $250!

Come on. My idea had a higher budget than that.
    The five worst crimes in the world, in no particular order, are genocide, rape, murder, torture, and flash photography on Space Mountain.

• someday itll be a resort.

honestly, i think more pixar based themed lands would sell better in the chinese market especially when it comes to merchandise. The second thing is the park is likely to be similar in size to HKDL either slightly smaller or larger.... even though china has a lot of money to spend the park will be jointly owned with walt disney thus the parks budget being strained... maybe they should follow a tokyo OLC type financing where disney gets money for its name and royalties but the park is financed only by a red chip company...

•   

They made some big mistakes in Hong Kong not to have a Fronteirland and now they are trying to fix it. Even China's beloved Bruce Lee loved Westerns and wanted to be a Steve McQueen. Instead of a tree house on the central Adventureland island as they did, they should have gone with the highly successful Paris Disneyland route with a Fronteirland Big Thunder Island, which is still the number 1 attraction there. Shanghai should go with the Paris Plan of Thunder Mesa and make Bruce happy.

• Dreamer

If they're going to build a Magic Kingdom-like park there have to be some "classics" like POTC, any of the movie-based rides in Fantasyland, IASW, a Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain. The centerpiece, of course, has to be a Disney castle, but the park structure they can do however they want.

•   

It's a great loss that HKDL did not choose the Pirates Village as the 4th Bruckheimer film is in the works and is sure to be a hit. Maybe by the time Shanghai opens they will have the Pirates Village and the 6th film will be out. Hang in there Johnny! I don't think any Disney park would be a park without Mainstreet USA leading to the castle, but which castle? Maybe a new addition as done at EDL/PDL.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornJ View Post
    Yeah, I highly doubt there will be a Main Street USA.
    I know a giant sun/hubcap and tile mural which will soon be available. perhaps they can use that instead of a detailed Main Street.

I'm not expecting too much from Shanghai. Probably just a bit bigger than Hong Kong Disneyland but not much more ambitious.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12