Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Haunted Mansion on Main Street?

Since the HM has to be in a different land in each park, do you think its time for main Street to get an E-Ticket? It would fit in much better than in Tomorrowland and Adventureland

• The Study of Wumbo

Re: Haunted Mansion on Main Street?

Mehhhhhh no.

Based on the current trend, with Mystic Manor, I think the odds of a traditional Haunted Mansion in SDL are slim. They might have a horror-esque attraction using Marvel characters. Or they'll build a whole new land, like Mystic Point.

I've seen good concepts for Adventureland Mansions. Tomorrowland can also be accomplished- remember Alien Encounter?

A Mansion on Main Street would not be too good... Off-set the balance and ruin the entrance.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Future Disney Imagineer

There's definitely a chance of that happening, and I like the idea, though if i bet money, I would say it will be in Adventureland. It will most likely be the haunted mansion originally planned for HK but canceled along with Pirate's land, and I think they will reuse that land idea in SDL, including the Adventureland HM.

• Jack's Posse

I thought of that idea in my Create Your own magic Kingdom thread. It could work though Shanghai may not have but maybe some other park will.
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the ******* for it!
    Mike Skellington
    My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

If I recall my Disneyland history, a "haunted house" was originally planned to go on Main Street or nearby it but for whatever reason this idea was scrapped.

• Not here to help

HKDL has a Main Street Haunted Hotel at the end of the street during Halloween season. It could work, but I still think its better to keep the main rides and shows off the Main Street houses.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Choir nerd

If the HM (or any variation thereof) is put in Main Street, it should be down a side alley way. Many actual Main Streets of small-ish towns do have mid-size to large houses just outside of the central area.

When the Haunted Mansion was originally conceived (before its evolution into the omnimover attraction we know today), Main Street was its setting. I still think it would fit nicely on a hill overlooking a Victorian hub, in place of a Plaza Cafe.

Even the actual attraction's interiors suit the time period & theme of Victorian America as well as (if not better than) New Orleans / Liberty Square.

• Who are you again?

I really would like to see a HM in Main Street or in Adventureland

The Main street one could be a generic Victorian style Haunted house

and the Adventure land could have ghostly apperitions of anivals from the jungle or where ever
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

• The Study of Wumbo

I've heard of this concept before, and I do NOT want them to make POTC/HM sister attractions with a Mansion based on the POTC movies and that crazy voodoo priestess lady.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Tomorrow's Child

I'd love to see what kind of backstory they could do with a Mansion on Main Street. (I'm thinking along the lines of Phantom Manor's plot and how its tied into Frontierland).

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

In Adventureland, the exterior could either be Victorian (but too much like Mystic Manor, bleh. I'd like originality), OR it could be an old Plantation home (maybe the same style as DLR's HM, maybe not) and it would be covered with vines and tall grass, as it is no longer lived in, and nature has started to take over.

• Not here to help

A great way of placing a Haunted Mansion in Adventureland is to put it in a corner and have alot of trees growing around it. Visitors would follow a path in a jungle that lead to a house covered with ivy and other things growing on it. The house would look as if it was about to fall apart. On the night there could be projections in the windows of people/ghosts walking around inside the house. The ride itself could be alike the current mansions but with a twist at the end where guests were taken down into the basement and then into a cave that was and ancient burial ground filled with spirits trying to catch a ride in the buggies up to the surface.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    A great way of placing a Haunted Mansion in Adventureland is to put it in a corner and have alot of trees growing around it. Visitors would follow a path in a jungle that lead to a house covered with ivy and other things growing on it. The house would look as if it was about to fall apart. On the night there could be projections in the windows of people/ghosts walking around inside the house. The ride itself could be alike the current mansions but with a twist at the end where guests were taken down into the basement and then into a cave that was and ancient burial ground filled with spirits trying to catch a ride in the buggies up to the surface.
    Woah i like those ideas! The exterior thoughts were the same as mine, but I like the descriptions of the effects, and what to find inside the house.

I hope this is the one like in Frontierland: Omnimover traditional ride-thru, with a twist, and new storyline. I would prefer that it wouldn't have a tie-in to the Pirate voodoo lady.

Rumors once circulated for a HK Adventureland Mansion that would be themed around a dilapidated colonial consulate building and the Great White Hunter.

I think that would be pretty nifty. Unfortunately, I'm sure today's PC police nixed anything that centered around Colonialism (see the disappearance of the fez-wearing porters at the MK Jungle Cruise), and the idea evolved into Mystic Manor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast