Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Future Disney Imagineer

Re: SDL Construction may start in Nov 2010

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    That "woodsy" Main Street would look nice with Rapunzel's tower as the "castle" icon for SDL.
    WHOAH!!!! Never thought of that in my mind!!! Wouldn't that be perfectly beautiful??? Thanks for the visual, i never put 2+2 together until now

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Incrediboy View Post
    WHOAH!!!! Never thought of that in my mind!!! Wouldn't that be perfectly beautiful??? Thanks for the visual, i never put 2+2 together until now
    Yes, simply beautiful if done right. I can see this park being even more beautiful than Disneyland Paris.

• Not here to help

I would sure like to see a different Magic Kingdom for once. Fantasyland could be inspired by the orient and or perhaps made like an arabian garden... it could have the castle from Aladdin as a park symbol.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    This is so frustrating. Has Disney even made the official announcement? They got whatever approval back months ago.

I remember when Jim Hill said that the plans were to announce the project right after the Beijing 2008 Olympics ended.

They got approval from the central government, they have not yet signed an agreement with Shanghai over ownership of the park.

• Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    I would sure like to see a different Magic Kingdom for once. Fantasyland could be inspired by the orient and or perhaps made like an arabian garden... it could have the castle from Aladdin as a park symbol.
    I like the idea, instead of Mains Street they could recreate the streets of Agrabah and put Adventureland at the entrance.

Another idea would be to use Fantasyland as the main street and the castle from the Rapunzel concept art in the middle, surrounded by a lagoon. *cough*WorldofColor*cough*

• Batman with a Gun

Bel Air, California, United States, United States

Holding off on construction because of air quality. That's... horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    I'm still not keen on the idea of another Disney resort right now. I think they should first fix up their troubled parks before they worry about another one.
    I completely 200% agree! Quantity seems to be over quality in management's mind as far as disney parks and resorts. If they continue this path of a resort every couple years, without improving thoroughly their existing ones, we're going to have cheap parks. I mean, if there's a disney park in every major country, with all these repeats of rides, etc. why Should I go to Hong Kong when i can go to California, which is much closer? Shanghai is a great opportunity, but there is sacrifice in every great opportunity that can't be made too often without consequences.

Also--As for main street... Not sure. a woodsy area would be good, but it needs to be friendly and inviting. Some place you can spend a while in, and still feel welcome, not some place you hurry through because you don't like it. A great place to start your day, and a great place to end it
    Last edited by Epcot2000; 07-13-2010 at 06:46 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12