Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1

    • Future Disney Imagineer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    3,574

    Wink Concept art of Disneyland's Entrance Hub by Tim Delaney?

    Tim J. Delaney Design Here's a piece of concept art of a new entrance hub and train station with unique design, and the normal floral Mickey is wearing a sorceror hat, and contains a fountain with two broom pouring a bucket of water into it. Also noteworthy are the railway cars

    from Tim Delaney's website, showcasing many new drawings of never-built attractions, and many of those could potentially be brought to Shanghai! You'll find Pirate's Land, and Glacier Bay concept art, along with an all-new Tomorrowland with a new name, and a new Space Mountain. Most surprising are the sketches of radically different Main Streets with themes quite different from our own.

    Explore and find what might possibly be found in Shanghai:
    Tim J. Delaney Design
    Tim J. Delaney Design
    Last edited by Incrediboy; 06-30-2010 at 05:54 PM.

  2. #2

    • Future Disney Imagineer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    3,574

    Re: Concept art of Disneyland's Entrance Hub by Tim Delaney?

    Here's a piece from the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, that was supposed to be used in Hong Kong, but just might find its way to Shanghai's Adventureland.
    http://www.timjdelaney.com/illustrations-14-full.jpg
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 06-30-2010 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Hotlinked images, against site rules

  3. #3

    • Internet.Serious Business
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities
    Posts
    4,824

    Re: Concept art of Disneyland's Entrance Hub by Tim Delaney?

    I believe that train station was from EDL. Notice the integrated Elevated train for Main Street.

  4. #4

    • Disney Fan & Musician
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,764

    Re: Concept art of Disneyland's Entrance Hub by Tim Delaney?

    I have high hopes for Shanghai, but being realistic, I'm not expecting much.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

  5. #5

    • Future Disney Imagineer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    3,574

    Re: Concept art of Disneyland's Entrance Hub by Tim Delaney?

    Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb View Post
    I believe that train station was from EDL. Notice the integrated Elevated train for Main Street.
    Well wouldn't it be awesome if Shanghai Disneyland got elevated trams instead?

    Have you seen the concept art for the different Main Streets on the website? The train Station could fit the Hollywood theme, or whimsy theme, but what if they reused the 1920s theme from EDL concept and put the elevated tramways in that?

    for now all possibilities are open, and though the concept art gives us a hint, we really won't know what they will choose until they announce it, so for now it is still possible for Shanghai DL to have an elevated tramway on Mainstreet.


    Someones gotta see the new Space Mountain on the website it looks awesome!!!

  6. #6

    • Disney + Menken fan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    225

    Re: Concept art of Disneyland's Entrance Hub by Tim Delaney?

    I saw those aswell some days ago!
    If they are going for diffrent style then I'd love to see the forest one (with a more natural style rather than cartoon-ish) I do not like the other 2 much, the bottom one looks tacky in my eyes and and very welcoming, nor does the top one XD
    I do love the Science City concept (I reminds me of Si-Fi-City that never got build in Tokyo Disneyland) That space mountain looks really cool!
    IF this is consept for Shanghai disney (wish I do think it is) than it somehow reminds me of the first plans of Hong Kong Disneyland, not big but charming (Im talking about the plan that had the castle at the end of fantasyland instad of at the end of the hub, I really liked this idea and hope Shanghai will get someting like this)

    One thing about Shanghai that Im looking forward to is the castle, and also my bigest fear, since now all castles BUT Paris have been cloned Im very scared that they will clone it for shanghai (and I do NOT aprove that xD) Oh well we just have to wai and see what they come up with..

    ~Dex
    "Fish are friends! NOT food!"
    ~Finding Nemo

  7. #7

    • Future Disney Imagineer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    3,574

    Re: Concept art of Disneyland's Entrance Hub by Tim Delaney?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xedex View Post
    I saw those aswell some days ago!
    If they are going for diffrent style then I'd love to see the forest one (with a more natural style rather than cartoon-ish) I do not like the other 2 much, the bottom one looks tacky in my eyes and and very welcoming, nor does the top one XD
    I do love the Science City concept (I reminds me of Si-Fi-City that never got build in Tokyo Disneyland) That space mountain looks really cool!
    IF this is consept for Shanghai disney (wish I do think it is) than it somehow reminds me of the first plans of Hong Kong Disneyland, not big but charming (Im talking about the plan that had the castle at the end of fantasyland instad of at the end of the hub, I really liked this idea and hope Shanghai will get someting like this)

    One thing about Shanghai that Im looking forward to is the castle, and also my bigest fear, since now all castles BUT Paris have been cloned Im very scared that they will clone it for shanghai (and I do NOT aprove that xD) Oh well we just have to wai and see what they come up with..

    ~Dex
    The forest one was my fave too out of the three, and if i didn't have to choose between those 3 I'd pick the 1920s Street originally envisioned for EDL and have the tramway cars.

    When it comes to the castle I sure hope it's either Beauty and the beast or Rapunzel, not for the movie, but for the beautiful movie concept art. Both options, i hope they're on a hill, that would be way cool.

    yes great Tomorrowland!

  8. #8

    • Bangarang!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,663

    Re: Concept art of Disneyland's Entrance Hub by Tim Delaney?

    If this is the direction their aiming the Shanghai project then I'm more than happy. It would seem to be in the vein of Pairs, that is familiar yet different.


    "We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

  9. #9

    • Disney + Menken fan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    225

    Re: Concept art of Disneyland's Entrance Hub by Tim Delaney?

    Quote Originally Posted by Incrediboy View Post
    The forest one was my fave too out of the three, and if i didn't have to choose between those 3 I'd pick the 1920s Street originally envisioned for EDL and have the tramway cars.

    When it comes to the castle I sure hope it's either Beauty and the beast or Rapunzel, not for the movie, but for the beautiful movie concept art. Both options, i hope they're on a hill, that would be way cool.

    yes great Tomorrowland!
    Yeah that would be awsome! (especialy after seeing the compleat 1920's mainstreet plan/map in the new imagineering book) But I dont think Shanghai will go for a big disneyland park, and I think it would look kinda strange to have a smal park with one big fancy mainstreet while all the other lands aren't very much, BUT I'd still have would love to see a 1920's mainstreet (though I dont want any more magic kingdoms around the world, a diffrent disney park I can handle but having 6 or more Happiest Places on earth sounds strange to me XD)

    ~Dex
    "Fish are friends! NOT food!"
    ~Finding Nemo

  10. #10

    • Dreamer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Switzerland where the REAL Matterhorn is
    Posts
    388

    Re: Concept art of Disneyland's Entrance Hub by Tim Delaney?

    Quote Originally Posted by Incrediboy View Post
    Have you seen the concept art for the different Main Streets on the website?
    Where did you see that?

  11. #11

    • i heart plunging v-necks
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Obake Street, We Ho
    Posts
    484

    Re: Concept art of Disneyland's Entrance Hub by Tim Delaney?

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Lamp View Post
    Where did you see that?
    it is in the sketches section.

    last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

  12. #12

    • Dreamer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Switzerland where the REAL Matterhorn is
    Posts
    388

    Re: Concept art of Disneyland's Entrance Hub by Tim Delaney?

    Quote Originally Posted by malice View Post
    it is in the sketches section.
    Oh thanks, the one image I didn't look at.

  13. #13

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    576

    Re: Concept art of Disneyland's Entrance Hub by Tim Delaney?

    I think it appears as the one mot people says is Space Mountain is labeled "Space Pavilion 2015. Not sure what that means exactly, but it could either be for Epcot, or a reimagined Tomorrowland. So could 2015 be SHDL's opening year than?

  14. #14

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    759

    Re: Concept art of Disneyland's Entrance Hub by Tim Delaney?

    Tim Delaney did a great job during his time at WDI. Does someone know what he is doing now, after he left or had to leave Disney?

  15. #15

    • Bangarang!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,663

    Re: Concept art of Disneyland's Entrance Hub by Tim Delaney?

    Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin77 View Post
    I think it appears as the one mot people says is Space Mountain is labeled "Space Pavilion 2015. Not sure what that means exactly, but it could either be for Epcot, or a reimagined Tomorrowland. So could 2015 be SHDL's opening year than?
    From what I remember its supposed to be opening in 2014 but given that we still haven't heard anything out of Burbank (or even Beijing) I wouldn't be surprised if it slipped to '15.


    "We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WDI's Tim Delaney on the Season Pass!
    By seasonpass_Doug in forum MiceAge Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 12:45 PM
  2. A grand Tribute to Tim Delaney - Part One
    By loaloa55 in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 10:19 AM
  3. [Other] Interview with Tim Delaney
    By manifest in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-13-2008, 01:14 PM
  4. New DCA Entrance Concept Art?
    By k_peek_2000 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 10:53 AM
  5. Concept Images Galore! Official Concept page
    By DisneyDude2006 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 04:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •